Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

I think there's a vaporwave take you could kind of do for the Rams, but you would have had to have done it two years ago for it not to be past its sell-by date now.

It feels like some designer said "hey, what if the yellow in our uniform was actually about the sun??!" and they seem to have gone all in on that. Of course, we need to see the uniform first, but the priority in just what the design elements are right now seems kind of off.

Like, instead of the Ram horns being ram horns, it's turned into a opportunity to play on iconography of LA. I get the intent, but they so far seem like they're taking something simple and making it too complex.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

It feels like some designer said "hey, what if the yellow in our uniform was actually about the sun??!" and they seem to have gone all in on that. Of course, we need to see the uniform first, but the priority in just what the design elements are right now seems kind of off.

Like, instead of the Ram horns being ram horns, it's turned into a opportunity to play on iconography of LA. I get the intent, but they so far seem like they're taking something simple and making it too complex.

And they decided they needed gradients in their identity, which is undoubtedly going to become a focal point for the new design given the prominence in the brand we've seen thus far.

I would not be shocked if they had either gradient numbers or a gradient alternate. And the thought horrifies me. How the :censored: the Chargers got everything right so far and the Rams screwed pretty much everything up beyond the colors I have no idea. Is Kroenke trying to out-Spanos Spanos?

23 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

If Goodell was insistent on two teams in LA, the Raiders should've gone there instead of the Chargers, considering the Raiders have more of a fanbase in LA and far more history in LA than the Chargers ever have.

I used to hear that the Raiders/Rams split was cultural in ways beyond sports. Raiders fans tended to be less white and less well off while the Rams were more of the country club set. 

There was the old quip from Ditka about playing the Rams being the Smiths against the Grabowskis. 

Is there any distinction between Rams and Chargers fan bases? 

^ Many would like to think one is nonexistent, but...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

28 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

So, all you had to do was give examples of your initial statement. Your continued refusal leads me to believe you’re kind of projecting.

The backlash wasn’t needed. It’s like people look to start drama. I never join message boards for that reason alone. I’ve been lurking since as far back as the 2004 Bengals, if not longer. I probably should have remained a ghost on here because the entire experience and what I used to take joy in has been all ruined now.   

19 minutes ago, Newport said:

The backlash wasn’t needed. It’s like people look to start drama. I never join message boards for that reason alone. I’ve been lurking since as far back as the 2004 Bengals, if not longer. I probably should have remained a ghost on here because the entire experience and what I used to take joy in has been all ruined now.   

It kind of seems like you're overreacting to people who just wanted you to clarify what you meant. 

Calm down, take it back to square one, and go from there. 

1 hour ago, Newport said:

I hate you feel this way but all I was wanting to know is what you meant by the statement you made. I had to assume you meant you liked Atlanta's uniforms & did not like the others. However if that is the case your statement was really not a true depiction of what most people on this board have said over time.

Again I am not saying all people felt this way but most have been in line with what Canzman said in his post which is he liked New England, Indianapolis, Tampa Bay, & Los Angeles Chargers but did not like Atlanta & Los Angeles Rams as much. I may not be remembering this right because I did not look it up. However you did not clear up your take on the matter that most had the opposite opinion. 

2 hours ago, Newport said:

Are you speaking for yourself or rest of the online tuff guys and wanna be e-thugs on here?

There are no thugs on this message board.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

13 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

The segmented horn on the helmet makes no sense. The point of the segmented horn is for the A in L@.  If there is no A there's no need to segment it.

Brand consistency. If they want every horn to look the same, they have to segment the horn on the helmet, as well.

1 hour ago, IceCap said:

It kind of seems like you're overreacting to people who just wanted you to clarify what you meant. 

Calm down, take it back to square one, and go from there. 

It’s been more than that going on. Lot of rock throwing and hand hiding. Don’t gas light and manipulate the situation. 

35 minutes ago, Newport said:

It’s been more than that going on. Lot of rock throwing and hand hiding. Don’t gas light and manipulate the situation. 

"Gas light"? "Manipulate"? Um...the first one is actually illegal and the second one is a pretty heinous descriptor. You sure you wanna go there over a message board dispute? 

Here's what I see. You posted...

"I gotta feeling it’s going to be a let down! Everything we’ve thought was going to be good, ended up being trash and everything we thought was going to be trash, ended up being almost perfect. The part that scares me is how well received they are amongst the players. I can only hope the emojis aren’t on the uniforms in any form or fashion."

https://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/121601-los-angeles-nfl-brands-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=3099972

People disagreed with this assessment because @canzman, who has insider info, indicated early on that the Bucs, Browns, and Chargers would have good looks. The Rams and Falcons would look bad, and that the Colts and Pats were "meh."

That opinion seemed to carry a lot of weight given canzman's credibility. 

Now let's look at what you said. 

"Everything we’ve thought was going to be good, ended up being trash and everything we thought was going to be trash, ended up being almost perfect."

This doesn't seem to line up with the majority opinion here. We were weary about the Rams' new logo, and most people here dislike it. We were told the Falcons would have bad uniforms, and most people here don't like those either. 

Meanwhile we were told that we could expect to like the Bucs and Browns' new unis, and the vast majority of people seem to like those. Even when we all thought the Bucs would drop orange? The attitude was "that sucks but they'll still look better than what they're currently wearing." 

So it seems that, from an honest reading of this board's general opinion that your statement is simply incorrect. Most people ended up liking what they were expecting to like, and have disliked what they were expecting to dislike. 

No one is "hating" on you, and no one is trying to gaslight or manipulate you ffs. 

People are, however, pointing out that on the whole your analysis doesn't seem to match the general thoughts of the community it's analyzing. 

1 minute ago, patsfan5101 said:

I hate to continue being off-topic, but can we just get this guy out of here? It's getting obnoxious. 

No. This seems like a case of miscommunication and hot tempers. Let's give everyone a chance to calm down. 

44 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Brand consistency. If they want every horn to look the same, they have to segment the horn on the helmet, as well.

They really don't have to. Brand consistency doesn't require that everything look exactly the same. As long as everything feels consistent and cohesive, it works.

That doesn't mean they won't do it though, because clearly this is a disastrous rebrand.

spacer.png

Archived