Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

My thoughts:

Pros:

- Home uniforms look nice. There are some minor things I do not like about it, but otherwise it's fine

- I don't mind the color of the away set. It's a nice differentiation from the normal white and it's too obtrusive.

- Hopefully they'll pair the "bone" tops with blue bottoms

- Gradient numbers aren't as bad as I thought they would look. It's livable but better that the Falcons gradient choice.

Cons:

- I do not like the design on the sleeve of the away. Why couldn't they just mirror the home look?

- I don't get the weird patch on the chest. It looks out of place when compared to the rest of the set. Especially since the away is off-white and the patch is FULL white

- I could do without the striping pattern on the pants. Either make it solid yellow/white fade on the blue, solid blue on the yellow and yellow/blue fade on the bone or nothing at all. Even solid stripes would make more sense.

- The royal helmet is strange to me. I get they wouldn't use a navy helmet if they're embracing their older colors, but the royal helmet looks off to me, Navy would've looked a bit strange but it would've felt right to me. The royal helmet also is just going to signal more Angelo State jokes.

Overall these are a downgrade for me, they are solely in the bottom middle of the NFL. 

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BlackAdam said:

https://imgur.com/a/ZZfyM6R

Images from the video on ramsnewlook.com.

They had a version of the blue jersey with solid yellow numbers, and a white version with yellow sleeves. How could you, Nike?!?!

Seeing aqua green and orange next to the Rams colors makes me want to puke.

Nike is so extra.

And black on the wall? What the hell is that? Wonder what the chances are that the remaining alts are black and yellow...

2 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Here's why this new Rams set is better than the new Pats set:

1. The Rams have a nice home uniform. The blue helmet, blue shirt, and yellow pants look nice. Maybe you don't like some of the details, but it's a cohesive look that evokes LA Rams.

2. The Patriots do not have a nice home uniform. They do the bad monochrome, where a team has a helmet that is a remarkably different color than the shirt and pants. If the Pats had silver pants, it would be fine! But they don't. Also, I'm not sure what their pant striping is, but it's mismatched in their official uniform photoshoot.

Yes, the Pats road uniform is better than the Rams (which is...something else), but home uniforms are more important than roads.

The Patriots' new uniforms are a bad tweak of a uniform that was never that good to begin with. And they're the Patriots, everyone hates them anyway.

The Rams finally got out of that dumpy-ass convention center in St. Louis and went back to Los Angeles where they'd been for almost 50 years, they've flirted with the throwbacks since before they even moved, they had to delay the uniforms a year because the construction site got flooded, and then they completely botch everything that could be botched except for using the vivid colors everyone wanted them to use: they came up with co-primaries that are both kinda bad for different reasons, they messed with their helmet design that had endured for years, they used gradient numbers, they committed the flagrant error of having white, off-white, and yellow all touching each other, and apparently they're obsessed with "bone." All they had to do was look like a major-market charter team and they came out looking dumber than a try-hard expansion team. They underdelivered far worse than the Patriots did, maybe far worse than any team has, given the circumstances.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

And black on the wall? What the hell is that? Wonder what the chances are that the remaining alts are black and yellow...

100% black alt is one of them.  

This was deconstruction and assassination of an identity by committee. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

19 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Why is the stripe on the blue pants white when the horn on both the jersey and helmet is yellow?

The stripe starts white at the top and fades into yellow.

16 minutes ago, JLJ said:

The new one actually makes an effort to tie in to the helmet. The uniform above simply doesn’t.

However, the Vegas gold Rams uniforms are actually good despite not tying into the helmet, and these new ones are far from it.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

21 minutes ago, dont care said:

I don’t think we can blame this trash on Nike, I think this is what the Rams wanted. From their logo botch to this it all screams to me as bad decision after bad decision by the Rams and Nike just shrugged and when”If this is what you want we’ll see you in 5 years."

spacer.png

I'm definitely disappointed, but not the least bit surprised with how this set turned out. This organization is a case study in what overthinking can do to a brand. After they decided on royal & yellow they completely put their blinders on in regards to what the fans actually wanted. At least the Falcons had the good sense to keep the throwback around as an alternate.

I'm wondering if the original plan was to have the LA horn as the patch on the chest, but because of the negative fan reaction they panicked and shifted over to the full wordmark. That seems like the only explanation for why they're there.

4 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

But the new sleeves tie into the worst aspect of the helmet: the split design. 

To you, sure. I happen to like the new horn.

2 minutes ago, NeauXone said:

However, the Vegas gold Rams uniforms are actually good despite not tying into the helmet, and these new ones are far from it.

They look better than the new away set because the bar for that is in hell. They don’t look better than the new home set though. No way.

Archived