OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

2 minutes ago, Rambulance said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Something I feel like we, on this forum, discuss a fair bit is how when yellow/gold and white are next to each other on uniforms, they tend to bleed together and their individual elements become harder to distinguish. The "Bone" color the Rams are using seems to exacerbate that issue. Any strictly white elements are now essentially guaranteed to be lost at all viewing distances except player-to-player, and the yellow they're using becomes even more difficult to pick out from the Bone elements because Bone appears that much closer to yellow in value (as part of hue, saturation and value) than white is (where, at least by perception, yellow would have a lower value simply because it isn't white; I grant that technically/scientifically, that's not the case, but as far as how we would perceive it, white is "brighter" than yellow).

What I'm essentially getting at is the Rams have made the yellow-and-white-elements-next-to-each-other problem worse by using "Bone".

The Bone and Yellow seems to be the best salvagable option there... in fact that might help offset the look.

34 minutes ago, the admiral said:

EX6G5ndUEAAWvTX?format=jpg&name=small

A white patch on an off-white jersey with yellow stitching?!? What the hell is this? This is awful!

8PXSo2Y.jpg

1 minute ago, ramsker said:

I'm just hoping they're open to different combos. 

spacer.png

The only way to make the away set even remotely tolerable is to wear that combo on the right. The gray jerseys would still look like trash, but the yellow pants would at least make it look somewhat like the Rams. Really they just need to burn the gray and blue pants and only wear blue over yellow and gray over yellow. They should eventually burn the gray jerseys, too, though.

2 minutes ago, ramsker said:

I'm just hoping they're open to different combos. 

spacer.png

Agreed. And this is what @heavybasswas getting at as well. "Bone" over yellow with blue socks is the best-looking combination for an away look, and I feel like it's also the most logical.

So... I zoomed in on the picture of the idea board...

v8oisK9.png

INCLUSION/PRIMARY POWER/ DEEPENED WITH MULTI POP

9kcqQpv.png

AMBITIOUS DREAMERS/ UPWARDS AND OUTWARDS/ DEPTHS OF SKY AND SEA

pEKLtZb.png

DRIVEN TO SHINE/ FACETED/ CELEBRATION AND RENEWAL

What a bunch of absolute Jackasses.

Just now, colortv said:

What do we think the 2021 and 2022 alternates are? 

Yellow and White

10 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The blue over yellow uniform looks decent enough from a distance.

Sure, if that distance is a couple miles. 

1 minute ago, colortv said:

I would guess a white throw back option and a yellow top.  

On a wild guess.... the white/blue and the USC look.

My guess is all yellow and all black.

14 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The Patriots' new uniforms are a bad tweak of a uniform that was never that good to begin with. And they're the Patriots, everyone hates them anyway.

The Rams finally got out of that dumpy-ass convention center in St. Louis and went back to Los Angeles where they'd been for almost 50 years, they've flirted with the throwbacks since before they even moved, they had to delay the uniforms a year because the construction site got flooded, and then they completely botch everything that could be botched except for using the vivid colors everyone wanted them to use: they came up with co-primaries that are both kinda bad for different reasons, they messed with their helmet design that had endured for years, they used gradient numbers, they committed the flagrant error of having white, off-white, and yellow all touching each other, and apparently they're obsessed with "bone." All they had to do was look like a major-market charter team and they came out looking dumber than a try-hard expansion team. They underdelivered far worse than the Patriots did, maybe far worse than any team has, given the circumstances.

13 minutes ago, CherryMX said:

This was deconstruction and assassination of an identity by committee. 

Bravo, boys.

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, MDGP said:

So... I zoomed in on the picture of the idea board...

v8oisK9.png

INCLUSION/PRIMARY POWER/ DEEPENED WITH MULTI POP

What a bunch of absolute Jackasses.

Man, I hate when I get deepened with multi pop.

7 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm over calling it bone, but it's not really gray either.  It's somewhere between cream and gray... call it crey?  Gream? Grime? Crime? Cry?

“Greige” is a generic term for a grayish beige. It’s a popular color for interior design right now as it pairs nicely with both warm and cool tones.