Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

Wow. Just, wow. These are incredible. I was expecting them to be great, but they just absolutely knocked this out of the park. I can't even bring myself to dislike the color rushes, but the one negative is the royal set. It's just a little to "Rams" for my taste and I hope that they don't use it often. The all-navy is brilliant as an alt and is a good way to keep navy while putting the emphasis on powder. The powder over white and white over white should be the primaries with the occasional yellow pants for both to really pop. I'm slowly finding myself becoming a fan of the Los Angeles Chargers and it's solely because they look so freaking good.

the user formerly known as cdclt

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Sport said:

Grand slam: Chargers, Bucs 

Birdie: Browns

three-pointer: Colts

shootout loss: Falcons

gutterball: Patriots

I dunno. I’d give the Pats a 7/0 frame and the Falcons a tossed the bowling ball into the next lane and crashed into the pin changing gate. 

I'm really surprised the general pass being given to the duplicative royal and navy looks. If you have to have one, I feel like you should have to pick one. Otherwise, the Chargers' colors are all possible shades of blue + gold, which is both Chargers and Rams territory. 

The powder set is an A+ from me, absolutely. Adding just one of the royal and navy make it an A. But both? Pick a lane, friends.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Dislike: player numbers on side of helmet. It just feels too collegiate (Alabama, Georgia Southern) despite much precedent in franchise history. Plus it looks like it could clutter up the side of the helmet from a distance. A contrasting color for the numbers would have been better. Could’ve been clever to do them in navy and have that be the only navy remaining outside of color rush. Also dislike dark bolt on helmet for navy color rush. 

Like: everything else. As someone who enjoyed the ‘90s look, I like their navy alt but wish they would wear white pants with it. That would be way more accurate. But whatever. The vast majority of things about this uniform set are positive. Very positive. 

4 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I'm really surprised the general pass being given to the duplicative royal and navy looks. If you have to have one, I feel like you should have to pick one. Otherwise, the Chargers' colors are all possible shades of blue + gold, which is both Chargers and Rams territory. 

The powder set is an A+ from me, absolutely. Adding just one of the royal and navy make it an A. But both? Pick a lane, friends.

I sort of feel that way, but I also think both royal and navy look really good. If they were to pick one, I’d think navy would be a good way to pay tribute to the only Super Bowl team they’ve ever had (and one that, sadly, has had an eye-popping number of premature deaths). 

9 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I've just kind of accepted that teams are going to have pointless and stupid looking alternates. That's just how sports uniforms are now. I'm barely even counting alternates when I'm grading these. The Browns, Bucs, and Falcons all introduced alternates that are objectively bad so put up against those, the Chargers alternates, unnecessary as 3 different blue jerseys is, are actually pretty good. The Browns and Bucs home and road looks are good enough that I shrug off the dumb alternate. The Falcons? Not a fan of anything they did over there. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Right, because the uniform the Rams just released is so crappy...

Wait...

I mean, it's early to judge, but the Chargers released a universally-liked rebrand and the uniforms are a slam dunk.

The Rams released a rebrand that was widely mocked and derided. Methinks the uniforms likely won't fare much better, unless they pull the biggest swerve since Vince Russo's run in WCW.

8 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

...or the McMartin Preschool Trial. Man, the Satanic Panic was stupid.

The Judas Priest Subliminal Message Suicide Trial was pretty great too.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Man that navy is so much better than the all navy they wore two years ago.

Man you guys are harsh on the Patriots lol, wish we had another pair of pants but I still like em. Wish we hired the guy that did the Chargers and Browns. Hell he should have done all of them!

3 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I mean, it's early to judge, but the Chargers released a universally-liked rebrand and the uniforms are a slam dunk.

The Rams released a rebrand that was widely mocked and derided. Methinks the uniforms likely won't fare much better, unless they pull the biggest swerve since Vince Russo's run in WCW.

Sure, that may very well prove to be the case.  However, I'm just getting tired of this weird pile on by people who keep talking about the terrible Rams uniforms, like they've seen them.

Because, you know... they haven't.

The color rush: meh, but I love the rest.  And is that Boise State's number font? Kinda looks like it.

I like everything italicized.  I just wish the wordmark font was used.

I would have liked mono powder blue, but I like the yellow pants.

I sure don't want to see a lot of that navy uniform.  One game I can live with.

New uniforms, new stadium, new branding...as a Raiders fan I hate to admit it, but I'm a fan now.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

2 hours ago, Krz said:

Why are people hating on the helmet numbers? Most people seemed to want them before the unveiling. 

I like them

They fill out the helmet. That curved bolt going over the top. It was originally there in that location because the jersey number was in the middle of the helmet sides and the bolt sort of frames the number. That was the original, intended look for the Chargers

Archived