OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

12 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

spacer.png

This picture does make me really angry that the NFL mandates white chinstraps.   Imagine how amazing this helmet would look if it was blue. The horns would be the only contrasting color, and would really read beautifully. 

If they got rid of the gradients, the "Hello, I'm..." patch, and the blue pants it's a decent home uniform.

The road is unsalvageable, however.

I really like the home apart from the gradient on the numbers. All yellow numbers and I wouldn't change a thing. 

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

It's just better

ai57fXq.png

Yeesh.  I don't really like what the Rams have done with this new look, and the best thing to me in the entire drop was the helmet color.  Not only does this eliminate that, it creates a mismatched blue that doesn't exist in the entire rest of the uniform, while leaving every other aspect that drags it down.  

We all like what we like, but to me, that's a clear downgrade from what is already a look that has plenty of issues.

18 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Guys.

They grew on me.

I'm not saying I like them,

but they've grown on me.

Like a fungus.

Perhaps I'll have to take my love for the mismatched helmet to the "Unpopular Opinions" thread LOL

5 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Perhaps I'll have to take my love for the mismatched helmet to the "Unpopular Opinions" thread LOL

Nah the dark helmet over the royal is the Rams look. That's all they had to do was adopt the throwbacks and they were set. Nothing about this new look especially the helmet is worth keeping. Ditch it.

On 6/14/2020 at 6:23 PM, andrewharrington said:

I see where you’re coming from because I’ve always held this opinion regarding the throwbacks, but I think the new design executes it better. To me, the new shoulder design reads more like a complementary stripe than the old one, which was much more of a copy/paste repeat of the helmet design (that got butchered as the uniform cut evolved). I actually wish they would have gone with a blue version of this stripe on the road uniform.

spacer.png

This is terrible haha. Like something out of a cartoon

On 6/15/2020 at 7:44 AM, Gothamite said:

I would have preferred a slightly darker royal blue, even Dodger blue.  But the helmet does look great. 

As a Braves fan, I loath the dodgers...but they do have a crisp and beautiful color schemeClayton+Kershaw+San+Francisco+Giants+v+L

There's a point early in the video where the one of the designers says, 

"The challenges when there's no restraints, you can tend to go down rabbit holes."

That was like George Lucas in the Phantom Menace documentary saying, "Jar Jar is the key."

Looks like at some point a full shoulder horn was considered, but looking at this image it really seems too cluttered. Also did they not consider extending the forward part of the horn to the armpit?

EZSJoBWUEAEPx7l?format=jpg&name=large

I know there are plenty of examples of shoulder numbers not matching the main ones, but it might've been easier if the Rams didn't insist on a particularly extreme mismatch.

4 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Looks like at some point a full shoulder horn was considered, but looking at this image it really seems too cluttered. Also did they not consider extending the forward part of the horn to the armpit?

EZSJoBWUEAEPx7l?format=jpg&name=large

I think the black face mask is somehow more concerning.

🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Ben in LA said:

🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

I've said this before...I don't mind the gradient numbers...yellow pants will always look better with the blue jerseys than the blue pants...the horns on the helmet look too thick (this was also my previous criticism of the Madden team's artistry in May). 

All that Madden video does is reinforce my belief that the Chargers new uniforms are incredible and the Rams are not.

6 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Putting the number over back half of the horn isn't a terrible idea, but it probably doesn't work quite so well when overlapping white over yellow.

Why force a number at all in there now that it's not needed?  Either let the space be blank, or put a small LA logo in there.