Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

i agree that if the rams wanted to do the pretentious   "DECONSTRUCTED" ////// "POST-MODERN" TM   look they should've just contacted Virgil Abloh.

It wouldn't be his first foray into the NFL...

0116-off-white-fashion-show-fall-winter-

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Talking about this website.

Making fun of random Twitter or Reddit or whatever trends is low effort.

I've seen an unironic fire emoji in the Concepts section of this very board. Careful, it's spreading.

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, j'villejags said:

I thought they are calling it 'Sol'? They've got me saying Bone but Sol hasn't really caught on. I honestly can't keep up with the gold/yellow debate very well, so maybe Sol is the way to go. 

Yeah, I know. I just think it’s way too bright to be called gold. It’s the brightest yellow in the league, I believe, except maybe the one that appears in the Steelers’ logo but not on their uniforms. 

For what it’s worth, the organization itself describes the color as a shade of yellow. 

41 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That video suggests that all-blue will be the default primary, making a bad uniform even worse. I still blame the Seahawks.

The Seahawks actually look halfway decent in it, though. Nobody else does except maybe if the Ravens were to go mono-purple. (They could pull off mono-black if their black pants had some sort of stripe on them.)

20 minutes ago, QCS said:

I've seen an unironic fire emoji in the Concepts section of this very board. Careful, it's spreading.

Whatever. It's fine. People can like things and use fire or whatever emojis. 🥵🥵🥵

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm gonna start a petition to allow the Rams to play 16 home games. I'd rather have that then to ever see those road unis see the light of day.  The grey would be passable if they had some sort of matching sleeve horns / caps. The terrible stretched sleeve numbers. A damn near invisible white 'horn'.  And I'm not even gonna start on the shoulder patch nonsense.

That being said. I personally love the helmet. Split horn and all. The home looks great, don't even mind the gradient.

If only one Nike trend could be eliminated from all of their unis for me it would be the reflective garbage. Looks awful in college basketball and worse here.

5 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I'm expecting the response from the Rams' FO (as of this point) to be akin to this:

i SpEnD 8 to 12 HoUrs oN EMaiLS

(That 90 min Yandere Sim video was incredible, by the way)

"Do you want to know what makes this team so hard to make uniforms for? I have to spend 8 to 12 hours just responding to tweets! Don't make stupid tweets if you want this rebrand to get released!" - Kevin "YandeRam Dev" Demoff

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 minute ago, QCS said:

(That 90 min Yandere Sim video was incredible, by the way)

"Do you want to know what makes this team so hard to make uniforms for? I have to spend 8 to 12 hours just responding to tweets! Don't make stupid tweets if you want this rebrand to get released!" - Kevin "YandeRam Dev" Demoff

“Nike was going to come in and fix my awful designs. But I turned them away for offering options about our issues. That’s why we went in this direction.” banned from Demoff discord

This whole uniform is an “else if” statement made flesh. Clunky, inefficient, and painful. Granted, they’ll redesign before Yandere Dev finally releases his scam. 

For those of you comparing the numerals to soccer uniforms, I say: How dare you. How dare you... lump this mess in with the likes of Australian women's pro soccer.

spacer.png

Looking at this, I'd like to hazard a guess at what happened throughout the protracted design process. The Rams came to town and shook off as much of their gold as they could, becoming primarily navy and white. This was the look ownership wanted, they turned to Nike to make something so basic into something more proprietary, and the end result was... blue and bone. Bright blue and bone. Big bouncy bingo balls of bright blue and bone. Problem was, they put on the throwbacks, and the fanbase could not stop throwing money at them. Now, we hit the stadium delays, and ownership has a couple unexpected years to stew on this process, while the fans keep buying retro merch, and the yellow gets pushed even harder with the Color Rush set. Fans want blue and yellow. Owners and Nike put all this effort into blue and bone. So you end up with blue and yellow and also bone.

You know what really cements this idea for me? The whole deal with the "bone" color is that it's supposed to mimic the natural color of a ram's horn, right? Okay, now look at the horns on the helmet. Now look at the horn-approximating curvatures on both jerseys. The one thing that's this "bone" color in real life is the only thing that isn't "bone" anywhere on the uniform! Because they had to cram that yellow in somewhere, and the fans buy the throwbacks, screw it, yellow horns, that's lunch.

Everything else is a mess of chasing supposed trends produced by Nike ex post rectum, combined with a deep thirst for getting in on a fleeting, disposable #brand culture at a time when the reasons and means for doing so are crumbling before our eyes. For that reason, I say that these atrocious and sloppy uniforms are the perfect product for their time and place, I give them a 12/10, and look forward to the Rams not playing a single game in them this year.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived