OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

7 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

Do you think the rams and chargers will still open the season with multiple white at home games even though they’re moving into a climate controlled stadium?

Yes. If for no other reason, to sell the white jerseys.

42 minutes ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

I liked Cannon ball stripes, at the very at least I like the attempt at something by different

"Different" does not always mean "good." Sometimes norms exist for a reason. 

1 hour ago, _J_ said:

Yes. If for no other reason, to sell the white jerseys.

I'd actually like the Chargers to go back to the whites at home like they had throughout the Air Coryell days. It'd be a nice contrast to the Rams if the Rams wear blue at home. Then when they play each other they are both wearing their home uniforms. 

42d05e09485416043a083aed0dcb2c84.pngx6cive0oyriqyjndnpsy.jpg

12 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

The Chargers white over yellow looks really good.

I love it but I wonder if that's just my bias from growing up with that white/yellow look in the 70s-80s.

16 hours ago, joekono said:

F$ck78g AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Reminds me of the Marshal Yanda & Joe Flacco exchange during the SB 47 post-game celebration amid confetti dropping upon them, and caught on the national television broadcast...

MY73: Holy s***, huh?!?
JF5: F***ing awesome!!!!! [Whilst simultaneously patting Yanda hard on the shoulder pad.]

In fact, I read your quote in Flacco's tone of voice.

5 minutes ago, dcameronh said:

Where are the Rams uniforms already?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? 😡

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, DEAD! said:

giphy.gif

Given the negative fan reaction to the logos, it wouldn't surprise.

All white for the Chargers is a great look but I just do not like the yellow pants to big of contrast to the rest of the uniform for me!

11 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I'd actually like the Chargers to go back to the whites at home like they had throughout the Air Coryell days. It'd be a nice contrast to the Rams if the Rams wear blue at home. Then when they play each other they are both wearing their home uniforms. 

42d05e09485416043a083aed0dcb2c84.pngx6cive0oyriqyjndnpsy.jpg

My biggest issue with teams wearing predominantly white at home is that they also typically wear white on the road. Couple that in with colour rush/alternates/throwbacks and you might go an entire season without seeing what is arguably a team's "main" uniform. And with that beautiful shade of blue the Chargers are finally embracing, I think that would be a shame. 

17 hours ago, hawk36 said:

No, if they ever want to step out of the shadow and not be the little brother in LA they need to establish themselves and not bow down to the Rams. Especially if/when the Rams mess up this update. They need to wear the powder blue at home that the majority of the football and uniform loving communities have been begging for.

17 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I love it but I wonder if that's just my bias from growing up with that white/yellow look in the 70s-80s.

I always liked the Chargers in the royal blue jerseys/yellow pants, and I didn't like they wore white jerseys at home during that 1978-83 era. As a rule, I'm not a fan of football teams wearing white jerseys at home, and that includes my alma mater, LSU. But variety of opinions is a good thing so I can understand your desire to see them in white at home.

I always thought I had good eyes as a kid. But I always thought that Chargers royal blue was purple growing up until later realizing that my eyes had just been playing tricks on me. Maybe it was because I saw those blue jerseys so infrequently. Maybe because it was the desire I had to see them in dark jerseys and because I also wished LSU wore their purple jerseys more often. Had the Chargers played the Vikings more often, I probably would have noticed that the Chargers' "purple" was actually blue.

22 hours ago, El Diablo said:

The Chargers white over yellow looks really good.

Agreed. So does the blue over yellow. I really like their yellow pants. 

11 hours ago, Chromatic said:

My biggest issue with teams wearing predominantly white at home is that they also typically wear white on the road. Couple that in with colour rush/alternates/throwbacks and you might go an entire season without seeing what is arguably a team's "main" uniform. And with that beautiful shade of blue the Chargers are finally embracing, I think that would be a shame. 

Yes, I understand for marketing and jersey sales they need to have a balance. Still, as a nod to the greatest era of Charger football, in my opinion, I'd like to see the return to the white/yellow look. It was Chargers to me and although I liked the look of the royal jersey back then, they just didn't look like the Chargers wearing blue/yellow. (Keep in mind the white/yellow era was when I was in the sweet 10-20 age range so that tends to stick with many of us as THE look for our teams).