Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

9 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Looks like at some point a full shoulder horn was considered, but looking at this image it really seems too cluttered. Also did they not consider extending the forward part of the horn to the armpit?

EZSJoBWUEAEPx7l?format=jpg&name=large

Agree with the shoulders for the Ram's horn. The numbers on the arm make it look clutter.

And @_DietDrPepper_ is right. I'm concerned about the black facemasks. And still seeing the Ram's horn just makes me hate the logo and the uniforms more.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Why force a number at all in there now that it's not needed?  Either let the space be blank, or put a small LA logo in there.

Its usually a complementary element.

What's interesting is they definitely liked the idea of the number overlapping the stripe because that's what they did on the road jersey. To make the number visible they dropped the front half of the horn, made the gap yellow, and the back end white. You can absolutely see how this idea morphed into the half-horn we see on the road uniform. The prototype has the same effect of the number riding a wave that translated to the bone jersey. 

It's not a terrible idea but it runs into two problems: 1. not enough contrast using a single color number against a yellow space and 2. the swoosh gets in the way, especially if you use the full curl of the horn. Those problems go away using the lighter base against a blue number and the truncated horn.  

18 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The italicized numbers on the helmet look better when the helmet is facing left. Too bad since helmets are generally pictured facing the other way.

I'd like to buy one of those new LA Rams road jerseys, but I can't think of a single player whose number I'd care enough about to buy. No former Bills, no former Seahawks, and no one "cool." Aaron Donald is great but I couldn't tell you what he looks like, Jared Goff is a fraud, and Cooper Kupp looks and his name sounds like he should be in lacrosse instead.

One thing hockey and soccer have over other Americans sports is their jerseys look just fine without numbers. While it might be hilarious for a football team to have a giant logo across the chest rather than numbers, it would also be heinous.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I'd like to buy one of those new LA Rams road jerseys, but I can't think of a single player whose number I'd care enough about to buy. No former Bills, no former Seahawks, and no one "cool." Aaron Donald is great but I couldn't tell you what he looks like, Jared Goff is a fraud, and Cooper Kupp looks and his name sounds like he should be in lacrosse instead.

One thing hockey and soccer have over other Americans sports is their jerseys look just fine without numbers. While it might be hilarious for a football team to have a giant logo across the chest rather than numbers, it would also be heinous.

A Jalen Ramsey Rams jersey is too hard to pass. How often does the player’s name include the team name?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

16 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

A Jalen Ramsey Rams jersey is too hard to pass. How often does the player’s name include the team name?

Ken Houston and Joe Washington had the opposite.  

Jim Brown.

Robbie Gould with the 49ers🤣🤣🤣

It's where I sit.

On 6/2/2020 at 10:47 PM, uk-owns-iu said:

I haven't been on this board in quite a while due to work so I missed the :censored: show when the Rams unveiled and I'm too lazy to scroll through 100 pages to see all the comments but all I can say is the following...

1. The fact that the Chargers actually beat everyone at something is amazing although I hate it because I want the team to fail and move to St. Louis.

2. I can't stand gradients but in the spirit of not complaining about everything, which I'm getting ready to do, I'll give them a pass on this with the belief that maybe they were trying to please both the blue/white and blue/yellow group at the same time.

3. The blue jersey is salvageable but wtf with the white jersey. It's not even white and you can't even see the yellow horn on it. I noticed in the video where they discussed the process they never showed who raised their hand and said that would be a good idea.

4. When I looked at the patch from a far I saw Los Angeles Rams but after looking at it closer it's Rams and then a different color stitch. What's the deal with that? I'm guessing that's a placeholder for an ad.

5. The horn still looks like the Chargers logo and Karen's hair. It needs to be fixed.

6. The STL GSOT jerseys are still the best although the navy and gold with the gold shoulder stripe is a close 2nd. 

Karen’s hair? Haha, Los Angeles Karens. 

On 6/19/2020 at 3:33 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

You should try Stan Kroenke. People seem to like him. 

39 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

I always wanted Martin St. Louis to come to the Blues somehow 

This past winter, when I took my sons to see the St. Louis Ambush indoor soccer club for the first time, I was disappointed to see the team's jerseys. I thought, "do they seriously just put the city's name on the back or the jersey instead of the players name?"

Turns out I had only seen the jersey of one player: Stefan St. Louis.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

This past winter, when I took my sons to see the St. Louis Ambush indoor soccer club for the first time, I was disappointed to see the team's jerseys. I thought, "do they seriously just put the city's name on the back or the jersey instead of the players name?"

Turns out I had only seen the jersey of one player: Stefan St. Louis.

spacer.png

Nice! I have not gotten to a game yet but have been wanting too. Cool pic

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Miroslav Satan needed to play in Jersey.

6 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Still look absurdly bad. Kinda pathetic actually. 

Seriously, the more I see the Rams rebrand, the more horrible it looks. They started with the correct blue and yellow, and then went totally rogue from there. What a mess. 

11 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

I don’t hate it if this is what it’ll look like.

That looks way better than the current home and away. No gradient, and numbers on the sleeve without crossing over the stripe. Never been a fan of all yellow but still.

Archived