Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

Screen-Shot-2020-04-21-at-6-48-01-PM.png 

So this is likely the color of the away.

EDIT:

34 minutes ago, canzman said:

1. There is a gradient but I honestly can't remember if it was the jersey similar to Atlanta or if it was just the numbers.  Sorry again it has been a while.

So while we don't know how far it will go, we at least know that the numbers have a gradient. 

...this is going to be bad, everyone. Really bad.

ExJworW.png

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, mcrosby said:

If/when the NFL changes their one-helmet rule I hope the color rushes get matching helmets. I generally dislike the unitard look, but that navy set is begging for a navy helmet. 

If the NFL changes the one helmet rule they can just ditch the royal ones altogether for an accurate Fouts-era throwback. I definitely like those the least of the four. I usually hate monochromatic uniforms, but I for some reason like the navy one, would I like a lot better with white pants, or at worst, yellow socks? Definitely, but it's ok as an alt. And as someone else said give the fire emoji crowd something. If it was the primary look I'd be pissed, maybe that's why I don't hate it, since the primaries are so sexy.

8 hours ago, larrypep said:

Prediction: the all navy uniform will be treated as the alternate and will get used a lot. 

I like they brought back the numbers on the helmet but the font looks really out of place. I guess I need to see it in real time. 

Yea I'd bet that is wore twice and the royal fauxback once.

My thoughts on the Chargers new uniforms

• Overall it's good
  • Was never a fan of the white helmets with yellow pants look of their old uniforms. Not a fan of that look returning.
  • Would have preferred light blue pants in place of yellow pants.
  • The royal blue alternates are my personal favorite from their new set.
  • The navy blue alternates are okay, but something bugs me about a navy blue lightning blue.
  • I don't hate that they brought back number decals from the helmets, just don't think it was necessary.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

27 minutes ago, masterchaoss said:

Wait aen't the primary light jerseys required to white by the NFL or was it just that every team has to have a white one? I'm not doubting his sources I'm just confused about the rules right not now. 

The NFL rulebook states that the home team gets to decide which jersey it will wear, and because most home teams choose to wear darker uniforms with their primary team colors on it at home, it is standard for the away teams to wear white or gray on the road so that the two teams can be easily distinguished by the players, referees, and fans. Thus, teams must have "away" colors, which are generally white or gray with the primary team colors only being used to mark the numbers on the front and back of the jersey.

The Chargers are now the NFL's version of the Oregon Ducks...How many uniforms does a team need? Obviously more than two...

1 Home uniform

1 Away uniform

1 Color Rush uniform

1 Thanksgiving throwback

1 to wear on the third Sunday in October after the first blue/blood moon at 1pm when the first game starts; why? Because some clothing manufacturer isnt satisified, greedy, needs to flood the market to promote sales, so that one person has to buy the latest jersey just so he/she can show it off to his friends! Yeah that about sums it up!

17 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Screen-Shot-2020-04-21-at-6-48-01-PM.png 

So this is likely the color of the away.

EDIT:

So while we don't know how far it will go, we at least know that the numbers have a gradient. 

...this is going to be bad, everyone. Really bad.

I didn't say the numbers were definately gradient. I said I couldn't remember if it was the numbers or the Jersey but that there was a gradient.

Just now, canzman said:

I didn't say the numbers were definately gradient. I said I couldn't remember if it was the numbers or the Jersey but that there was a gradient.

Ah, alright. Still doesn't bode well for what's coming.

ExJworW.png

The amount of options the Chargers now have really isn’t all that bad. All it boils down to is two jerseys, two pants, and two full non-interchangeable sets. Are the two alternate sets necessary? Probably not, and even if those didn’t exist it’s still a great set. At the same time though, it shows the Chargers have the ability to look endlessly phenomenal with each direction they take and have taken.

The Chargers rarely ever find themselves in the bad branding decisions category. At least, that’s my opinion on the new uniforms.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Both. They are not to be mixed and matched together, and will not be mixed and matched together. They never mixed and matched the pieces from the navy, powder, and royal sets with their outgoing set, and they won’t be doing that with the new set either. @canzman showed all of the individual combos from the style guide earlier today, and the Chargers have shown all of the possible combos together in these graphics:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I know the royal and navy will each be used only Color Rush-style, but I still think the navy would be best with white pants. 

11 minutes ago, canzman said:

The NFL rulebook states that the home team gets to decide which jersey it will wear, and because most home teams choose to wear darker uniforms with their primary team colors on it at home, it is standard for the away teams to wear white or gray on the road so that the two teams can be easily distinguished by the players, referees, and fans. Thus, teams must have "away" colors, which are generally white or gray with the primary team colors only being used to mark the numbers on the front and back of the jersey.

Yeah, unless someone finds better info, it appears that you don't really need a white jersey if the NFL rules your "light"/opposite jersey has sufficient contrast with the rest of the league's color uniforms.

That said, has any modern team ever had a non-white primary away uniform?

1 minute ago, -Akronite- said:

Yeah, unless someone finds better info, it appears that you don't really need a white jersey if the NFL rules your "light"/opposite jersey has sufficient contrast with the rest of the league's color uniforms.

That said, has any modern team ever had a non-white primary away uniform?

I doubt it. Maybe in other leagues but not in the NFL. Closest we’ve come that I can recall is Seattle’s grey alts. 

1 hour ago, canzman said:

So everything starts to blur after a while seeing all these changes and such and it has been since February when I last saw the files, but if memory serves here are a few details on the Rams.

1. There is a gradient but I honestly can't remember if it was the jersey similar to Atlanta or if it was just the numbers.  Sorry again it has been a while.

2. The light or away uniform is not white, and no it isn't yellow either. 

Well let's start the countdown to 2025 when the Rams go back to the throwback set just with a minor "modern" tweak like custom number font or something.

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The Colts better not unveil an all-black set, ever. They never need to be anything other than blue and white. And they aren’t a college team. 

3 hours ago, Est1980 said:

Ugh. Say it ain't so :(

I hope not. I just don't get why it was added to the color scheme otherwise.
Why do that for just a swoosh on the white jersey?

It's not like they needed make it official to use it in graphics/social media. Especially it being black.
A bunch of teams use alternate colors for that, Eagles come to mind with the neon kelly green they use.

Just me speculating, it's the least obvious ones of all those I mentioned.

23 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I hope not. I just don't get why it was added to the color scheme otherwise.
Why do that for just a swoosh on the white jersey?

It's not like they needed make it official to use it in graphics/social media. Especially it being black.
A bunch of teams use alternate colors for that, Eagles come to mind with the neon kelly green they use.

Just me speculating, it's the least obvious ones of all those I mentioned.

They'd probably look at Duke University and convince themselves that .... "Hey! The kids love it!"

Archived