Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Navy Color Rush is actually pretty sick.  Still not a fan of the font or helmet numbers.  Or Yellow pants.  I appreciate that the uniform is very clean and simple...not even a wordmark or team name above the number.

Definite upgrade.

I really like these, helmet number and all. I don't really need two different colour rush (and subsequently three different helmets) though.

I do think we might end up with a situation where a player is wearing the wrong helmet logos, like when a baseball player is wearing the wrong hat or jersey, because the royal colour rush helmet and the primary helmet look pretty similar

IEI5Tg1.png

It just gets an eh from me. I don’t like the yellow pants. Bad font. 3! Different blue jerseys! Also don’t like helmet numbers. This just looks college-y to me, same issue I had with the falcons

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Given how well they handled the branding side of the redesign, I'm not surprised they nailed the uniform design, generally speaking.

Which makes me worry about how badly the Rams'll :censored: things up in reply, considering how the Chargers' uniforms followed their redesign ethos of simplification and tradition. Does that mean we'll get gradients and the new horn for the Rams? God, I hope not, but it's definitely possible.

I really dont know how I feel about this.  It seems like there are a bunch of really good elements, but not a good uniform set.  The light blue jersey is great, the yellow pants are great.  The royal blue looks like the Rams, the navy blue is just annoying.  I don't know how I feel about the bolt AND numbers on the helmet.  I think I like it because it's old school, but the font they chose is super new school.  I would have liked to see some more balance, maybe with light blue pants?

Also, why do these teams refuse to use a light blue helmet?  Is there something in the rules?

I really like this.  Great to see the addition of the yellow pants.  Glad we don't see a powder blue pant option; we didn't need 4 mono-chrome options.  The numbers on the helmet can feel a little superfluous, but they have history with that, so I'll allow it.  I wished they had saved them for a "throwback" type, but it's fine.  Font seems solid.  Love that the bolts work like the UCLA-stripe they had in the past.  

The mono-navy/royals are whatever.  Both are entirely unnecessary on their own, have the two?  Just muddies the entire scope of the look.  

But judging on the Powder and the Whites, the Chargers simplified, brought back the wonderful gold pants, have solid sock options (outside of the alt/color rush, no leotard looks!), fixed the bolt, and while the numbers are kind of muddling the helmet, have some history rooted in them.  Really nice refresh.  

2 minutes ago, DDR said:

Two Color Rush sets?

One is an alternate, one is a color rush even though Color Rush as a program was discontinued? That's the only thing rubbing me the wrong way. You don't need 2 different blue alternates totaling 3 different blue jerseys. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

My only real complaints are (broken record time) the solid socks that match the pants on the monochrome alternates and the helmet numbers. Otherwise this looks really great. I would like to see actual uniforms on actual players, but it looks like the Chargers nailed it.

I love these so much. There are just a couple changes I would make:

• Powder blue face mask
  • Same color jersey bolt as the numbers (especially on the home jersey)
  • Powder blue pants as an option

I wasn't expecting a navy color rush (and I think they don't need one) but I absolutely love it. It'll be nice for a one off uniform. Overall the best uniform change this offseason and maybe in a long time.

I could go for powder blue pants with the white jersey.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived