OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

I apologize for doubting everyone on the bone unis.  I just didn't think that would ever be a real thing, like EVER EVER EVER EVER. 

Mind blown how you could look at this and think "yea, we hit the mark."

No final verdict until they are officially launched, but jesus.  WHY DO THEY MAKE IT SO HARD ON THEMSELVES? 

PS Nike/NFL pease never touch the Eagles unis, we're good. 

6 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

Can’t stand this new trend of no TV numbers. Makes it look like a youth team that couldn’t afford them.

This, 100% this. Even though I love the Chargers new uniforms not having them bothers me, and the Rams is even worse.

Notice the subtle Iowa State-esque number treatment to match the new horns-

EX5c2RKWkAAOCRv?format=jpg&name=large

I don't know, I have a hard time believing that they would include a emphasis like that on the numbers while still going with the old horns on the helmet and sleeve.

They are so totally going to pull a Brewers here.

The simple answer was the best - bring back the old ones.  Instead they're going to "improve" them, messing up everything that was good about the originals and drowning them in a crowded mess of pointless changes.

18 minutes ago, henburg said:

Notice the subtle Iowa State-esque number treatment to match the new horns-

EX5c2RKWkAAOCRv?format=jpg&name=large

I don't know, I have a hard time believing that they would include a emphasis like that on the numbers while still going with the old horns on the helmet and sleeve.

Oh, I don't have a hard time believing that AT ALL

There job was so easy and they just couldn't help themselves. Ego and self centeredness win again, and fans (again) pay the price.

5 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

"On the fifth year, they will rise again"

YLP95JO.jpg

Jags uniforms still suck. Just a different flavor of lousy...

Like "wolf gray" and "action green", I am tired of hearing the term "bone".

Unlike "wolf gray" and "action green", it took less than a week for me to tire of it.

3 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

I have an unpopular opinion on those. I love em

They aren't awful in a vacuum, they just don't fit a franchise that's 84 years old. It wouldn't be as egregious if they were a newer expansion team. Shoulder wordmark is whack though

If those away unis are the real deal, I say "why so plain"? I sure would miss the 44 year history of the away jersey having sleeves of a different color than the torso.

I dont mind these. Or at least, they are (much?) better than expected based off of the logo reactions/predictions.

10 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Yup.  I actually like the old jerseys better.  The only thing they really fixed was the helmet.

I’m still waiting until the full, official reveal, but I’m really struggling with what we can see of the bone uniform. What’s the rhyme and reason to it? It just looks different for the sake of different. The overthinking the Rams had over this whole project is absolutely frustrating.

Positive though, the blue uniform looks pretty decent (again, from what we can see). I still don’t think the numbers needed a gradient, and the wordmark is in a really stupid spot, but overall that’s looking much better than expected. Far better than the bone (ah screw it, GRAY) uniform.

46 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

Can’t stand this new trend of no TV numbers. Makes it look like a youth team that couldn’t afford them.

I can live with no TV numbers. It doesn’t make them look nearly as amateurish as full color socks. That looks like a youth team:

spacer.png

25 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

"On the fifth year, they will rise again"

YLP95JO.jpg

Titans should be in here, too. 

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

Ok if you’re going to put a wordmark somewhere, why the shoulder? If it was a logo ala old Jets set or Pittsburgh then it’s one thing but a literally just a series of words? That’s stupid.

holding out my other thoughts until we see official photos/clearer ones

I wonder if they are putting wordmarks on one shoulder as a pre-emptive counterbalance to the corporate wordmarks/logos that inevitably will be on the other shoulder across the NFL some day?