Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

I don't think a logo tweak has ever been as poorly received as Ram Chungus over here. While we wait for the Rams to make history, we make history of our own.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I'll admit I was probably being way too harsh on the ram head, in hindsight; the ram head is definitely a lot better-looking then the LA-horn. Admittedly, you'd have to be really trying to get a worse result there, but still; credit where it's due. It could be tweaked, to me, but it's not terrible as a primary.

I guess I'm just getting a bit too negatively-charged over what seems to be a rebrand that is both really good and extremely irritating to me. They got some parts of it down pretty well (the colors, ram head and wordmark), but swung out pretty badly on others (the LA primary and emphasis on gradients) whereas the Chargers (who shouldn't really even be in Los Angeles to begin with) seem to have nailed pretty much the whole shebang right off the cuff without really feeling the need to add too many fluffy elements.

Now admittedly, I have to imagine Spanos has been sitting on the idea of rebranding to powder blue again as a "get out of emergency free" card since moving the team to LA, but at least the rebrand has improved a lot about the Chargers' look. 😛  I'm worried the Rams might have tried to do a bit too much and ended up with something that's a bit too overdesigned for its own good.

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

If you add a nostril and another eye, this one could be a My Little Pony...

spacer.png

RhmOMvO.gif

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I like the style of Ramchungus much more than the one they have know. I think if you just fixed the jaw on that one you would have a good sports logo. However there is not just one element to fix on the new Rams head to make it good. Yeah its better than the LA logo but that is not saying much! 

The ram head still looks like garbage to me. That it's substantially less bad than the LA is immaterial. It just looks like a poorly rendered logo from 60 years earlier than the other poorly rendered logo.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

4 hours ago, the admiral said:

I don't think a logo tweak has ever been as poorly received as Ram Chungus over here. While we wait for the Rams to make history, we make history of our own.

You must've not been here for this.

Buffalo-Sabres-emblem-2006-2010.png

Based on the schedule that is out, the Chargers get Tampa and Miami early. So it's most likely powder blues for the Buccaneers and Dolphins games. We won't get to see the Chargers and Dolphins match that some of us were hoping for. 

Here's hoping that the Bills and Saints wear their throwbacks for their game against the Chargers. One or both of them.

1 hour ago, EddieJ1984 said:

You must've not been here for this.

[buffaslug]

I mean informal member work. Buffaslug and the OKC Thunder were ripped to shreds, but those were professional jobs. I've never seen someone casually be like "what if they tried this?" and everyone craps all over it like Buffaslug. 

2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

I mean informal member work. Buffaslug and the OKC Thunder were ripped to shreds, but those were professional jobs. I've never seen someone casually be like "what if they tried this?" and everyone craps all over it like Buffaslug. 

Might I refamiliarize you with the Seattle Kraken or the Las Vegas Aces?

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

People here loved the Kraken! That's why I was so annoyed by it. It was a "has the whole world gone mad" deal.

Only in his thread. Everywhere else, the "get along gang"/"mafia" made fun of him. Among a lot of us, he's Yandere Dev levels of unpopular. His design style is not unlike Yandere Dev's coding.

c_1479054_Kh4Q2.jpg

2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

People here loved the Kraken! That's why I was so annoyed by it. It was a "has the whole world gone mad" deal.

There was definitely a split; there were those that defended it and those that knew it was kitschy crap. 😜

1 hour ago, throwmesomepics said:

I didn’t know where to ask this, but now that the schedule is out, can someone make the 2020 week by week uniform matchups thread? @canzman

It might be just a tad premature for that, don't'cha think?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I remember one time I sketched up a Diamondbacks logo based around an A in a "db" that I thought was pretty neat until numerous people told me in no uncertain terms that it looked like a dick and balls, more so than the db they were already using. It did give me a great idea, unrealized, for a gimmick poster whose logo concepts would be increasingly phallic until people finally told me to knock it off, at which point I would return from a "hiatus" with a concept inspired by the work of Georgia O'Keeffe. 

Archived