Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly can't see them rolling out grey after touting how they have the best uniforms in the history of all mankind and that the best get better.  Wouldn't add up to me.  Only way is if it's a color rush, which, who gives a :censored: because all the color rush unis suck. 

25 minutes ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

I don’t doubt the grey jersey. I think he or his source, if valid, mixed up the alts and greys 

Grey with yellow accents could work really well if done right

Especially if they are aiming for a storm look for the 3rd/color rush. I just don't wanna see any unnecessary grey in the primary and whites. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

33 minutes ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:
I think he or his source, if valid, mixed up the alts and greys.

Right. If anything, the road would be white, the Color Rush could be gray and the throwback could be royal or dark blue. He also claims to have "an important update in the morning," so that should be coming within the hour if he's on the West Coast.

On 4/9/2020 at 7:35 AM, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

knew we were missing a mocking of this mess in an unrelated thread. 😜 

dump the bolts from the arms and try something else on the sleeves and it goes from a 2 to a 5 (ish) 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Its funny, Nike has and teams have found a way to put gray into color schemes and make gray uniforms as much as possible for football and basketball teams. Yet in baseball the one sport where gray has roots for every team going back to the start of the sport and many teams seem to find ways to wear their gray road uniforms as little as possible.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Have we seen the 2020 rulebook, though?  So far as I know, they haven't even been set yet, much less announced. 

The Chargers might know something we don't.  I sure as :censored: hope not, but they might.

And thus why I said the "current" Rulebook 😏

It's where I sit.

Isn't there supposed to be a change to at least their white away uniforms or are they gonna continue to.be a powder blue team at home and white with navy trim on the road?

All they have to do is revert back to the 1968 throwbacks that they wore for AFL-50 Legacy in 2009 along with NFL-75 in 1994 and call it a day. Loved those block letters, and then the TV numbers return to the upper jersey sleeves.  They ruined them a few years after 2009 when making the current version of the power blues as alternates. 

They could also bring back the 1966 bright yellow/gold pants to change things up intermittently.   Would love to see the numbers return to the sides of the helmets, (and most everyone will hate this) but bring back the gray face-mask too.  I think it looks great on a white helmet. 

Their alternates in 2021 (if they :censored:-can the one helmet shell rule) they should wear the rarely worn royal blue early 80s Air-Coryell throwbacks with the blue helmet, yellow face-mask, yellow numbers and nobs, block numbers and they'd once again have the top uniform in the entire NFL ... at least in many opinions starting with Chris Berman. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, Maroon&Gold said:

Does this really need a separate topic?

I'll tell ya what, when you've frequented this chat board regularly for 10 years rather than your 10 months, or if you're Chris Creamer or one of his board Administrators I'll be glad to answer your condescending question!

In the mean time ............   (I'm sure most posters can finish of that sentence)

50 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

His update:

I’m strongly assuming by “same royal blue” he means same color as last year as not “the same uniform”. I 99.9999% doubt they’d retain the same exact color rush set after a full-on rebrand, I just think it’s an odd choice of words that could potentially be misleading to some.

If he and/or his source are correct, I’d be intrigued to see how inspired the Color Rush is by the original LA uniform, if at all. The grey, on the other hand, seems absolutely stupid. I’d have to see it of course, but it doesn’t sound good at all (and a little far fetched, if I’m being honest).

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

I'll tell ya what, when you've frequented this chat board regularly for 10 years rather than your 10 months, or if you're Chris Creamer or one of his board Administrators I'll be glad to answer your condescending question!

In the mean time ............   (I'm sure most posters can finish of that sentence)

Not to backseat mod, but he's kinda right.

2 minutes ago, ARTnSocal said:

So you can be condescending but an honest question is off limits?

20 hours ago, Newport said:

I gotta feeling it’s going to be a let down! Everything we’ve thought was going to be good, ended up being trash and everything we thought was going to be trash, ended up being almost perfect.

Um, no? Where are you getting that from?

Archived