Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

42 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Not sure how that's relevant to my post.

You said the team needs an LA monogram, so I think it's relevant that the fans hate the current one. You also offered no suggestions on what a good one would look like. 

The franchise has a long history of using Rams heads logo, while they never felt the need to use a monogram in the past. The ownership group feels like they need to ram it down people's throats that they brought the team back to LA (pun intended). The Dodgers, Clippers, Kings, and LAFC are more than enough teams using LA-heavy logos.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Didn't the Bills go until July when they revealed the set they've got now? Though I can't remember if those kinda came out of left field or not

Yeah. The didn't unveil their uniforms until June of 2011. It was because of the lockout. I believe they wanted to have the players do it but they realized the lockout had a while to go and decided to have military veterans model the uniforms.

16 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

Yeah. The didn't unveil their uniforms until June of 2011. It was because of the lockout. I believe they wanted to have the players do it but they realized the lockout had a while to go and decided to have military veterans model the uniforms.

ED4MPGZXoAgjtL6.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

You said the team needs an LA monogram, so I think it's relevant that the fans hate the current one. You also offered no suggestions on what a good one would look like. 

The franchise has a long history of using Rams heads logo, while they never felt the need to use a monogram in the past. The ownership group feels like they need to ram it down people's throats that they brought the team back to LA (pun intended). The Dodgers, Clippers, Kings, and LAFC are more than enough teams using LA-heavy logos

this isn’t (to some member’s surprise) the concepts forum, so I’m not going to post suggestions for an improvement, but it’s irrelevant anyway. My point is that NY and LA teams don’t need goofy mascot-based logos, because the city is the bigger part of the brand. I don’t care how the LA logo was received. It was received how it should have been. I don’t care about the ownership group, and I care about the franchise’s history about as much as the LA market does (not much). I just know that they don’t need a ram-head logo.   

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Honestly, what's wrong with pulling a Browns for the Rams? A stylized version of the helmet as a logo could be a good look for them.

The Browns don’t even pull off a Browns right now. When they get a stylized version of their helmet we can talk.

This is the 2nd time I’ve seen that gradient numbers only on the home jersey rumor. Good lord that’s dumb. I can forgive gradient numbers, I’ve seen a concept that they look pretty decent on, but if they are only on one set that would be the dumbest thing in the world.

I would welcome that logo Rams Nation is using as an alternate as well...although if what they say is correct, that face mask would need to be rendered in blue.

And other than the gradient numbers, I’m cool with what has been “leaked” via these details. Just gotta see the unis in full to make final judgement.

EDIT: Tweets with mockups according to the details listed above.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

9 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

Didn't the Bills go until July when they revealed the set they've got now? Though I can't remember if those kinda came out of left field or not

Yes and it saw due to the lock out, they weren’t able to debut them because they wanted to do it with players and finally just got some dudes off the street to model them.

5 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

The helmet is not good but passable, I guess. 

But that mockup based on the information looks like it would have been an update of the uniforms at the beginning of the millennium, had they not changed the color scheme. It would already look terribly dated.

To put more talk into this supposed BONE colored away uniform, I realized that actual Rams can actually be that color. The team would be taking the team name literal, ironic considering the damn Ram logo isn't even that color and the horn itself is supposedly not that realistic. Really, what are you doing? No NFL team has worn something in place of white on a permanent basis and there's no need to start now. You want to screw around and put out an alternate uniform? Fine whatever, but having this as a main away uniform seems like a huge mistake.

bSLCtu2.png

When the team left STL, Rick Venturi was a regular on locals sports talk radio. I will never forget a story he told. He was asked by a nation media member on what his thoughts on the relocation were. He replied with, “I don’t think on the outside world…I don’t think people realize how good (the St. Louis fan base has been) despite that disaster there. Wait until Los Angeles gets a hold of this program. Wait until they see this operation from top to bottom, from drafting to coaching to playing, wait until they get a load of this.”

That organization has been a dumpster fire for decades now. They have done one good thing recently, and that is hire McVay. But in general, if you need something done in the stupidest way possible, hire Demoff and the rest of that FO. They will take care of it for you. Hence bone jerseys, gradients, and messing with the best helmet in football.

Archived