Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, larrypep said:

Why do they get two alternate jerseys?  Did they change the rule? 

Current rule is you can have two alternate jerseys, and one must be color rush or throwback. The Dolphins have two throwbacks, as one is "the alternate".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I genuinely loathe Color Rush on principle and I dislike teams with too many combos. 

But at least this application appears to have some sense of purpose. Maybe they're doing too much by embracing every era of its history in one set (powder blues, yellow pants, helmet numbers, the royal from the '80s and navy from the '90s), but I at least appreciate that the color rush sets call back to historic looks rather than resorting to all yellow or all powder. 

2 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The last one, not sure if Arizona State 

I say it's more Kent State than Arizona State.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Absolutely beautiful. Simple, classy, bright. Clean custom* number font. Contrasting socks. No inconsistencies in striping, outlines, etc.

The alternates aren't great with the monochrome neck to toe, but the colors are nice and I like that the design is consistent with the primary home and road looks.

My only complaint is that I'd rather see powder pants than yellow, but that's minor. I give them a 9/10. Easily a top-10 look now.

* I say custom, but it looks to me like they just took the Vikings number font (the non-serif one) and made it italic. No issues with that, it's a nice font.

Man I dig these. The navy color rush are fire. These are really cool and I can't wait to see them on the field. Powder with yellow pants is my favorite combo. They out-Brownsed the Browns and out-Bucsed the Bucs as far as introducing a modern classic.

50 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

No gray jerseys!

Twitter is 99% troll behavior these days.

Too bad, that Dark Purple, Periwinkle, and Dark Grey color scheme would've been reeeeeeeeeeal unique.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

7 minutes ago, LogoFan said:

Looooong-time fan of the Chargers and I've always hated the numbers on the helmets. 

I'm with you. But nobody gives a $&^% about my opinion. At least if the one-helmet rule gets lifted then there can be possibilities.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

41 minutes ago, Sport said:

Hey, "This Board Hates Everything!"

guy

EXCEPT I DID’T SAY THAT! I said that the board generally prefers traditional looks and will frown upon modern designs and people who like them. I apologized for making generalizations. Will you let me live it down?

Anyway, I like them. They were smart to treat the bolts as a stripe, using it on its own on the sleeves (avoiding the UCLA stripe problem) and pants.

The shades are fantastic, as is the absence of powder blue pants. Powder pants would have been awful compared to white and yellow. The font is a big improvement over Agency and italics kind of suit the team. The helmet numbers I can take or leave.

The alternates are fine and I’m glad we won’t be seeing their elements on the powder and white sets.

It’s very much a return to form for the Chargers, which kind of backs up my point from yesterday about the board generally preferring modernizations to fully modern designs. Then again, it’s a straight-up fantastic design, so it wins on merits alone.

Archived