OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

1 hour ago, Maroon&Gold said:

God will strike you dead before you finish the sentence. Its literally impossible to say, I had a friend try it and he was sent straight to hell. RIP Billy

Damn. I wish I'd known that before I went and opened my mouth. B) I probably didn't like most of the people who tried it and ended up in hell anyway so whatever. 

These are fantastic. They've surpassed the Vikings for the top spot on my favorite Nike redesign list. They're "Modern Retro" done right. I even like the two alternates from the waist up. But of course they'd be much better with yellow pants (royal) and white or yellow pants (navy).

If I had to nitpick (besides the mono crap) I'd take the numbers off the helmet (not necessary, IMO, but not a deal breaker either) and I probably would have kept the backgrounds on the shoulder bolts. But these are still an A+, 9.8/10 uniform only losing that .2 because of the two mono sets. One mono is bad enough, two is overkill.

EDIT: I'll also note that I usually don't like when the helmet, jersey and pants are three different colors. It usually only works when either the jersey or pants are white (for example the Titans white helmet, navy jerseys, light blue pants and vice versa looked like crap), but for some reason the yellow pants work. Maybe it's cause they're a light/bright color instead of dark. I still prefer the look with the white pants, but the yellow aren't terrible.

3 minutes ago, canzman said:

So everything starts to blur after a while seeing all these changes and such and it has been since February when I last saw the files, but if memory serves here are a few details on the Rams.

1. There is a gradient but I honestly can't remember if it was the jersey similar to Atlanta or if it was just the numbers.  Sorry again it has been a while.

2. The light or away uniform is not white, and no it isn't yellow either. 

1, Hmmmm

2, Royal Blue???

Just now, heavybass said:

1, Hmmmm

2, Royal Blue???

Royal blue is not a light color... too dark.

4 minutes ago, canzman said:

So everything starts to blur after a while seeing all these changes and such and it has been since February when I last saw the files, but if memory serves here are a few details on the Rams.

1. There is a gradient but I honestly can't remember if it was the jersey similar to Atlanta or if it was just the numbers.  Sorry again it has been a while.

Oh no its worse than I thought

5 minutes ago, canzman said:

Uh oh...

Just now, canzman said:

Royal blue is not a light color... too dark.

A light blue?.... oh dear I suddenly fear a non-white road.

5 minutes ago, canzman said:

On number 2....is it off-white/cream?

It's gonna be that "bone" colour they have in the shadow of their logo isn't it...

7 minutes ago, canzman said:

Are... the Rams the ones who are supposed to have this so-called gray away uniform and not the Chargers?

Please no...

10 minutes ago, canzman said:

😬 Not sounding too promising. Did you see if the horn on the helmet was segmented like in the logo?

1 minute ago, Gobbi said:

It's gonna be that "bone" colour they have in the shadow of their logo isn't it...

Oh, probably.

Oh god we all assumed Chargers was going to have grey in their reveal... what if they revealed what the Rams were going to pick.

4 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

😬 Not sounding too promising. Did you see if the horn on the helmet was segmented like in the logo?

The files I saw for all the teams back in February did not show any helmets.

15 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Both. They are not to be mixed and matched together, and will not be mixed and matched together. They never mixed and matched the pieces from the navy, powder, and royal sets with their outgoing set, and they won’t be doing that with the new set either. @canzman showed all of the individual combos from the style guide earlier today, and the Chargers have shown all of the possible combos together in these graphics:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Big fan of this. The addition of powder blue pants and/or yellow or stripped socks is about the only thing I could think to add

So Rams in Bone Grey eh? Anyone want to do a design up to see what that might look like... so we can lessen the potential disgust.

**Sorry for double posting**

As I stated way back when I first dropped all the teams that would have changes I was not a fan of what the Falcons or the Rams did.

11 minutes ago, LAWeaver said:

Are... the Rams the ones who are supposed to have this so-called gray away uniform and not the Chargers?

Please no...

Nope, the rumor about a gray away uniform for the Chargers came from @boltsWRLD on Twitter, who has since made up a bull :censored: excuse for why he was wrong:

His rumor about the gray has nothing to do with this new info from @canzman.

Wait aen't the primary light jerseys required to white by the NFL or was it just that every team has to have a white one? I'm not doubting his sources I'm just confused about the rules right not now.