Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

25 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Where are you hearing that? There's so much (mis)information going around, we should be citing our sources here.

i cannot cite my sources but i mentioned last training camp that there would be a new Bolt and possible new uniforms.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

Periwinkle helmets

FTFY. Common mistake.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

The prospects of a Powder Blue helmet are a little disconcerting.

As far as we have been told, this is the new bolt on a Powder Blue background:

spacer.png

As someone who generally hates two trim colors, I would have preferred either of the following alternative bolts on Powder Blue:

spacer.png           spacer.png

Bolt trimmed in Black on Powder Blue background                                  Bolt trimmed in White on a Powder Blue background

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

2 hours ago, doctorpeligro said:

spacer.png

As someone who generally hates two trim colors, I would have preferred either of the following alternative bolts on Powder Blue:

Bolt trimmed in Black on Powder Blue background                                  Bolt trimmed in White on a Powder Blue background

I concur with this analysis.

To wit, the new bolt has a white outline significantly thinner than the powder blue outline. 

I look fine as a standalone logo but the inconsistency in the stripe outlines could make the white less discernible from a distance. 

If they were going to roll with a powder blue helmet, I would have wanted something like the 80's style outlining on the bolt.*

*Also for the record, I don't think the helmet bolt has been changed. The new logo just seems to be a more accurate representation of the helmet bolts which have had a flatter arch for their whole existence. 

On 4/18/2020 at 6:44 PM, CaliforniaGlowin said:

The segmented horn on the helmet makes no sense. The point of the segmented horn is for the A in L@.  If there is no A there's no need to segment it.

This remains the reason why I'm really afraid that they put the whole LA horn logo on the helmet.

Which, if they did it, would make the gradient Falcons jersey look like Yankees' pinstripes.

4 hours ago, doctorpeligro said:

spacer.png

Hard disagree. I'm repeating myself from an earlier page, but to me, the inner blue outline becomes part of the background and I see the logo as a bolt with an offset white outline, which strikes me as a very "electric" look. I'm very glad the Chargers have moved away from darker blue and embraced powder, but I loved the application of the bolt on blue in these two looks:

LaDainian Tomlinson a Twitter: "#TBT those @Chargers days.… "RIP Chuck Muncie | jsportsblogger

Archived