Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, colortv said:

There's no way the Rams primary away uniform is going to be anything but gold, blue, or white.

It would literally make zero sense for it to be anything else.

It also made zero sense for a brand as iconic as the Rams to hamfistedly shove gradients into their entire identity package, but hey-diddly-diddle that's what they did.

Just now, Ridleylash said:

It also made zero sense for a brand as iconic as the Rams to shove gradients into their entire identity package, but hey-diddly-diddle that's what they did.

It's more than a stretch to draw parallels between those two concepts, and you know it.

2 minutes ago, colortv said:

It's more than a stretch to draw parallels between those two concepts, and you know it.

Sources tell me sunset orange will be the new primary and the gradient will be on the horns and the pants.

3 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I also wanna mention how much I love the way the Chargers handled the rollout of these uniforms. From the surprise drop of the logo (the day after the Rams, no less), to the confidence and swagger to say “we know we have the best uniforms, but we’re gonna make them even better,” to then (in my opinion) actually delivering on it! And the guts in their reveal video to essentially say “who cares?” about NikeSpeak explanations of design choices is refreshing (and I say that as a person who generally enjoys NikeSpeak - so long as it results in a good design). The emoticons for social media are also a super cool way to handle a modern branding, which is a nice counter to the Rams tradition and roots in LA. I’ve got to be honest, if I was a Los Angeles sports fan with no prior allegiances, I might be leaning towards choosing the Chargers right about now. 

Palpatine_Foreseen.jpg

4 minutes ago, colortv said:

It’s more of the comparison that both the potential off-white uniform and potential gradients are slightly odd choices to implement into a branding like the Rams 

On 4/18/2020 at 10:19 PM, colortv said:

“The one thing we heard consistently from our fans over and over in the process was they had a real preference for blue and yellow and the horns,” Rams COO Kevin Demoff told The Los Angeles Times. “The people said the Los Angeles Rams were about blue and yellow and the horns. We really took that to heart and that was the design premise that we started with. There is also a different subset of fans that liked blue and white, so we have also included white as our third color because it does play a part in our history.”

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/sports/los-angeles-rams-unveil-new-logo-rebrand

“We always looked at blue and yellow and white; we looked at a wide range of things around that as accent colors,” Kevin Demoff, the Rams chief operating officer, said, via Lindsey Thiry of ESPN. “But at the end of the day, that was one place we knew our fans weren’t going to compromise.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/23/rams-new-logo-colors/

Any LA Charger fans know if they've adjusted the Super Chargers fight song, or if they're even gonna use it? I always thought it was cool. 

🎶SAAAAN-DIIIII-EY-GO, CHAAAARGERS!🎶 works so well! I'm not really show how they'd fit LA in it.  

3 hours ago, IceCap said:

I have to think that's a shot at the Rams and their "golden ratio" nonsense. Also a shot at the over-thought design-speak that usually accompanies a rebrand. Big thanks to infrared41 for the image.

You're welcome, but that image actually came from Still MIGHTY. B)

BB52Big.jpg

The Chargers almost got it perfect. They would look a lot better without the italicized numerals. The helmet numbers look like they were applied off-center. 

Archived