Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m usually a stickler for the bolt being against the same consistent color background, but you know what? Somehow the way they’ve done it is really working for me. Maybe because they’ve treated the bolt AS the stripe rather than contained within one? I don’t know, but they found a way to make it really work. I’m really happy with that.

The home and road combos are excellent. They’ve really done a fantastic job of modernizing a classic, and somehow managed to even clean it up just a smidge. I also love the lack of a jersey wordmark, and the helmet numbers really work fine for me honestly (lots of historical precedence for them, they’re not just “tacked on”). The new bolt looks great on a helmet, too.

My only gripes are the color rushes, while the designs aren’t horrible, they look extremely out of place when compared with the powder blue stuff (and the powder blue hype). This kind of “wheel of alternates” does more to confuse a brand than diversify it, and I don’t like the idea of them making a big deal of simplifying things back down to powder blue and yellow, only to come back and re-introduce two other blues they’d presumably dropped. That’s the one unfortunate mistake they’ve made here, and it’s really going to look like a mistake when one of those sets are worn for a prime time game and not the powder blue they’ve supposedly championed again. 

Again though, everything else is fantastic. I’d say this is a really deep triple; shed the color rushes and it’s a grand slam.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I think they're an upgrade, but only slightly. I've never liked helmet numbers and the yellow pants stick out too much. The jerseys feel a little... plain? I don't know, it's like they're missing something. The alternate/color rush is a big whatever.

Just now, larrypep said:

Why do they get two alternate jerseys?  Did they change the rule? 

One takes the place of the alternate, one takes the place of the color rush.

Excellent!

1 minute ago, Krz said:

Why are people hating on the helmet numbers? Most people seemed to want them before the unveiling. 

That’s how you know it’s a fantastic set. This site is very detail oriented, filled with people who love sports uniforms. The helmet numbers have precedence. I’m a big fan of them personally. But it really just comes down to personal preference.

3 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I’m not let down. 

I got the gold pants I wanted. The white helmet with helmet numbers and gold facemask. 

1960 Chargers fauxback bolt design. 

I’m pretty happy. 

I miss the bolt inserts on the jerseys but I’m warming up to it since it rolls with the 90’s look and changing the outlines was the original 60’s design. 

1 minute ago, monkeypower said:

One thing I noticed is that there is no double outlined bolt on the set.

I also thought this was interesting, although we still haven’t seen the jersey in person yet.

These are fantastic (well the 4 primaries). Love the fact the jerseys are simple with just the shoulder bolts and the gold pants are {chef's kiss}

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

7 minutes ago, Krz said:

Why are people hating on the helmet numbers? Most people seemed to want them before the unveiling. 

People just want to complain, even if it means flip flopping on a previous stance. Look at the Patriots thread.

I love the helmet numbers, San Diego moved up to a top 10 look in the league for me, maybe top 5, I'll have to see how they look in action.

The two white-pants sets are outstanding, the yellow-pants sets I'd want to stay away from because of the Rams, and the Color Rush sets suck. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived