OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

I don't hate the Rams uniforms. I love the shade of blue they chose.

But, I'm looking forward to them changing uniforms again in 5 years. Hopefully the horn resembles the old school yellow one.

10 hours ago, henburg said:

This is our first look at the new Rams set on an actual human being, with more coming soon apparently. I think we can all agree that they at least nailed the color scheme.

Which, IMO, was the easiest part

It's really bad.  Just look at the sleeves - looks totally different on a human than in the drawings and retail versions. Still not sure why they felt they needed a TV number on the dark jersey - it's basically worthless if not on the shoulder.

Dumb-ass Rams.  I think this has been mentioned before, but it really is the Homer-car of uniforms.

1 hour ago, JayMac said:

Which, IMO, was the easiest part

Arguably, the helmet should have been the easiest because it's worked in multiple color schemes. The helmet isn't bad but it is worse than expectations.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Still not sure why they felt they needed a TV number on the dark jersey?

The dark jersey has a TV number?

12 hours ago, henburg said:

This is our first look at the new Rams set on an actual human being, with more coming soon apparently. I think we can all agree that they at least nailed the color scheme.

So the got the easiest part right and failed everywhere else with this uniform that looks like it was designed by 3 people that didn’t talk to eachother

Kinda wondering why they didn't make the blue arcing space on the helmet decal the orange color. Would have been much subtle, would have made the decal fit better with the orange accents on the numbers, and would have still created enhanced 3D ram horn. 

while I get the traditional navy helmet was too dark to be uniform I think the helmet or at least the face mask should be a shade darker 

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The dark jersey has a TV number?

oops - had it reversed. I expect the number on the boner jersey to be Completely illegible once on a real person. 

39 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Kinda wondering why they didn't make the blue arcing space on the helmet decal the orange color. Would have been much subtle, would have made the decal fit better with the orange accents on the numbers, and would have still created enhanced 3D ram horn. 

Agreed.

Had the done that with the sleeve cap 'horns', it would have given some cohesion to the entire home set (gradient across all elements).

EelpugIU0AA2Dzy?format=jpg&name=4096x409
EelpugJU8AI21Zb?format=jpg&name=4096x409
EelpugLUcAAFO_0?format=jpg&name=4096x409

More photos courtesy of Rams Twitter. Also video

A couple of notes:

1. The screen printed material and numbers appear to be mildly reflective so it's anyone's guess how that will look. 

2. There might be an issue with the gold on the jersey/pants/numbers not matching the helmet.

3. The picture from the gradient up only, makes me wish they had committed to no gradient. It actually looks ok (if you don't mind the broken horns). It would even have been ok if they'd gone all-in on the gradient so you would get the jarring effect of gradient on the numbers but nowhere else. 

Holy :censored: I love that color scheme.

But man oh man, do I hate monochrome uniforms.  Hideous.

I don't understand why the Rams moved back to LA just to make me hate football.

If you remove the half-moon crescent, you've got a helluva nice helmet for a team named the Mountain Goats. 

Using the st louis arch on the shoulders of the home jersey is a really nice tribute to their former host city.spacer.png

Honestly, wear yellow/gold pants all the time and you'll have a servicable home uniform for the next five years until you can go back to the throwbacks.

Best they can look? Nope. Need to change back ASAP? Yup. But it'll make them meh instead of blech.

I think the Rams patch and little squiggle stitch looks super cool.

Rams social media staff need to cool it with "fresh" and "clean" and "fire" immediately because they're making themselves (and me) look bad for their design choices.

The all-blue sucks, and looks even stupider with solid blue socks ending in white shoes.  You laugh at your dopey uncle when he shows up to the BBQ wearing tall colored socks with his bright white sneakers. Dummies.

Also, IMO shiney reflective elements screened onto fabric always look super cheap. Stiched on twill looks professional, and you really can't go wrong with it.

I'm convinced more than ever that every team needs a designated nerd to prevent this from happening. I'm free, so just DM me for my contact info.