Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm down with the helmets. Think they pulled those off in a way that makes sense with their helmet history and the new logo (even if I dislike the new logo). That, at least to me, is a win.

The rest is bad. All of it. None of it is good. The bone jersey is inconsistent with the rest of the uniforms and is just ugly anyways, the patch is hideous, and I see there are mixed feelings here about the gradient, but I am decidedly anti-gradient on any sports uniform except for when it's tastefully done on soccer/football kits. 

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

1 minute ago, LMU said:

I don't mind these.

The home is definitely better than the road.  The gradient actually kind of works with the white on the pants striping.  The segmented horn is a lateral move but they thankfully restrained themselves from using the different hues.  The font is nice and thankfully the team name is an actual patch and not a Seahawks/former Browns like forced striping pattern.

I'm not as thrilled by the road set.  The lack of blue striping on the pants is and odd choice as is the different shoulder horn and the sudden use of numbers.  The "bone" shade doesn't bother me but they just need more color.

And seriously, if you think these are worse than the Falcons you need to make an appointment with your local optometrist.

Interesting that you say this. I don't like including team names there, but I think the patch looks far tackier than what the Seahawks have done.  (especially the white patch on the bone jersey)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

If they are so set on the disjointed horns, which is a big mistake, they could have at least given us the standard block font and the real Gold Color that complements the Royal Blue better. 

Rams-Altwq.jpg

I cannot fathom putting so much time into rebranding, and failing as miserably as the Rams have. What a waste, and now they have to wait longer until they can properly fix them. 3 years to move past the STL Frankenstein combos, and now 5 more to get past these. Absurd.

I dont even know if these last five years as the full time home/road. Browns (and Rams even) proved that you can upgrade a jersey before the five is up.

Likely going to bring the old throwbacks (once/if one helmet is gone) in 21 or 22, then promote them. Same deal with the roads.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

This is Nike and the Rams trying way too hard to ruin a classic look. 

i don’t mind the gradient numbers. That’s about where the positives end.

They use two different designs on the shoulder and neither are a Rams horn! 
The bone gray away jersey is needless. White would’ve looked better. 3 different number styles on these two uniforms. Unnecessary patches on the upper chest.

the whole thing is a mess. 

If all sports fans were like the members here, the Chargers would become "LA's Team" and the Rams would be moving to San Antonio.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Yikes. The gray jersey (done with “bone”) turned out even worse up close. The wordmark is a GD patch with a contrasting white background. The sleeve design cuts into the background of the sleeve numbers. The yellow against the gray makes it look like a highlighter shade. Furthermore, and as already established, it’s gray for no effing reason. The gray uniform is so bad that I realized I don’t even care that the horns are segmented; I keep finding myself going “yeah not great but THE GRAY THOUGH”. 

This is such an odd set, because I stand by my assertion that the blue uniform is much better than expected, and yet the gray is an absolute trainwreck tossed into a dumpster fire. I’m really struggling to wrap my head around how professional designers and a front office together can overthink themselves into such a mess. Had the road uniform been white and designed to match with the blue, this actually would’ve turned out kinda okay! And yet one set made to (I can only assume) be “different” bombs the whole thing.

When the inevitable Marketspeak behind-the-scenes come out, I can’t wait for this Demoff talking head:

spacer.png

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Hey, good news for everyone who was concerned about them messing up the helmet.  That's probably the least terrible thing here.

spacer.png
Most positive review I can give 

Are the bones a place holder for road whites representing the 1970s-1980s coming next year?

So as someone who fights with the new helmets while designing a logo, I get the new horn, and it will work with all the styles without losing a big chunk of it to the face mask, and chin strap attachment points. 

I like it. 

Archived