Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I think someone threatened to kill me and F my corpse last time I criticized those, so I'll just let it go...

Well I spoke up about them on here too so I guess that I should watch my back.

2 hours ago, colortv said:

this board is too prone to complaining about anything that's not traditional.

Oh my G-d this tired chestnut again.

This doesn't just go for you, it goes for everyone.

STOP. IT.

2 hours ago, colortv said:

this board is too prone to complaining about anything that's not traditional.

Plenty of us love untraditional looks, it's just that you can't excuse bad ideas by saying it's "untraditional", because there's a difference between "untraditional" and "ugly". There's quite a few "untraditional" jerseys people on this board are fond of.

spacer.png

Here's a jersey that's "untraditional" but is almost universally beloved here. 

spacer.png

Here's another jersey that's "untraditional" but also highly regarded on this board.

It can be untraditional and be considered just fine. The difference is the Ducks and Coyotes were untraditional with restraint. The Rams seem to have had no restraint, and a lack of restraint doesn't tend to produce designs like the Kachina or Mighty Ducks. It produces abominations like these;

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 minute ago, IceCap said:

Nah, that's the Coyotes fan who said that the team would skate on the frozen blood of the unbelievers.

Nah, there’s one guy I’d put above Coyotes guy.

spacer.png

Sk8rboi - he can be an NFL-level QB, throw 100 mph, and have dalliances with the underage! 🤢

Anyway, the Rams are very much troubling, but I’m sure they’ll do a “return to form” redo when the time is right. Demoff probably won’t be around by that point, either, so it’ll work out to have a real classic look.

15 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Nah, that's the Coyotes fan who said that the team would skate on the frozen blood of the unbelievers.

I don't even remember if it was the crazy guy that posted that, or if it was Admiral making fun at him, but either way, It's in my top 3, maybe even top 2 things I've ever read here.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Nah, there’s one guy I’d put above Coyotes guy.

spacer.png

Sk8rboi - he can be an NFL-level QB, throw 100 mph, and have dalliances with the underage! 🤢

Anyway, the Rams are very much troubling, but I’m sure they’ll do a “return to form” redo when the time is right. Demoff probably won’t be around by that point, either, so it’ll work out to have a real classic look.

First of all, there's a "mugshots.com", and it's real? Cool!  I know what I'll be doing all night.

Second, remember him asking a group of artists how to remove watermarks?  Dumbass.  Oh, Nick Whitford.  Your time with us was too... long.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

There’s recent evidence to support this, too, such as the Bucs unceremoniously dumping the cannonball streaks from their helmets (was that mid season?)

I don't remember this, I'm interested now!

fiowXOD.png

Just now, ramsjetsthunder said:

I don't remember this, I'm interested now!

So back in 2014 the Bucs unveiled their awful alarm clock number uniforms and the pewter helmets had these black streaks down the centre. It wasn't a stripe, but sort of like a fade? It was supposed to represent the streaks on cannon balls. It looked stupid and was quietly dropped midway through the set's first season.

dTiNdnw.jpg

36 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

First of all, there's a "mugshots.com", and it's real? Cool!  I know what I'll be doing all night.

Nicholas-Alexander-Whitford-mugshot-2620 Nicholas-Alexander-Whitford-mugshot-2841 Nicholas-Alexander-Whitford-mugshot-3484 Nicholas-Alexander-Whitford-mugshot-4258 

Don’t want to Buc-jack but that fade stripe was a very bizarre thing that is rarely talked about or remembered. It was one of those things that at first I thought “eh, whatever, I can barely notice them and they look like shadows” and then when they debuted, that changed to “oh my god, these look absolutely abysmal.” Thankfully, the Bucs nixed that real quick. Unfortunately, the rest of their set had to wait half a decade.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived