Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

That could work, too. The helmet is the most enduring part of the Rams' identity, so having it be very prominent in the actual branding outside of the uniforms makes sense. Having both a helmet logo and a ram logo would be the best of both worlds; one as the primary, one as the alternate.

And there's at least historical precedent for the Rams using their helmet as their primary logo, so there's that if you wanna pull the "LA history" angle.

I've been rocking this hat for a few years now and I think it's a classy look. The problem with them going with a Helmet Logo is that they're most likely going to mess with the Horns on the actual helmet, so it's going to ruin the logo either way. 

I also wish they would have gone with something closer to this for the colors, a happy medium between navy and royal, but I'm still good with what they did colorwise. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Colorado State kinda did a segmented horn (or at least one trying to more closely emulate an actual ram).

CSU%20Aggie%20Throwback%20Uniform%20(9)_

That looks good.

Marquette University High School in Milwaukee uses a helmet logo based on the Rams' 1949 horn.

49hornd.JPG

a5df0b6b-301a-454d-9b37-8abacd26f7ab-MJSa88a8bd3-c166-4010-99b8-fd0a5d8d3dd6-MJS_arrow19__01ofx_spt_wood.jpg?auto=webp&crop=2676,1505,x0,y109&format=pjpg&width=1200

Honestly, I've always preferred that to the Rams' smooth horn.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

So, what’s the longest a team has gone without unveiling new uniforms they said they were going to in the offseason?

If you think this is the record it's far from it. It's just over the past 25-30 years we've come accustomed to logo and uniform reveals to be HUGE events. If I recall correctly the Suns unveiled their logo in 1992 without the jerseys being unveiled until the opener. They even played in the old uniforms during the pre-season.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

41 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That looks good.

Marquette University High School in Milwaukee uses a helmet logo based on the Rams' 1949 horn.

49hornd.JPG

a88a8bd3-c166-4010-99b8-fd0a5d8d3dd6-MJS_arrow19__01ofx_spt_wood.jpg?auto=webp&crop=2676,1505,x0,y109&format=pjpg&width=1200

There's a few different helmet horn versions out there..

Whitehall-Yearling High School (Columbus, OH)...

spacer.png

U of Rhode Island has these super-thick horns...

spacer.png

highland High has a ridged bumpy horn like Marquette University High School's but it goes under the ear hole...spacer.png

Here's some Ram on Ram crime...

spacer.png

Highland HS in Utah does the wider-set horns (inner edges against the bumper), but are to my eye a little thicker than the Rams had been doing lately, as well as loop slightly lower:

spacer.png

spacer.png

To compare:

spacer.png

If we’re talking alternative horn applications, I’m personally a fan of the thick horns Rhode Island utilizes (those in gold would look really dynamic), but I’ve always thought Highland’s application looked good and I’d go for that as well.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Honestly, what's wrong with pulling a Browns for the Rams? A stylized version of the helmet as a logo could be a good look for them.

If they decided on using the crescent horn on the helmets this wouldn't be an improvement.

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I don’t think they need a mascot logo. The 2nd biggest market in the league doesn’t need an animal logo. An LA with horn should more than suffice- it’s just that the one they came out with is not good. An animal logo is fine for the kids and merch, but the Rams don’t need it. Play up the LA, and let the horn do most of the talking. 

Have you not been paying attention to the reception from the fans? The LA logo is almost universally despised, while the ram head has at least gotten a lukewarm response. We're already starting to see them shift away from the LA monogram and towards the head. 

Besides, much like the Vikings, Eagles, and Bengals the primary logo isn't that important, Assuming the jerseys will have horns on the sleeves, we may not see either logo anywhere on the uniform.

5 hours ago, ramsker said:

I've been rocking this hat for a few years now and I think it's a classy look. The problem with them going with a Helmet Logo is that they're most likely going to mess with the Horns on the actual helmet, so it's going to ruin the logo either way. 

I also wish they would have gone with something closer to this for the colors, a happy medium between navy and royal, but I'm still good with what they did colorwise. 

spacer.png

They should've made that the logo, end of story, same with the Browns. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

That looks good.

49hornd.JPG

a5df0b6b-301a-454d-9b37-8abacd26f7ab-MJSa88a8bd3-c166-4010-99b8-fd0a5d8d3dd6-MJS_arrow19__01ofx_spt_wood.jpg?auto=webp&crop=2676,1505,x0,y109&format=pjpg&width=1200

Pretty sweet design for Marquette HS. 

Also, I voted Hilltoppers in the student vote for the new name after Marquette Gold was thrown to the dustbin of history. 

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Have you not been paying attention to the reception from the fans? The LA logo is almost universally despised, while the ram head has at least gotten a lukewarm response. We're already starting to see them shift away from the LA monogram and towards the head. 

Not sure how that's relevant to my post.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Also, I voted Hilltoppers in the student vote for the new name after Marquette Gold was thrown to the dustbin of history. 

Would have been a nice nod to history, but once they ceded it to the high school no way the university was going to bring it back. ☹️

15 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

a88a8bd3-c166-4010-99b8-fd0a5d8d3dd6-MJS

Those are two nice looking helmets

9 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Would have been a nice nod to history, but once they ceded it to the high school no way the university was going to bring it back. ☹️

It’s better than Marquette McGuires or Marquette Tolkiens (that archival collection is so wonderful, I worked with it for a bit). 😉

9 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

It’s better than Marquette McGuires or Marquette Tolkiens (that archival collection is so wonderful, I worked with it for a bit). 😉

Sadly no Tolkein themed bars or restaurants on campus (at least when I was there). Unlike Western Michigan which hosts the annual Medieval History Congress and has a pizza joint named Bilbo's. 

7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

So, what’s the longest a team has gone without unveiling new uniforms they said they were going to in the offseason?

Didn't the Bills go until July when they revealed the set they've got now? Though I can't remember if those kinda came out of left field or not

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Archived