Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

The creative team working with the Chargers also designed the new looks for the Browns, Colts, and previously the Lions. All of those teams saw modern tweaks to traditional looks, and they turned  out great.

I fully expect the same for the Chargers. We will see white helmets, yellow facemasks, a return to rounded bolts on the shoulders, and an updated number font. Powder blue home and white away. White pants and powder blue socks with white cleats.

Beyond that, I’m less certain. To me, a navy blue alternate wouldn’t make sense, as they seem to be emphasizing powder and ditching the navy altogether. I hope we don’t see a grey alt, as their normal colors are much more vibrant in the California sun. Although we did get a grey alt with the Lions, so we’ll see. The royal blue CR is actually a good look, but may be too similar to the new (old) Rams blue.

If we didn’t get orange pants with the Browns, I doubt we get yellow pants with the Chargers, but I hope we do. Powder blue pants on the road are more likely than yellow. I have no insider knowledge, this is just speculation based on what we have seen in the recent past from the Michael Irwin team. Excited for what should be a good reveal in the morning.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, j'villejags said:

The Chargers have done a great job of hyping this reveal. I am excited to see what they've come up with. 

Sounds like the uniforms will be dropped bright and early tomorrow. 

Just replace the word "Christmas" in this cartoon with "LA Chargers Uniform Unveiling"

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, colortv said:

They did some adjustments with the Colts horseshoe, but the Indy brass decided to stick with the current logo instead. I think he deleted the post, I wish I would’ve screenshotted it.

6 hours ago, Jeffery said:

They did some adjustments with the Colts horseshoe, but the Indy brass decided to stick with the current logo instead. I think he deleted the post, I wish I would’ve screenshotted it.

Saw that and made mention of that on here as well.  Now we know for future reference to take screenshots of what he posts if it is NFL related.  FWIW I messaged him and asked if he knew of anything in the works for the following year, and he said he knew one team was making a minor tweak (wouldn't specify who) but that was it for now. 

13 hours ago, BVZ said:

The creative team working with the Chargers also designed the new looks for the Browns, Colts, and previously the Lions. All of those teams saw modern tweaks to traditional looks, and they turned  out great.

Lions is debatable.  They lose major points for the silly wordmark on the sleeve.

12 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Taco Bell is never a bad idea.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived