Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, colortv said:

Don't care what anyone says, top right looks good.

file.php?id=13610

It looks as good as a segmented horn could, but still not good. Also, top left is probably what we'll be getting, sadly.

the user formerly known as cdclt

8 minutes ago, QCS said:

It looks as good as a segmented horn could, but still not good. Also, top left is probably what we'll be getting, sadly.

Personally, I'd rather see top left. If it has to be segmented, at least keep the classic shape. 

Top right looks fine but the shape doesn't look like the Rams.

2 minutes ago, auguststaley said:

Top right looks fine but the shape doesn't look like the Rams.

And considering the emphasis on that exact shape in the branding? There's a miniscule chance they don't put that on the helmets. They're not going to make the horn literally the same shape everywhere in their branding but the helmet, not in a age where brand consistency is so important to teams.

16 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

Well i'm just gonna say if the Rams can use some bull💩 "bone" which is a light grey as an away uniform.  it's time for some team and probably one in the division to embrace cream. 

If Rams get to go gray on the road, the Seahawks should too. They're so similar to the white uniforms, but better. And yes, 49ers should go cream. 

6 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

And considering the emphasis on that exact shape in the branding? There's a miniscule chance they don't put that on the helmets. They're not going to make the horn literally the same shape everywhere in their branding but the helmet, not in a age where brand consistency is so important to teams.

Oh, I agree. They will put the new horn on everything, including the helmets. I just prefer the classic shape, and think they could add elements of the new horn's details while maintaining the integrity of the classic shape.

10 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

How in the world can you be "satisfied" with something you haven't even seen?  

Because unlike others on this forum I’m not a snob (EDIT: I should’ve used a different word) that cares about every particular detail of a uniform. Yes, I’m reserving final judgement until I see the finished product, but I’m not too disappointed with the details I’ve already received.

I’m the same way when it comes to proposed vehicles...like, say the next Escalade.

EDIT: I’m also a fan of the team. I honestly care more about the play on the field more than the design on their back. So call me biased. All of these people spamming Rams comments about “change the logo” just might change their tune if (and it’s a HUGE if) they were to win a championship while sporting this identity.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Just now, Ben in LA said:

Because unlike others on this forum I’m not a snob that cares about every particular detail of a uniform. Yes, I’m reserving final judgement until I see the finished product, but I’m not too disappointed with the details I’ve already received.

I’m the same way when it comes to proposed vehicles...like, say the next Escalade.

Come on man, you're on a board where the whole purpose is to appreciate the details and intricacies of sports branding, which includes jerseys, and you call us snobs? That's just in poor taste. I get it, you don't like people trashing your team, but everyone here is entitled to their opinion and most of us, with the same information you have, are not excited for the reveal. From what we've seen of the logo and overall branding package we're apprehensive that the Rams will take their brand and run it through a Nike blender with gradients and segmented horns and stuff. If you're okay with that, awesome! But don't call us snobs for wanting teams to look good and pay attention to their brand.

6 minutes ago, QCS said:

But don't call us snobs for wanting teams to look good and pay attention to their brand.

You’re right; I shouldn’t have said that.  BUT...no matter WHAT the team does there will always be someone critiquing and criticizing it. And yes, I know and realize that’s what this forum is for.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Just now, Ben in LA said:

You’re right; I shouldn’t have said that.  BUT...no matter WHAT the team does there will always be someone critiquing and criticizing it. And yes, I know and realize that’s what this forum is for.

To be fair the post you responded to asked how you were satisfied when you, nor anyone here, have not actually seen the uniforms. And yes, with such a wide group of people here there is bound to be at least one person going against the grain and either liking something most people don't (see: Atlanta Falcons 2020) or disliking something most like (see: San Diego Padres 2020). I think it's fair for most of us to be apprehensive about the uniforms given what we know about the brand and how much emphasis has been placed on the gradient and segmented horn. It's fair to say that most of us dislike those design decisions and the emphasis placed on them worries us that the uniforms will also include gradients and segmented horns, probably in a way that looks bad.

Archived