Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

27 minutes ago, bowld said:

Horrible. The random patch on the shoulder serves no purpose

It lets you known they aren't Angelo State.

28 minutes ago, colortv said:

Why couldn't they use the same sleeves for both jerseys? The blue jersey has space for TV numbers on the shoulders, they should have put them on there. I like the numbers themselves, but the gradient is annoying on the blue jerseys. If you wanted to put a wordmark on the jerseys, make it the same for both uniforms and make sure the patch background matches the jersey it's on. And for crying out loud, no all white or all blue socks! They look like a blue version of USC football and they aren't playing in that stadium anymore. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

remember when the Buffalo Sabres announced a return to Blue and Gold and gave the world the slug logo and trash uniforms instead of doing the obvious?

This is that, but 15-years later. They'll get it right in 5-years, but this is a hot mess of a uniform. All they had to do was not over think it.

I'm shocked at the Rams new uniforms.

Not because they're awful but, because while I would've preferred the straight throwbacks, I have no problems with these uniforms.

I wouldn't say that I like them but, to me, they're fine.

7 minutes ago, kutztown said:

"The TV numbers over the crescent shaped horn embodies the history of the Rams, while also embracing the surfing culture that dates back to 1970's LA."

I made that up.  Can I copywrite for Nike now? 

Your credentials pan out ... you got the job.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Imagine publicly declaring that you like this. 

It looks like a mistake! Like someone was in Photoshop or doing CSS work and forgot to make some of the backgrounds transparent. That PLUS the yellow elements present as well ... there is so much visually distressing clashing of the light tones on that jersey. Going with aggressively different styles is one thing, but failing at even the simple visual tests... yikes.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Not to be negative, but I have had bowel movements with better design aesthetics than these Rams uniforms.  Way to destroy a once great identity.  NIKE is drunk.  Someone needs to take them home and put them to bed. 

26 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Imagine publicly declaring that you like this. 

I'm still amazed him saying the bone is "clean" because it contrasts with the white...I always thought white laundry was the epitome of clean. It's just crazy that he thinks a random white patch on gray is clean. 

I'm sure I missed it...wtf is up with the squiggly zigzags at the top of the patches?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Screen-Shot-2020-05-13-at-11.12.58-AM.pn

Screen-Shot-2020-05-13-at-11.13.29-AM.pn

Looks like the Rams are preparing for ad space on their uniforms for the future ...

But why, WHY is there ANY reason at all to include yellow squiggly lines on top of the ad patch!? What's the point! With all the bad there is on these uniforms, this just makes no sense, and I cannot see any purpose for this at all. Why is it needed? What's the point? WHY? 

LA and ATL.  2 identities that should be almost impossible to screw up, both botched.  Please, please please don't ever touch my Eagles.  I'll live with midnight green if this is the type of stuff you're going to be rolling out.  What an aesthetic mess.  Since when did it become cool to throw uniform consistency completely out the window? 

Some initial thoughts ...

1) Each set is over thought and designed.

2) I'm "OKAY" with the helmet with the new horn, mainly because of the colors.

3) I hate the mismatching numbers (front/back compared to the sleeves) on the away set.

4) The numbers bug me. The reflective outline is completely unnecessary and the font has serious MS Paint vibes.

5) The two 2021 and 2022 uniforms I'm betting are a gold and white jersey ... maybe throwbacks? Hopefully?

6) Those stupid patches seem like ad placeholders. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

It's not great by any means, but it isnt the complete disaster we were all expecting either. 

It could use some tweaks, like on the number font for example, but the design isnt fundamentally flawed at least.

My biggest gripe is that off centre wordmark. It's like they took the worst part of Seattle's already bad uniform and said "hold my beer".

Not sure what's going on with the white uniforms either.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

I'm still amazed him saying the bone is "clean" because it contrasts with the white...I always thought white laundry was the epitome of clean. 

I'm sure I missed it...wtf is up with the squiggly zigzags at the top of the patches?

In contrast to the Reebok designs of the mid-2000s, this new crop of Nike jerseys generally avoids lots of panels and stripes and so on. I think the general solid color aesthetic is what they mean by "clean."

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

29 minutes ago, Froob said:

Helmet rule changing? Not sure how that would really effect the Rams though.

Most likely these will be throwbacks or a yellow uniform that mixes both uniform designs. 

26 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Hey, good news for everyone who was concerned about them messing up the helmet.  That's probably the least terrible thing here.

That's the only thing they couldn't mess up unless they used the horn from the LA primary logo. 

29 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Even over the last five minutes, I'm starting to kinda like the home uniform (again, not what they should have done...but in a vacuum...)

I think the Rams are now at the top of the list of "biggest gap between home and road."  The home has some nice colors features.  The road uniform is a pile of garbage. The patch looks cheap...the white on the pants...it's all terrible.

So they've flipped from having a horrible looking home uniform to a dumpster fire away uniform. Only things I don't like about the home uniform is the lack of TV numbers and the gradient numbers. That away uniform couldn't even use the same sleeve designs and that's what's annoying me most about it. The uniforms suffer "2020 Patriots syndrome" wear parts of the uniform set seem to have been designed by completely different groups who never talked to each other until the morning of the presentation. The white pants should have used the same stripe design, which technically they do but with blue where the white areas are.  

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, Chromatic said:

It's not great by any means, but it isnt the complete disaster we were all expecting either. 

It could use some tweaks, like on the number font for example, but the design isnt fundamentally flawed at least.

My biggest gripe is that off centre wordmark. It's like they took the worst part of Seattle's already bad uniform and said "hold my beer".

Agree with this take. They're not great, but also not the worst ever.

I'll take these over the new Patriots uniforms.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, kutztown said:

LA and ATL.  2 identities that should be almost impossible to screw up, both botched.  Please, please please don't ever touch my Eagles.  I'll live with midnight green if this is the type of stuff you're going to be rolling out.  What an aesthetic mess.  Since when did it become cool to throw uniform consistency completely out the window? 

The design choices are ultimately up to the franchise and not Nike.

It all depends on whether the team entirely hands over the keys to Nike or not. Hopefully Eagles ownership is smarter than that.

Archived