Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ramsker said:

The Many Combinations Of WVU Football Uniforms - The Smoking Musket

I dig it. Would still prefer a White Jersey with Yellow Pants like their pretty much perfect classic away set. 

Word Association with Marshall Faulk | GQ

They really should just pull a Cowboys or LSU and wear these Home and Away. 

To the best of my recollection they were a predominantly white at home team during the anaheim years and both stints at the coliseum. Maybe they will go with the modern interpretation of the anaheim set and make blue/bone/yellow their combo of choice.

2 minutes ago, guest23 said:

To the best of my recollection they were a predominantly white at home team during the anaheim years and both stints at the coliseum. Maybe they will go with the modern interpretation of the anaheim set and make blue/bone/yellow their combo of choice.

Or they push monocolor as the main identity like the Falcons are doing. 😛

1 hour ago, guest23 said:

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

Or they push monocolor as the main identity like the Falcons are doing. 😛

27 minutes ago, dont care said:

That’s what they are doing...

I'm pretty sure they've specifically stated the the only combinations they plan on using are blue/blue/blue, blue/blue/yellow and blue/gray/gray.

14 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm pretty sure they've specifically stated the the only combinations they plan on using are blue/blue/blue, blue/blue/yellow and blue/gray/gray.

How many unveilings have we seen where the intended combos almost never make to to the field or the team gravitates to combos not intended? Given that this whole redesign has gone over so poorly I could easily see them trying to replicate a traditional anaheim look to appease the nostalgic fan base. Not saying it's certain but I won't be surprised if mono is poorly received.

3 hours ago, guest23 said:

How many unveilings have we seen where the intended combos almost never make to to the field or the team gravitates to combos not intended? Given that this whole redesign has gone over so poorly I could easily see them trying to replicate a traditional anaheim look to appease the nostalgic fan base. Not saying it's certain but I won't be surprised if mono is poorly received.

With the complete lack of a white jersey, replicating the old road uni seems pretty impossible.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

With the complete lack of a white jersey, replicating the old road uni seems pretty impossible.

Which is why I said blue/bone/yellow would be the modern interpretation of said look.

19 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

For this upcoming year yes, but they have two new sets coming out over the next two years. I would think that they would be open to playing around with combos after this year as well. 

On 7/1/2020 at 6:30 PM, L10nheart404 said:

Falcons, Patriots, Seahawks, Titans for the most part.

MonOcHRoMe iS fIRe 🔥 

Sorry, I’ll stop mocking it when people stop trying to force mono. The Seahawks make it work. Everyone else should just let them have it. 

4 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

MonOcHRoMe iS fIRe 🔥 

Sorry, I’ll stop mocking it when people stop trying to force mono. The Seahawks make it work. Everyone else should just let them have it. 

I'm anti-monochrome, so let me ask this -- does Seattle "work" because it is all they've ever done? I (again) don't like monochrome, so I disagree with your assessment that they make it work. I prefer their navy over gray OR navy over white to monochrome.

It's where I sit.

On 7/4/2020 at 6:32 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

I'm anti-monochrome, so let me ask this -- does Seattle "work" because it is all they've ever done? I (again) don't like monochrome, so I disagree with your assessment that they make it work. I prefer their navy over gray OR navy over white to monochrome.

I just think they took that look and really made it their own. Their uniforms use a number of elements I don’t normally like, but they all seem to tie together somehow. Pete Carroll must have The Dude’s rug. 

Cases where I don't like monochrome usually involve either...

1) A traditional team trying to hard to fake it and subsequently failing in being "cool" (Packers, Chiefs)

or

2) A team can't commit to the look fully, resulting in some kind of element like a different-colored helmet or socks sticking out way too much from everything else and ruining the balance of it all (Browns, Cardinals)

In contrast, Seattle's monochrome is well done because it suits their modern identity and everything is well balanced color-wise. The set was designed to be worn in monochrome combinations specifically and it shows.

spacer.png

Archived