OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

Pros-

yellow and blue I guess

i actually kinda like the number font (except the gradient)

connected horn on the helmet

Cons-

bone

weird and wordy patch

no horns on the bone jersey

1 minute ago, 8BW14 said:

I can live with no TV numbers. It doesn’t make them look nearly as amateurish as full color socks. That looks like a youth team:

spacer.png

Yeah, the new full color sock trend for the NFL sucks. Single color socks and monochrome dark uniforms will always look out of place in the NFL to me. Those are both something I will never get used to.  Makes me think of low end high schools every time.

5 minutes ago, auguststaley said:

I wonder if they are putting wordmarks on one shoulder as a pre-emptive counterbalance to the corporate wordmarks/logos that inevitably will be on the other shoulder across the NFL some day?

Come on, we don't need that right now.

Well, at least the Falcons don't have to worry about having the worst look in the league. Holy god, these are terrible.

10 minutes ago, auguststaley said:

I wonder if they are putting wordmarks on one shoulder as a pre-emptive counterbalance to the corporate wordmarks/logos that inevitably will be on the other shoulder across the NFL some day?

oh crap

Yikes the full release shows segmented horns on the home sleeve caps and helmet, where as only the crescent moon appears on the bone uniforms. Also a white patch on a grey uniform is awful, the placement or horrible too. The numbers are better bad, this slightly beats out Atlanta because there's no gradient uniform but man does it suck. 

That’s Atlanta level garbage.  F Nike and their horrid designs and for most teams taking them.

Phew originally didn’t see yellow pants. Okay they’re bad, but could be a lot worse?

Horrible. The random patch on the shoulder serves no purpose

They missed a dunk.

Other teams have introduced uniforms that are just as bad.  But the Rams had such a simple solution.  They're back in LA...go back (in general...match the blues better or whatever) to what they had when the left LA.  People liked it.  The basic helmet design is the godfather of helmets-as-logos.  The only way they could have screwed this up would be to get creative.

They missed a slam dunk.  Worse than the Sabres.  Worse than anyone has. 

And the blue uniform with the yellow pants?  Overall it's pleasing to my eyes; if the numbers were all yellow, it would be sharp.  It's not not what they should have done.

The "bone" uniform is just awful and what really brings that out is the white on the pants and the white on the NBA ad patch. That patch sticks out like a sore thumb.  And yeah, it's probably foreshadowing...