Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

It's just too busy having both a helmet number AND a logo.  Even if the logo is an arched bolt.  If you're going to do a helmet number, it needs to stand alone.  I think these are going to look funky in real life.

Anxious to see the rest of the numbers in the font set.

They could've scrapped the unnecessary Royal completely and just added in a Powder pant in lieu of the Yellow pant and had:

Powder over White

Powder over Powder

White over White

White over Powder

Navy CR

Oh well. Still an upgrade.  

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm disappointed we weren't given actual jerseys to look at instead of the photoshopped mock ups. Otherwise, these are gorgeous. I

think the navy alternate would look even better if the bolts on the jerseys and pants were filled in with white like the numbers.

Never been a huge fan of the royal alternates. The set would've looked much better without them.

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

spacer.png

I would have liked them to go back to a royal or powder blue helmet but that would've looked horrible with monotone navy blue uniforms. 

3 minutes ago, CLEstones said:

I really dont know how I feel about this.  It seems like there are a bunch of really good elements, but not a good uniform set.  The light blue jersey is great, the yellow pants are great.  The royal blue looks like the Rams, the navy blue is just annoying.  I don't know how I feel about the bolt AND numbers on the helmet.  I think I like it because it's old school, but the font they chose is super new school.  I would have liked to see some more balance, maybe with light blue pants?

Also, why do these teams refuse to use a light blue helmet?  Is there something in the rules?

It feels like after making two good uniform sets they remembered they had to make another two uniforms. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Color rush was suppose to be out the door wasn’t it. I thought the league ended that and teams need to follow suit. To me a third alt. Jersey is fine but these all one color lien suits have got to go. The Chargers created a nice set and it won’t be worn at least 3 times in favor of stupid color rush sets really?

7 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

They had to pay Rap and Schefter to help unveil these right? I mean they have been hyping them up like crazy. No other team is getting this treatment.

Overall it's another upgrade. It's weird that they simplified the whole uniform, but made the helmet more cluttered. 

Can't help but wish the navy color rush had a navy helmet. Hopefully we'll see that next season. The white just looks out of place.

Just now, Jojopeligreeno said:

Color rush was suppose to be out the door wasn’t it. I thought the league ended that and teams need to follow suit. To me a third alt. Jersey is fine but these all one color lien suits have got to go. The Chargers created a nice set and it won’t be worn at least 3 times in favor of stupid color rush sets really?

The program ended where they had to wear them on thursdays, but teams are allowed to keep them if they choose.

Perfection. These even look more classic than the original uniforms in the 60s because they are just so clean. Love how they didn't squeeze TV numbers on there. The pants are perfect. MAYBE you make the bolts powder blue with yellow trim on the white jersey and pants, but overall these are so easy on the eyes and don't have any loose ends. 

I really don't think the yellow pants are needed; the home and road looks just fine with white pants.

Amazed (but not surprised, based on the logo slicks) they had the cajones to go with royal and yellow in LA as a tenant in the Rams' stadium.

The all navy is cool but also has a Kent State vibe. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 minutes ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

The "mandated" color rush ended in, I believe, 2018.  But teams can still opt-in to a color rush uniform if they so want.  While they're both called "color rush" one can eat up the "alternate uniform" slot and the other the "color rush".  

Both sets are unnecessary, the royal and the navy.  But it seems like all of the color rushes are now a days, so I'm not really overly upset with them in that vein.  Sucks, because the base set is really great, imo.  

Unpopular opinion but these aren't that great. The yellow pants aren't the best, the number font is a downgrade and the helmet numbers are a lateral change, I don't love em but I don't hate em either. I also prefer navy to powder, but I get the separation from the rams is i guess needed and the popularity of powder is high. 

The Navy alt is nice, possible the best look from the set, if you mix some white socks into that set. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

11 minutes ago, Sport said:

Hey, "This Board Hates Everything!" Guy, these are good. 

Numbers on the helmets means you don't need TV numbers on the jersey and I'm fine with that. 

They finally stopped trying to contain the lightning bolt inside of a stripe - GREAT!

Powder blue is the primary again - GREAT!

4 different color pants, 3 different blue jerseys - unnecessary!

Bump. 

Really really like the Navy. These are clean. Very well done. Not sure about the numbers on the helmet, we'll see. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

(I still stand by the helmet numbers knocking these down a full letter grade...)

I should not like the number font...I hate that the Steelers insistence on using italics.  But this italics is subtle and with the thicker font, it doesn't jump out like Pittsburgh's.  I prefer this font to a blatant "custom font" like the old one.  Yeah, I'd probably like these numbers better if not italicized, but I can deal with them.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived