Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

This is actually my favorite change of all this year. Bucs/Patriots/Chargers/Browns.

I really like this look and think they did the best they could with the elements provided. Was incredibly wary about the new horn design, but they did it justice. Obviously a few elements that I would change: patch, bone jersey. but all in all, I like the identity. 

Sorry.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, scouserduke said:

placeholder for a sponsor patch

The more I think about it, the more I doubt this. 

NBA teams didn't have trial placeholder patches. They just did it.

The Rams don't need a trial patch either. A placeholder patch isn't required to add a sponsor patch. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 minutes ago, tjs11 said:

I really like this look and think they did the best they could with the elements provided

Sorry.

I think they could have done way better. Mostly...take out all the gimmicky stuff. 

6 hours ago, LMU said:

And seriously, if you think these are worse than the Falcons you need to make an appointment with your local optometrist.

The Falcons' set is atrocious but it looks coherent at the very least. 

Nothing here is quite as bad as that set but it's all over place with a bunch of dumb details that don't need to exist. 

1 hour ago, L10nheart404 said:

That was the point of the post, why isn't that evident by the pics I chose to put up? But as I said, this isn't a bad look.EX6DeBGU0AAcgXZ?format=jpg&name=large Some people just want what they want, can't please everyone

This look isn't the "worst".  But it feels like a "death by 1000 papercuts" (which, in it's defense, is still better than the "death by a gaping gash to the heart" of the full-bones).  There's a pretty good looking Rams-set in there.  But the weird asymetric pants stripes don't add anything (they really just look like they forgot the other white stripe), the LA RAMS on the chest adds...nothing.  In fact it randomly draws the eyes to above their nipples.  Why?  Why should I ever need to look there on a football player?  And the gradients...they have a Junior College vibe to them.  I'm not a fan of the segmented rams horn or the new shape, but I'd forgive those things if all of the other paper cuts weren't there.

Even the gradients aren't a single, mind-numbingly bad addition to these.  They're better than the Jaguars gold/black helmet, the BROWNS leg stripe and the Bucco's digital clock numbers.  I don't like them.  They don't add and they're bad.  But on their own...they...aren't that bad.   But every one of the mistakes here just add up to the "straw the broke the camels back".  This is the closest to a good look they have.  And it's not...egregious.  It's just not good, frustratingly, when a good set was within arms' reach.  

39 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I think they could have done way better. Mostly...take out all the gimmicky stuff. 

yeah man, I get the reasoning behind the dislike on this board. I just like it. Like the color break up, and how they did the horn. Totally understand why people don't like it and I sort of feel like it looks like a D3 team. But I like it. Think it looks nice. 

In contrast, the Chargers were pretty much universally applauded for their change which was just plastering their logo on the shoulders and pants. Looked lazy to me and I think the color break down of that uniform is was worse than this one. 

Can't argue on opinion, but it looks good to me :) I like this

5 minutes ago, tjs11 said:

I really like this look and think they did the best they could with the elements provided. Was incredibly wary about the new horn design, but they did it justice. Obviously a few elements that I would change: patch, bone jersey. but all in all, I like the identity. 

Sorry.

But liiiike, they provided the elements, right?  Plus, the elements aren't that far off from those that have been utilized in far more elegant ways in the past. 

Can't defend Nike or the Rams or the NFL on this one.  It looks like at some point, they had a good solid set, but at a roundtable others insisted on shoehorning stuff in. 

The left chest patch is horrific, as is the back neck patch.  Those look like last minute add-ons that someone insisted on. 

The Bone is interesting, but White would have been so clean, as shown in the mock-up above. 

I actually really like the helmet, and the Royal jersey from the shoulders up is not bad at all, but from there down it gets tough. 

The number design I like, but I hate the font, and I absolutely hate the gradient.

The Gold pants have an acceptable side stripe pattern, but they go all to hell on the Royal pants and Bone pants.

The worst part is that the elements from home to away or alternate don't match.  The shoulder design, tv numbers, numbers front & back, and pant stripes should ALWAYS match between home/away/alt.  This is just an egregious error and I can't believe the NFL actually approved it.

Good work ruined by trying to get too much :censored: in.  Like the rest of the redesigns this year, these are a few tweaks away from being really good, but sadly, we don't get to fix them.

1 minute ago, DPHF said:

But liiiike, they provided the elements, right?  Plus, the elements aren't that far off from those that have been utilized in far more elegant ways in the past. 

ah good point. but in their defense, they couldn't just copy the historic uniforms right? especially with the updated logo (which isn't great). they had to incorporate a few new elements. 

37 minutes ago, Unwind said:

This is a super rough mockup, but getting rid of the patch, switching Bone to white and using the home sleeves makes a huge difference.

spacer.png

These would've been 100% acceptable.  Invert the body to Royal and the numbers to Gold/Yellow for the Home, and could've called it a day.

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Do you ever think players are held at gunpoint by social media team members who force them to promote the new uniforms?

I noticed after their first Instagram reveal post - which from what I saw was getting hammered by fans - the second one that came soon after looked flooded with current and past players commenting with praise and fire emojis (I’m not kidding: Torry Holt posted a row of like, 10). I don’t know if that’s how it works, but it sure looked like the Rams called for some backup.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I figured the uniforms would look good until proven otherwise..  This was a difficult one to mess up.  So I guess in a sense they get credit for making them this bad.

Broken horns would have been fine. But now they're arches. Numbers are too small. Maybe gradient would have worked otherwise.   Why the bone???? I think that will disappear quickly. Astonishingly bad.  And I liked the logos.

6 minutes ago, tjs11 said:

ah good point. but in their defense, they couldn't just copy the historic uniforms right? especially with the updated logo (which isn't great). they had to incorporate a few new elements. 

I think they could have if they wanted to. The Bucs pretty much did and the Rams could've done something similar. They had the perfect look with the throwback, all they had to do was make the helmet royal and make a matching white away and it would be the perfect Rams look. Instead they chose to throw everything out the window and start from basically scratch with gimmicky modern garbage and tons of little things that make you think this was made by committee and not a single one of them was actually a Rams fan.

the user formerly known as cdclt

46 minutes ago, Unwind said:

This is a super rough mockup, but getting rid of the patch, switching Bone to white and using the home sleeves makes a huge difference.

spacer.png

I’d make the sleeve yellow and the horn blue (like the classic since that was the idea), but this is basically what the bone jersey sleeves should look like.

I have no clue why they made an entirely different jersey than the home blue. That’s so frustrating.

11 minutes ago, chakfu said:

Most astounding detail:

White background patch on the bone uniform.

If the patch was required...couldn't they have at least made it bone with yellow zizags?

10 minutes ago, chakfu said:

Most astounding detail:

White background patch on the bone uniform.

I was wondering if they used white accents to help show it's not just dirty white laundry or poor lighting? Seeing the white next to it helps make the 'bone' look intentional. 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

4 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

If the patch was required...couldn't they have at least made it bone with yellow zizags?

Both patches on the bone uniform are the wrong color. Almost everything that makes the blue jersey really cool someone in that design room said “alright now get rid of everything for the bone jersey.”

Archived