Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

That's a great helmet.

I actually like that helmet. I think putting numbers on the shoulder would make the home uniforms that much better. I'm still not sold on the chest patches that don't match.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Yeah I can't see past the moon.  I can't believe that someone thought that taking their single most identifying symbol and slashing it into multiple pieces was a good idea.

I'd love to get the same "behind the curtain" look at this that we did with the Kraken.  I'd love to know what the team's direction was vs what Nike's agenda was.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 6/19/2020 at 3:33 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I'd like to buy one of those new LA Rams road jerseys, but I can't think of a single player whose number I'd care enough about to buy. No former Bills, no former Seahawks, and no one "cool." Aaron Donald is great but I couldn't tell you what he looks like, Jared Goff is a fraud, and Cooper Kupp looks and his name sounds like he should be in lacrosse instead.

One thing hockey and soccer have over other Americans sports is their jerseys look just fine without numbers. While it might be hilarious for a football team to have a giant logo across the chest rather than numbers, it would also be heinous.

In order: Aaron Donald sort of resembles a cross between Steph Curry and Jerome Bettis...and agreed, I'd come across some blank football jerseys at a tent sale about 15 years ago, and bought a couple (Tennessee Oilers and 90s Patriots).  More recently, I bought a blank jersey from Salvation Army that I haven't figured out what to do with (ironically, I'd have long ago figured something out were it solid color).  Football jerseys need numbers in a way hockey, baseball and soccer jerseys don't.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Do we know if the Chargers and Rams will have their own logos yet at the 50 yard line of SoFi or will they go with the NFL shield? I understand the convenience of the shield, and remember when the Jets and Giants tried switching logos and scratched it (due to slick turf if I remember correctly?) but I think it looks so cheap and neutral when the shield is there instead of the team logos. Would love for a way that LA could have the logos without compromising safety. 

13 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Back to the good looking LA team, here are some good looks at the players in the powder over white combo:

I can't believe someone decided to post that pic of 56 looking like a total clown in his biker shorts, white spandex, and low socks.  Maybe showing a "look at me" player modifying the uniform isn't the best decision when you're trying to show off how good said uniform looks.   

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I can't believe someone decided to post that pic of 56 looking like a total clown in his biker shorts, white spandex, and low socks.  Maybe showing a "look at me" player modifying the uniform isn't the best decision when you're trying to show off how good said uniform looks.   

The uniform looks good in a couple combinations, but this indicates to me that they’re going to wear all the combinations that don’t look good. 

9 hours ago, PhlyBoy said:

Do we know if the Chargers and Rams will have their own logos yet at the 50 yard line of SoFi or will they go with the NFL shield? I understand the convenience of the shield, and remember when the Jets and Giants tried switching logos and scratched it (due to slick turf if I remember correctly?) but I think it looks so cheap and neutral when the shield is there instead of the team logos. Would love for a way that LA could have the logos without compromising safety. 

They'll have their own. Demhoff even mentioned that the Rams will use both new logos at midfield throughout the year. 

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The uniform looks good in a couple combinations, but this indicates to me that they’re going to wear all the combinations that don’t look good. 

It also shows that they really need to go back to regulating footwear.  While I prefer white for this uniform, either white or black would work, but they shouldn't both appear on the field together.

5 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It also shows that they really need to go back to regulating footwear.  While I prefer white for this uniform, either white or black would work, but they shouldn't both appear on the field together.

I agree but it looks too little leaguish to me....I'm all about looking good and looking sharp and sweet...but there has to be a line drawn in the sand between professionalism and dressing up like a 90s music video ..nfl made a major mistake in 2017 loosening the footwear and sock regulations last year 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived