OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

I'm really starting to wonder what's up with all this excessive praise of the new Chargers uniforms. Everyone seems to like the powder blue/throwback style looks, but isn't that pretty much what was expected of them with this uniform unveil? I'm confused why everyone (players, analysts, reporters) are claiming they are clearly the best uniforms ever as though it's something unexpected and revolutionary.

 

I'm not saying I don't think it will be a good look, but I'm just confused why there is so much hype, especially when their regular powder blue was fine the way it was, and since we all pretty much have a general idea of what to expect.

If you're referring to the set they just finished using, then it's because they weren't a good look, necessarily. They were just the better option of that whole set. The Agency numbers were old within a few years, if not right away as it was merely a trend. The bolts curving down or straight or whatever that was, was not good either. The curved pant stripe, not good. And all the navy shoehorned in there because they wanted to have the best of both worlds, was not done so well. Again, it was their better option and then they finally changed the primary last season, pleasing everyone... because of what the other option was.

 

This redesign (hopefully) will correct the mistakes to make the uniforms actually good because they're good and not just good in context.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Exactly that; we have a general idea that they're not going to :censored: the bed. It's why the Rams have been consistently dunked on and the Chargers haven't; one did a excessively cute rebrand with way too many overthought details, the other just did what was necessary and left it at that.

 

Except that, once again, we haven't seen either one of them yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait... Two Away Uniforms? @ :18 Seconds

 

Also, something is mentioned that apparently has been asked for for awhile, hence the "we got the redacted" and "finally gave us the redacted"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

Wait... Two Away Uniforms? @ :18 Seconds

 

Also, something is mentioned that apparently has been asked for for awhile, hence the "we got the redacted" and "finally gave us the redacted"

 

 

 

I'd feel better if, along with these guys, there was some forty year old fat guy from Sheboygan giving a big thumbs up.  You know, just covering all the bases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Exactly that; we have a general idea that they're not going to :censored: the bed. It's why the Rams have been consistently dunked on and the Chargers haven't; one did a excessively cute rebrand with way too many overthought details, the other just did what was necessary and left it at that.

 

Funny how in their anti-Rams, pro-Chargers design opinions, people forget this:

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, rjrrzube said:

 

Funny how in their anti-Rams, pro-Chargers design opinions, people forget this:

 

spacer.png

 

They should have started with this instead:

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I'm really starting to wonder what's up with all this excessive praise of the new Chargers uniforms. Everyone seems to like the powder blue/throwback style looks, but isn't that pretty much what was expected of them with this uniform unveil? I'm confused why everyone (players, analysts, reporters) are claiming they are clearly the best uniforms ever as though it's something unexpected and revolutionary.

 

I'm not saying I don't think it will be a good look, but I'm just confused why there is so much hype, especially when their regular powder blue was fine the way it was, and since we all pretty much have a general idea of what to expect.

There are many lists that claim the Chargers' powder blue throwbacks are the best uniform in sports. So I get the hype if the new unis are a faithful modernization of that design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

I'd feel better if, along with these guys, there was some forty year old fat guy from Sheboygan giving a big thumbs up.  You know, just covering all the bases.

Yea that guy's opinion has long been unrecognized

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

Yea that guy's opinion has long been unrecognized

 

OK, yeah, that's a pretty good point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rjrrzube said:

Funny how in their anti-Rams, pro-Chargers design opinions, people forget this:

Almost like what happened three years ago has no baring on uniforms and logos being released today 😛

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Almost like what happened three years ago has no baring on uniforms and logos being released today 😛

 

And like what we think we know today has no bearing on what actually is true! 

 

Holding my detailed analysis of the unis until i actually see them! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rjrrzube said:

And like what we think we know today has no bearing on what actually is true! 

 

Holding my detailed analysis of the unis until i actually see them! 

The Chargers' LA-bolt was very quickly and publically dropped after the backlash. There wasn't an attempt to defend it, the logo just immediately died and the Chargers admitted they'd cocked up soon afterwards. And literally everything about their recently-revealed branding has proven very, very well-handled; they've done everything the fans have wanted and haven't overthought the logo set to high hell, which is generally a sign they also didn't overthink the uniform design, either.

 

The Rams' logos were derided when they were leaked, derided when they were officially revealed and are derided now, despite the team doubling-down on them, for the same reasons every single time; being excessively overthought nonsense that tried to add way too many elements at once. The entire brand is littered with peak Nikespeak(tm), and the fact they overthought the logo branding so dramatically is not a good sign as to the uniform design not also being dramatically overthought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, rjrrzube said:

And like what we think we know today has no bearing on what actually is true! 

 

Holding my detailed analysis of the unis until i actually see them! 

The Chargers certainly won the PR battle with the logos. It's not like people are saying this stuff based on nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

I'd feel better if, along with these guys, there was some forty year old fat guy from Sheboygan giving a big thumbs up.  You know, just covering all the bases.

I'm 40 minutes from Sheboygan. But the boxes of forty and fat guy are spot on. If someone wants to share early with me I'll give you the answer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, doctorpeligro said:

 

They should have started with this instead:

spacer.png

Much better than the Chargers emoji logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Newport said:

Much better than the Chargers emoji logo.

Ech, not a chance. The emoji's a goofy little miscellaneous logo, the LA-bolt was going to be the primary logo. I can deal with a goofy misc. logo you're only going to see on merch or stadium display screens. Making your primary logo literally look like lightning sperm was a far, far, faaaar more asinine move then introducing a goofy little side thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, heavybass said:

..... that means they made the helmets Powder Blue.

Worried now.

I'm hoping it'll be like the navy era but powder blue if that's the case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maroon&Gold said:

I'm hoping it'll be like the navy era but powder blue if that's the case


I wouldn't mind if it's the one with the white outline.... but that logo works on a white helmet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.