OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

2 minutes ago, doctorpeligro said:

Back to the issue of the Chargers viability

Whattt but we were finally talking about Rams uniforms again

13 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Whattt but we were finally talking about Rams uniforms again

True, but God knows when we'll actually get news about those.

Single-game tickets went on sale this week, so that's actually news?

52 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Lmao Jesus. Is there anything the alt-right hasn’t ruined?

36 minutes ago, doctorpeligro said:

I wonder if some of those "unavailable" seats are really open seats that they are holding back in case more people want to buy season tickets.

I'd assume it's either that or the result of ticket resellers purchasing large quantities.

19 hours ago, king_mahalo said:

If Rams get to go gray on the road, the Seahawks should too. They're so similar to the white uniforms, but better. And yes, 49ers should go cream. 

The Cards could rebrand to a simple and old-fashioned cardinal and cream identity, with black as an accent color. That would rock. 

The Mac Tonight guy was creepy from the beginning.  Even before your parents explained that the original song is about a knife murderer.

I still think the Rams uniforms will be good until proven otherwise.

On 5/9/2020 at 8:39 PM, Ben in LA said:

I honestly care more about the play on the field more than the design on their back.

this makes no sense to me

Oh great, now that stupid "Rams logo is a penis!" meme is in this thread now.

I hate this thread.

On 5/9/2020 at 6:27 PM, Digby said:

normally I can’t stand BS color names from manufacturer copy writers but I’ve been down the paint-chip rabbit hole for almost white... that’s an area of pervasive trouble.

They've discovered a whole new color...so now it's wolf gray, silver, ash, slate, bone, and graphite. 

14 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Maybe I'm biased, but the Ram horn is the single best element in all of Sports uniform design history, or at least in the NFL. And I think many would agree with the latter statement. They could've completely screwed up the jerseys, pants, and whatever else, and I'd be disappointed, but at least they kept the horn. I mean, it's obvious. Or so we thought.

Totally agree if I am not mistaken it was the first helmet to have a logo or design in the NFL... beyond classic & just a great look... even if there have been small changes it’s been basically the same design changing it now maybe the stupidest move I ever seen a team make... 

2 hours ago, bucky_bleichert said:

this makes no sense to me

It does to me; that’s why I said it.

Let me explain it as simply as I can. If the Rams had beaten the Patriots in those mismatched uniforms I would’ve been happy since the ultimate goal in the NFL is to win championships, not to have the “best looking” uniform.

spacer.png

This thread is in the running for worst threads of all time on this forum. Bolstered by the fact the Rams and Chargers should have had different threads of their own...

I fully expect that I will need to wash out my eyes by looking at the Chargers’ unis whenever these Rams atrocities finally see the light of the day.

Now, back to the awfulness.

13 hours ago, doctorpeligro said:

Back to the issue of the Chargers viability, and I'm checking the single game offerings for the Chargers home game against the Jaguars (a less-than-popular opponent), and there aren't as many seats available as I thought there would be.  For instance, there aren't a ton of seats available for purchase at the lowest price level.

spacer.png

I wonder if some of those "unavailable" seats are really open seats that they are holding back in case more people want to buy season tickets.

My seats are in the 400 level, and I haven't seen any of those seats available except for resale.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/los-angeles-chargers-vs-jacksonville-jaguars/event/0A005886E8A924A1

We aren't going to know unfortunately until maybe next season. SoFi Stadium, like most new venues, is going to have honeymoon/intrigue period this year, where people just go to Chargers games to see what the new stadium is all about. Next year or a year after that, when the stadium becomes a more normalized attraction in LA, that will determine how viable the Chargers (and to a smaller extent the Rams) are in LA. 

Take Mercedes-Benz Stadium in ATL. Awesome attendance in its opening year, tons of empty seats years 2 and 3 without playoff apps.

4 hours ago, ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ said:

BONE(A)RAMS

EVhbxKIUMAABgZ6?format=jpg&name=small

P.S.  BONE

I guess you missed my TED talk about this.

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Oh great, now that stupid "Rams logo is a penis!" meme is in this thread now.

I hate this thread.

Well when one your best players is named Eric Dickerson...

P.s. that ram it song is starting to make me feel really uncomfortable.

I can't wait till I am a fancy uniform designer and create my own colors. Here it is ___________ <~~~~ That is neon white

7 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Let me explain it as simply as I can. If the Rams had beaten the Patriots in those mismatched uniforms I would’ve been happy since the ultimate goal in the NFL is to win championships, not to have the “best looking” uniform.

spacer.png

it was a joke 

On 5/9/2020 at 8:39 PM, Ben in LA said:

EDIT: I’m also a fan of the team. I honestly care more about the play on the field more than the design on their back. So call me biased. All of these people spamming Rams comments about “change the logo” just might change their tune if (and it’s a HUGE if) they were to win a championship while sporting this identity.

8 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

spacer.png

Bias should have nothing at all to do with critiquing a design.  Considering that this forum exists primarily to discuss sports logos and uniforms, if fandom of the team impairs one's ability to do that, maybe "Sports in General" forum is a more appropriate place to be.

If anything, shouldn't being a fan make you more critical of a botched design? After all, if you like that team, you want them to be considered among the best brandings across fandoms, not accept :censored:ty design because "muh winning". Tradition and/or winning can only carry a design so far. Look at the Patriots; they won an assload in the last design, didn't save it from getting the axe when the time came.

And let's not forget that the Rams' only Super Bowl win was in 1999, while the team was in St. Louis, and their last NFL Championship before the AFL merger was in 1951. This isn't a team that's historically had enormous success in terms of championships, and I don't see how a uniform change somehow means that you'll win a title. A team that was 9-7 last year doesn't strike me as a real championship contender.