Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, guest23 said:

so I stumbled upon a latimes headline that the rams just sold out an apparel collab with born x raised so I went to check it out...new branding nowhere to be found.

https://bornxraised.com/pages/born-x-rams-lookbookspacer.png

BXR usually uses classic logos on their licensed pieces, but that’s probably a function of the two biggest LA sports brands both having classic identities as much as anything, and the third has a pretty beloved throwback identity of its own. I did see this, though. Doesn’t have quite the same effect on streetwear as the old identity.

spacer.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 6/30/2020 at 11:34 AM, Ridleylash said:

1a02ff2bf31e9bef77d6936692c7e616.jpg

This looks like one of those 'performance' paintings where some bearded guy in a tie dye t-shirt dips his brushes and hands into impossibly viscous paint, making sloppy, seemingly random marks all over a black canvas to a medley of Jimi Hendrix songs, then flips it over at the end to reveal it's a portrait of Ghandi.

Chargers look incredible!  Easily went from one of the worst/blandest looks to one of the best in the NFL.  Don't mind the italic numbers at all.  The Steelers pulled it off and now have the Chargers.  My only criticism of the Chargers' new look is the royal blue color rush.  It's not bad but they should leave that color to the Rams.  The navy jersey can stay, however,  Although the Chargers look much better than the Rams, they will still be the 2nd team in Los Angeles (they should had never left San Diego).

As for the Rams, I love the return to royal blue/athletic gold and the helmet is nice .  I'm glad they didn't go with a bland navy blue/white scheme. But the bone off-white color they're trying to pull off with the road whites doesn't mesh well with the brighter colors. (and why is there a white stripe on the off-white pants?)  At least their gradient numbers aren't as distracting as the Falcons new red/black jersey. The Rams' new primary logo isn't truly great but it isn't as bad as people make it out to be.  Overall, a mixture of good and bad .

It's so nice that Spanos waited to make a move that could've gotten him a bit more favor with the crowds in San Diego until after he left San Diego.

:censored: you, Spanos.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

3 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

It's so nice that Spanos waited to make a move that could've gotten him a bit more favor with the crowds in San Diego until after he left San Diego.

:censored: you, Spanos.

Wouldn't have made a difference.  San Diegans didn't want to contribute to a new stadium.

Even if they had (and had the stadium survived legal challenges), COVID-19 would have killed the revenue source to pay off the bonds.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/chargers-rams/story/2020-06-25/chargers-stadium-san-diego-voters-reject-initiative-nfl

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

Spanos never wanted to stay in San Diego. He paid more to relocate than he ever committed to contributing to a new stadium in SD. The fans didn’t want to pay more taxes for an owner who had no desire to keep his team in town and made that clear by refusing to take the steps necessary to put a good product on the field. Spanos is scum and the blame lays solely at his feet. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

16 hours ago, disman00911 said:

But the bone off-white color they're trying to pull off with the road whites doesn't mesh well with the brighter colors.

I’m predicting that bone jersey might be a bit more popular than people think

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

5 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

Spanos never wanted to stay in San Diego. He paid more to relocate than he ever committed to contributing to a new stadium in SD. The fans didn’t want to pay more taxes for an owner who had no desire to keep his team in town and made that clear by refusing to take the steps necessary to put a good product on the field. Spanos is scum and the blame lays solely at his feet. 

From 2000 to 2018 the Chargers had the 12th best winning percentage. I don't buy he wasn't trying to field a team. 

22 hours ago, upperV03 said:

First time we’ve seen the new Chargers uniforms (just the powder over yellow combo) on actual players, and damn do they look good:

spacer.pngspacer.png

While these are a drastic improvement from the neck down with the bolt patterns on the jersey and pants being near perfect, I have to subtract points for the bolts having 3 different colorations yellow/blue, yellow/white, and white/yellow. Also the white #'s outlined in yellow add yet another another variation. An possible solution would have been to create a standard yellow bolt pattern with a blue inner outline and white outer outline. For this reason I still hold the Seau era as the best iteration with this update being a modern interpretation of the the classic colors inconsistently applied.

1 hour ago, guest23 said:

While these are a drastic improvement from the neck down with the bolt patterns on the jersey and pants being near perfect, I have to subtract points for the bolts having 3 different colorations yellow/blue, yellow/white, and white/yellow. Also the white #'s outlined in yellow add yet another another variation. An possible solution would have been to create a standard yellow bolt pattern with a blue inner outline and white outer outline. For this reason I still hold the Seau era as the best iteration with this update being a modern interpretation of the the classic colors inconsistently applied.

I've seen this particular critique of the uniform a few times, and I don't get it. Slavish dedication to consistency is just asking for trouble, IMO.  In the case of the Chargers, that has generally led to multiple outlines around the bolts, needlessly complicating everything.

If perfect consistency in uniform stripes and elements is really your thing, you always have the 80's Oilers. They kind of did it first, better, and basically put it to bed. No one else need apply.

Archived