Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

I hope they go Rose Bowl, but if they play in the Coliseum it would still immediately become my favorite NFL stadium

I don't think there is any chance whatsoever they play in the Rose Bowl. The Coliseum is actually looking really nice these days, ever since USC took over increased maintenance of the facility.

Also, with the Rams back in LA, anyone think <insert name of Inglewood stadium here> will be hosting Super Bowl <#> in the near future?

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems modern retro is the new thing in sports design. The Rams would be pretty foolish not to incorporate their old LA uniform elements, whether that be the colors, the template (i.e. the TV numbers inside the "horns") or even bring back some old logo or wordmark.

Rams will likely remain in navy blue and metallic gold next season. It's been mentioned on the board often that NFL teams have to request a uniform change about 18 months beforehand (could be wrong about the length of time). Seeing how the exact time of relocation was uncertain for about the last 3 years or so, they likely did not make the request.

Quillz, Inglewood Stadium will definitely host a Super Bowl. Although I'd personally like to see it at the Rose Bowl one more time.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I hope they go Rose Bowl, but if they play in the Coliseum it would still immediately become my favorite NFL stadium

I don't think there is any chance whatsoever they play in the Rose Bowl. The Coliseum is actually looking really nice these days, ever since USC took over increased maintenance of the facility.

Also, with the Rams back in LA, anyone think <insert name of Inglewood stadium here> will be hosting Super Bowl <#> in the near future?

Absolutely. The Inglewood facility is already on the table for Super Bowl 54 in 2020.

Rams will likely remain in navy blue and metallic gold next season. It's been mentioned on the board often that NFL teams have to request a uniform change about 18 months beforehand (could be wrong about the length of time). Seeing how the exact time of relocation was uncertain for about the last 3 years or so, they likely did not make the request.

Quillz, Inglewood Stadium will definitely host a Super Bowl. Although I'd personally like to see it at the Rose Bowl one more time.

Perhaps a request was made, or the NFL will allow for a relocation exception?

Also, plenty of people in the past have recolored the current Rams logo, wordmarks and identity to blue and yellow and it's looked pretty good. In fact, it's not all that far off from what they wore last time they were in LA, anyway.

I would think relocation is an exception to the rule.

If it isn't then the NFL would surely make an exception in this case. I'm sure they want to cash in on sales in LA.

Absolutely. In fact, last time I was in Lids, I noticed tons of "retro" LA Rams fitteds on display. Apparently they've been selling quite well based on the rumors about the relocation.

a lot of people have brought up the "fearsome foursome" blue and white unis as a possibility (or a wish) for the Rams. i know Infrared is a big fan of those and so am i honestly, id even say theyre one of my top 5 or 6 favorite NFL unis ever. but let me explain why it doesn't work so well

they would be sharing a color palette (the blue is close enough) with the Colts. every NFL team is a national brand and therefore all 32 teams are competing for fans in every state ( and beyond) and require their own unique identity. the Rams / Colts unis are different enough, but identity only begins on the field. you have to think about merch/apparel as well. it would do the Rams a lot of good to introduce a 3rd color to a blue/white identity, whether thats yellow, gold, bronze or whatever. when you see 32 hats on a rack and yours stands out due to color, thats the start of a winning identity

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams stay mostly "as is" while playing in the Coliseum and then roll out a new uniform and logo for the move to Inglewood. The full identity of the team includes the new stadium, not renting from USC at the Coliseum.

A plan that maximizes profits would feature 2 phases:

1) Big sales for the move in 2016. Doesn't depend on having something new or sexy. People will want whatever gear is associated with the new team.

2) Roll out your full identity for the move to the new stadium in 2019. Convince everyone who bought LA Rams gear in 2016 that they need the new and improved gear for Inglewood.

a lot of people have brought up the "fearsome foursome" blue and white unis as a possibility (or a wish) for the Rams. i know Infrared is a big fan of those and so am i honestly, id even say theyre one of my top 5 or 6 favorite NFL unis ever. but let me explain why it doesn't work so well

they would be sharing a color palette (the blue is close enough) with the Colts. every NFL team is a national brand and therefore all 32 teams are competing for fans in every state ( and beyond) and require their own unique identity. the Rams / Colts unis are different enough, but identity only begins on the field. you have to think about merch/apparel as well. it would do the Rams a lot of good to introduce a 3rd color to a blue/white identity, whether thats yellow, gold, bronze or whatever. when you see 32 hats on a rack and yours stands out due to color, thats the start of a winning identity

I'd like to see blue/yellow as primary with blue/white as a throwback alternate.

Keep their current navy but use their Color Rush yellow. If they want to be schizo like the the Cowdung and the Giants, they could do navy and white away unis with white horns. Use the Yellow as their primary.

As I said in another thread:

I'd love for the Rams to go to the White and Light blue (Cold Rams). Late 60's to early 70's.

http://www.gridiron-.../GUD/rams.shtml

Love their white & blues, they should use them at least twice a year as alts.

Realistically, other than the wordmark, I could see the Rams taking their time if any re-branding is done at all.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Archived