OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Based on that image, it's one decal, that is transparent where the segments are.  I thought it was maybe multiple decals.  It looks bad where the transparent part goes over the vent hole, and the front yellow part seems not to have been applied very well.

at first I was ok with trying the segmented horn but over the last week it's already a stale...it's going to have no staying power.

15 minutes ago, guest23 said:

at first I was ok with trying the segmented horn but over the last week it's already a stale...it's going to have no staying power.

Yea I was ok with it on the LA logo, but now it looks weird.

On 5/18/2020 at 7:19 PM, ramsker said:

Do Deleware and Michigan have the wings as part of the paint or is it a decal? It seems that they are painted, and that leads me to wonder why the Rams haven't gone that way with the horns. 

This video has appeared on this board before, but it’s worth the repost:

https://youtu.be/Vmx29eKYQZQ

22 hours ago, colortv said:

EYGpmNcUwAEQUbz?format=jpg&name=medium

They only need the yellow pants. The league doesn’t even sell the pants so why do teams need so many?

51 minutes ago, JLJ said:

They only need the yellow pants. The league doesn’t even sell the pants so why do teams need so many?

Despite what many on this board would recommend, few teams are reducing uniform options. Most are expanding. I am surprised LA didn't go with complete mix and max options as they have no plans for bone on color. I have a feeling NE will breakout alt pants with no fanfare this year too. 

15 minutes ago, crosfam said:

Despite what many on this board would recommend, few teams are reducing uniform options. Most are expanding. I am surprised LA didn't go with complete mix and max options as they have no plans for bone on color. I have a feeling NE will breakout alt pants with no fanfare this year too. 

I saw that GUD (gridiron uniforms database http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=main) added the new uniforms to their site, (if you click on the 2019 games on a certain combo, you have to change the 2019 in the image link to 2020, and you can change the letter after it to switch uniform combinations) and obviously it could just be just in case, but they have the Pats with white pants as well.

2020_NE_D.png2020_NE_B.png

Honestly looks sooooo much better compared to the navy pants.

They also have orange pants for the Browns deep in the archives.

2020_CLE_H.png2020_CLE_I.png

Also just noticed that there's a stupid 1946 mark on the back of the inner collar 😐 (same goes with the Pats too, really man?)

On 5/20/2020 at 12:30 AM, colortv said:

The worst part about the gradient numbers is that it just looks like the yellow has been bleached out of the numbers. It just looks like chit

It is me or do these uniforms look worse as each day passes. Some teams you just can't do a huge overhaul to. The Rams did a good job in 2000, changed the gold, put the new logo on the sleeves and kept the Rams horn in one piece. The horn just doesn't make sense. That dumb name tag with the sewing machine running out of thread look is awful. I though the gradient Falcons jersey was bad but the Rams are actually worse because the numbers look ridiculous on the Blue jerseys(the font is terrible too) and it's their home jersey. Someone earlier posted that the shoulders looked like a radio station logo, pretty damn funny. This should have been a slam dunk but the Rams pulled a Charles Smith(one of the most painful moments for me as a Knick fan and for you youngsters, refer to game 5, 1993 playoffs Bulls vs. Knicks last ten seconds). WOW, the Buccaneers have better uniforms than the Rams, just Wow.

7 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

I saw that GUD (gridiron uniforms database http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=main) added the new uniforms to their site, (if you click on the 2019 games on a certain combo, you have to change the 2019 in the image link to 2020, and you can change the letter after it to switch uniform combinations) and obviously it could just be just in case, but they have the Pats with white pants as well.

2020_NE_D.png2020_NE_B.png

2020_CLE_H.png2020_CLE_I.png

Also just noticed that there's a stupid 1946 mark on the back of the inner collar 😐 (same goes with the Pats too, really man?)

It's so frustrating that they use #11 for everything on that site.

It's only half the reference it should be, because it doesn't give you any sense for the number font, which is a big part of the uniform.

9 hours ago, JLJ said:

Because fire emojis and drip and abbreviations and Marketingspeak

57 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Because fire emojis and drip and abbreviations and Marketingspeak

Be careful. Some members on here might call you an old man and say that you are yelling at clouds.

32 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Be careful. Some members on here might call you an old man and say that you are yelling at clouds.

Guilty as charged 🙂

Sammy Hagar can't drive my age

17 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Based on that image, it's one decal, that is transparent where the segments are.  I thought it was maybe multiple decals.  It looks bad where the transparent part goes over the vent hole, and the front yellow part seems not to have been applied very well.

This is bad. I kinda assumed that part of the reason they split the design is that it'd make for an easier 2-part application. If they were going to make it one piece, they should've just put it against the darker blue with a bit of a keyline to make it stand out a bit more. I really wish they'd followed the Vikings on this one. As time goes on, that overhaul is looking better and better. The closest to a 'modern classic' we've had in 20 years.

The Rams new road uniforms are confusing me. So the main color is gray, as you can see here:Rams unveil new uniforms with classic colors, modern twists | Star ...Rams to unveil two more new uniforms as alternates and here's a ...

But on retail it looks almost tan-ish?Andrew Siciliano on Twitter: "Closer look at the @RamsNFL new ...ff_3689252-77d708bc54947e5564bdalt1_full.jpg&w=900 

Very confusing, is it tan, or am I just coo-coo?

I think the helmet is fine.  The dumb rubberized/gradient numbers and the whole "bone" approach is where it really goes off the rails.

On 5/20/2020 at 10:04 PM, Bruhammydude said:

There is a blog post about all the new stuff.

http://nfluniforms.blogspot.com/2020/05/new-uniforms-of-2020.html

1 hour ago, Bruhammydude said:

The Rams new road uniforms are confusing me. So the main color is gray, as you can see here:Rams unveil new uniforms with classic colors, modern twists | Star ...Rams to unveil two more new uniforms as alternates and here's a ...

But on retail it looks almost tan-ish?Andrew Siciliano on Twitter: "Closer look at the @RamsNFL new ...ff_3689252-77d708bc54947e5564bdalt1_full.jpg&w=900 

Family Guy Vomit GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

8 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

I don't hate that they went unconventional for the white/away jersey, base color I hate the fact that they chose a wonky number font when the traditional block number font would have looked so much better

On 5/20/2020 at 12:30 AM, colortv said:

Looks like a bad 1990’s screen printing job from your local sporting goods store...brutal.  

Falcons:  “Watch us FAIL as we introduce a gradient jersey!”

Rams:  “Hey Nike!  We need to one-up THAT!”