OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

MAYBE the Rams realized they shouldn't throw away a 70 year old helmet design. 

Consider for a second they have a brain and MAYBE this is the real helmet. 

1 minute ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

One person in the entire organization might have a brain, but one singular brain can’t stop a hive mind.

9 minutes ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

Usually, the entire brand is settled and finalized by the time stuff like this is revealed, as we've seen with the Chicago Fire debacle. And considering the amount of Nikespeak the Rams have used, and the obvious emphasis on the segmented horns and gradients in their new branding? I severely doubt they randomly decided to leave two of their most prominent pieces of their new brand off of the helmet entirely, which is the most prominent piece of branding on the entire uniform, just because it's not precedented.

You don't make that big of a deal out of elements if they're going to be basically invisible on the field aside from teeny tiny decals that most people will never notice during play. If the Rams are putting that kind of emphasis on gradients and the segmented horn? That's likely what's going to be on the helmet; a segmented, gradiented horn.

I could make the argument that the segmented horn ONLY works with the LA logo as part of the A form and thus when it’s seen alone they don’t segment it. Wishful thinking I know but there is a sliver of hope. 

There’s no possible way they can rethink the jersey at this point.

The helmet seems like a grey area, though, probably because it’s a comparatively minor retail stream. There’s recent evidence to support this, too, such as the Bucs unceremoniously dumping the cannonball streaks from their helmets (was that mid season?) and these same Rams announced the change to white horns in spring 2017 (before wearing them in fall 2017), then put up a Twitter poll to decide what color the facemask would be. So, if the Rams were feeling squeamish about the Twitter heat and decided to abandon a new helmet graphic in favor of the old one, I’d guess that it’s at least possible, though unlikely.

I think we are looking too deep into the segmented horn. Really no logo in the teams history has had a horn that matches what was on the helmet or uniform. Even most recently the St. Louis logo had highlight that weren’t present in the uniform. I think it’s completely possible that the uniform doesn’t match the logo in any way.

4 minutes ago, dont care said:

I think we are looking too deep into the segmented horn. Really no logo in the teams history has had a horn that matches what was on the helmet or uniform. Even most recently the St. Louis logo had highlight that weren’t present in the uniform. I think it’s completely possible that the uniform doesn’t match the logo in any way.

In this era of brand unification across mediums, I'm not sure they'll purposely make the most visible part of the brand on the field not match the rest of it.

Isn't the horn just a sticker?  It used to be because they had yellow and white, depending on the uniform. 

22 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

We'll, actually it's not a helmet at all... it's a digital representation of a helmet.

I see ........

spacer.png

If this is what the helmet ends up looking like I'd have zero problems with it, this board is too prone to complaining about anything that's not traditional.

5e7bb80714f18f20d429de8d?width=750&forma

5 minutes ago, colortv said:

this board is too prone to complaining about anything that's not traditional.

It's not that it's untraditional, it's that it's just legitimately a bad look. Gradients should NEVER, and I mean EVER be a main component of a Big 4 team's design in 2020. That :censored: should've stayed in the 90's/early 2000's where it belonged.

15 minutes ago, colortv said:

If this is what the helmet ends up looking like I'd have zero problems with it, this board is too prone to complaining about anything that's not traditional.

Forget non-traditional, that just doesn't look good. It looks like a crescent moon logo with the Ravens helmet stripes on steroids.

21 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

It's not that it's untraditional, it's that it's just legitimately a bad look. Gradients should NEVER, and I mean EVER be a main component of a Big 4 team's design in 2020. That :censored: should've stayed in the 90's/early 2000's where it belonged.

Nah, you can do gradients pretty well. You just have to apply them tastefully.

26543006750_5850cb43cd_o.jpg

You can do anything, you just have to do it well.

16 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Waiting for an example of it being done well.

Just now, Sec19Row53 said:

I'd argue that the Rays did it very well, limiting it to the lettering and the alternate cap logo. It's really just a more technologically-advanced version of stuff like this:

s319946144375161906_p2925_i1_w594.jpeg&f=1&nofb=1BucksRainbowStripe1_zpsf1cc1a6c.jpg

Therefore, I've never seen a problem with the idea of gradients. It's just that for every good design, there were a few awful ones.

5 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

john-stockton-010_large.jpg?v=1489543588

Right. You see that as a good use of gradient. I'm just pointing out that I don't, so I disagree with your assessment of it being done right.

It creates more problems in attempting to reproduce it than are worth producing it.

52 minutes ago, colortv said:

The Los Angeles Crescent Moons

57 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I think someone threatened to kill me and F my corpse last time I criticized those, so I'll just let it go...

13 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I think someone threatened to kill me and F my corpse last time I criticized those, so I'll just let it go...

I would never stoop that low! I just told you to F yourself!

(MODS. THIS IS A JOKE. NOT SERIOUS.)