OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

1 hour ago, guest23 said:

I would say that's a fairly accurate description whether it's photo shoots or scripted live action you often get individuals from art backgrounds with little knowledge or interest of sportsball. They just have a hard time relating to to the activity so the result ends up being a fun parody of being fierce etc.

Only thing is, the live humans pictured are actual LA Rams players, aren’t they?

This is from a 5-second Google image search on Nike uniform unveiling (note - I'm not saying this is unique to Nike):

Maybe it's just perspective, but this dude's arm looks like it's as long as his whole body:

Jaguars-Blackmon-NFL-Nike-Elite-51-Unifo.

Fly Duck Fly

ECMSy1hU0AA-qVL.jpg

These jabronis look like they have short-stubby arms by comparison - again, what's with the arms-down flex???

nbc_pft_bucsnewuniforms_200408.jpg

Why you so mad bro?

EVFWdWUWsAU2poa.jpg.

Again... why the flex?  Who walks around like this?

23641378-fee6-4dfa-b1c1-754bf8fa26a4-202

Glad I dropped this team after they left town and got embarrassed in the Super Bowl. I'd be really annoyed if a team I rooted for trotted these out. Now it's just funny

20 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

This is from a 5-second Google image search on Nike uniform unveiling (note - I'm not saying this is unique to Nike):

Maybe it's just perspective, but this dude's arm looks like it's as long as his whole body:

Jaguars-Blackmon-NFL-Nike-Elite-51-Unifo.

Fly Duck Fly

ECMSy1hU0AA-qVL.jpg

Well, from shoulder blade to fingertip is half of the body's height. 

800px-Da_Vinci_Vitruve_Luc_Viatour.jpg

The warped perspective of the photograph makes sense.

20 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

These jabronis look like they have short-stubby arms by comparison - again, what's with the arms-down flex???

nbc_pft_bucsnewuniforms_200408.jpg

Why you so mad bro?

EVFWdWUWsAU2poa.jpg.

Again... why the flex?  Who walks around like this?

These promo photos are so often a parody of football testosterone.  Pretty sure the players enjoy putting on these little displays for the camera. 

20 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Only thing is, the live humans pictured are actual LA Rams players, aren’t they?

Correct. Whether instructing actual players or models/actors the same story plays out.

On 8/11/2020 at 11:16 AM, ramsjetsthunder said:

Oh we're ranking?

1. Bone uniform

2. Number font

3. Gradient usage

4. Segmented horns

5. Not-navy helmet

On 8/11/2020 at 12:05 PM, dont care said:

You want a mismatching helmet?

On 8/11/2020 at 1:45 PM, ramsjetsthunder said:

It was beauty

On 8/11/2020 at 1:45 PM, ramsjetsthunder said:

Absolutely agree. There is too much royal going on now. The new helmet looks much better with the bone jerseys. Give me the darker helmet every day of the week. 

I don't think anyone is denying that the helmet finish is wonderful, it's the decal and the rest of the identity that's letting us down.

A pet peeve of mine on the helmet is the facemask isn't the same finish as the helmet. It's just a regular blue...no metallic paint. Would have been a bit better if had the same finish. 

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

A pet peeve of mine on the helmet is the facemask isn't the same finish as the helmet. It's just a regular blue...no metallic paint. Would have been a bit better if had the same finish. 

I’m pretty sure they are metallic, I don’t think the colors would match so well if they weren’t.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

I’m pretty sure they are metallic, I don’t think the colors would match so well if they weren’t.

Boned: A Close Look at the Rams' New UniformsLA Rams unveil new uniforms | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Looks like a regular blue non-metallic paint. Mini helmets are regular blue facemasks (and are metallic silver for the Lions). 

In all the time leading up to the Rams change I never thought they would mess with the horn... what a travesty especially when you see how nice a full horn would look even if you used this shape but made it curl at the end...

2 minutes ago, hugevolsfan said:

In all the time leading up to the Rams change I never thought they would mess with the horn... what a travesty especially when you see how nice a full horn would look even if you used this shape but made it curl at the end...

Yeah I don’t get it. If they insist on segmenting it they could have at least used their orange colour for that little bit instead of blue. The blue separation makes it look like two separate elements. 

I'm starting to get use to the new horn and dare I say I'm starting to even like it. The segmenting of the horn is obviously weird but I get why it's like that.

You just know they will revert to the classic horn in a few years anyways.

7 hours ago, hugevolsfan said:

i disagree.  The old horns have looked bad on helmets for a long, long time.  Didn’t work on modern helmet shells.  This new shape fits, and looks so much better. 

34 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

i disagree.  The old horns have looked bad on helmets for a long, long time.  Didn’t work on modern helmet shells.  This new shape fits, and looks so much better. 

It looks like a crescent moon and a weird panthers helmet stripe now, not like a horn.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

The new shape is better designed to fit on the helmet, but couldn't they have accomplished that with this new silhouette without the segmentation?

16 hours ago, dont care said:

It looks like a crescent moon and a weird panthers helmet stripe now, not like a horn.

15 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The new shape is better designed to fit on the helmet, but couldn't they have accomplished that with this new silhouette without the segmentation?

When I said the new horn was an improvement, I wasn't saying anything about the segmentation.  Only the shape.  I don't think the old horns work, with their additional spiral.  They just don't fit.  Not any more, not on these helmets.

If it were one continuous horn, it wouldn't be that shape. I don't think you can isolate one aspect from the other here.