Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I've come around on the yellow pants.  I'd probably hate them if there weren't a historical precedent for it going back to their AFL days.  But as it is, it's a look that stays true to their tradition and makes them stand out.

36 minutes ago, Bruhammydude said:

Don't think I have ever seen a italic NOB before:

Men's Nike Derwin James Powder Blue Los Angeles Chargers Vapor Limited Jersey

The Patriots ‘95-99 jerseys had names that were italicized. You might be too young to know those glory days 🙂

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, TornadoGTS said:

From an official/print color standard, its the same yellow as Green Bay and Pittsburgh. So dont see being much different from theirs when it comes to the pants

spacer.png

The yellow pants seem too dark/washed out in the renderings the Chargers released.

5 hours ago, Survival79 said:

Yup. The yellow pants just don't work and they should have kept the white inserts on the Powder Blue jersey.

And there's really no good solution for the Color Rush.

VoeWYid.png

Would there still be room for tv numbers on the sleeves ? 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

10 hours ago, Krudler said:

So RIP TV Numbers?

As has been pointed out numerous times, these uniforms have TV numbers. They are on the helmets. Questions regarding no TV numbers on the Patriots unis are justified, but these Chargers unis don't make it a trend. 

6 minutes ago, DPHF said:

As has been pointed out numerous times, these uniforms have TV numbers. They are on the helmets. Questions regarding no TV numbers on the Patriots unis are justified, but these Chargers unis don't make it a trend. 

So, you're saying this uniform has two sets of TV numbers?

spacer.png

8 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The italicized numbers are my favorite part.  They provide a little flair to an otherwise nice/professional but... static font.  It adds flair without being tacky, and goes with their brand and the whole "dynamic" thing.  It looks especially great in the 'shop of the guy running with the ball.

I think that's why this set is so great (other than the two CRs) - they didn't go to extremes with anything they did.  They did exactly what the Falcons should have, and introduced new things without turning the volume up to 11 on any one aspect of it.

Outside of only one or two quibbles, they did a fantastic jorb with this.

I agree,.italics seem like an appropriate but subtle touch for electrified "Chargers"

56 minutes ago, DPHF said:

I hate the answer some people have been giving for the Patriots excuse "Well their color rush uniforms didn't have it and that's why"

What a crock of you know what of an excuse.

11 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

I hate the answer some people have been giving for the Patriots excuse "Well their color rush uniforms didn't have it and that's why"

What a crock of you know what of an excuse.

I agree with this statement.

8 minutes ago, Maroon&Gold said:

My theory is that Nike has pushed a narrative that TV numbers are old fashioned and not necessary. The Patriots and Chargers (I don't think the helmet numbers will be visible from far away) are just the first victims. I'm not saying they're going to disappear, but I can see a few teams dropping them in the next few decades

I think it's more that the shrinking uniform templates along with the need to have the swoosh on the sleeve have made it very difficult to have more than one of: team logo, TV number, shoulder trim.

You could argue that Nike caused this by making the templates, but it's also the way the players had been modiying the older templates too, so it's hard to put that all on Nike.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived