Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

Just now, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I dissent in part due to inaccuracies on the viral outbreak. 

Plague is a bacteria, yersinia pestis, not a virus like COVID-19.

Said virus has not been confirmed to come from eating bats per se but most likely holding ordinary livestock in proximity to bats. 

Overruled due to Rule of Funny. 😛

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Said virus has not been confirmed to come from eating bats per se but most likely holding ordinary livestock in proximity to bats. 

Fair enough. Unfortunately, you don't get a vote. Your dissent is noted and ignored. B)

The Majestic XII have spoken. 

BB52Big.jpg

1 minute ago, Ridleylash said:
2 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Overruled due to Rule of Funny. 😛

That too. 

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, Rixaroo said:

If I ever become too inundated with positivity in my life, I can always rely on this forum to rectify it with all the complaining. I really appreciate that in this site. 

@SFGiants58

see? 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 minute ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Such a small change, but that actually makes it a lot better.

Disagree. I don't hate the white stripe, but I like the bolt better flying free across the uniform. It looks more spiky and dynamic. The bolt is effectively a stripe, so it doesn't need to be stuck inside another stripe.

I always liked it that way on the Alworth-era pants, and was hoping they would go back to those, but it always bugged me how that set had a "free" bolt on the pants but a striped bolt on the shoulders.

USATSI_4040033.0.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

34 minutes ago, d11king said:

Does anyone know how to jump to a page instead of having to go one by one by one by one lol

Yes. You click on the page number you want to go to. They are located at the top and the bottom of the thread. 

BB52Big.jpg

9 minutes ago, alecgoff said:

My one small issue is the lack of white around the bolts. Everything else is PERFECT!

spacer.png

This is the first time the Chargers haven't placed their bolts inside of a contrasting color panel and it's my favorite part of the uniform set. It treats the bolt like it's a stripe unto itself. It's inverted on the blue jerseys so I don't read it as inconsistent from when it appears on a white background. 

If I were to make a change I'd outline the bolt on the blue jerseys like this to match the new logo. 

FwRv4G5g_400x400.jpg

It's kind of strange that they didn't do that now that I think of it. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

HOW DO YOU INTRODUCE 4 PAIRS OF PANTS AND NOT ONE OF THEM IS POWDER BLUE?

Solid set overall, but they really throw in a pair of yellow pants (which I pray are never worn against Green Bay or Pittsburgh) over powder blue? We have numerous teams that wear white over navy, but the Titans, Lions, and Chargers refuse to wear white over light blue consistently.

Two Color Rush uniforms is also a bit excessive. The league wisely seemed to be veering away from these a few seasons ago, but now teams suddenly love them and insist on making every alternate uniform the same color from the shoulders down. I don't get it.

The all navy is cool, but the navy decal isn't really necessary.

Other than this, it's still the most striking uniform upgrade without question

10 minutes ago, Rixaroo said:

If I ever become too inundated with positivity in my life, I can always rely on this forum to rectify it with all the complaining. I really appreciate that in this site. 

We aim to please. 

BB52Big.jpg

I really love the new look. The two Color Rush jerseys feel like an overkill, but I get it. They want to honor their past (move back to San Diego if you're going to try to do that) with the two different blues. But, as much of an overkill that the two CR jerseys are, I still really love them. Great look!

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I'm a little surprised by the strong desire here for powder blue pants. The yellow pants are what the team wore in its earliest days and during the peak of the Fouts era in the early '80s. For a uniform set drawing so heavily on the team's past, this is a calculated and logical decision. Powder blue pants is neither of those things. 

10 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Well if we're going to get pedantic;

Like many things, plague has multiple definitions, and is commonly used as a synonym for pestilence and to refer to any epidemic disease that has a high mortality rate. Its also used as a verb or adjective to describe troubling things, ie. "I am plagued with guilt". It can also be used in a context the admiral did, for humorous grossly hyperbolic effect.

Something isn't right. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe there's something with the helmet numbers, I don't know. I'm mildly disappointed but don't quite know why. #4 Redesign this year.

1. Browns

2. Colts

3. Buccaneers

4. Chargers

5. Falcons

6. Patriots

Jury's still out on the Rams

fiowXOD.png

19 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

"Wet markets" is a phrase I hope I never hear again.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived