Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/15/2020 at 7:51 AM, Gothamite said:

i disagree.  The old horns have looked bad on helmets for a long, long time.  Didn’t work on modern helmet shells.  This new shape fits, and looks so much better. 

Respectfully, I disagree, the horn fits perfectly in the example below, it could even be widened some more towards the top. The current horn looks like it’s trying too hard to fit.

On 8/14/2020 at 7:12 PM, WSU151 said:

Boned: A Close Look at the Rams' New UniformsLA Rams unveil new uniforms | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Looks like a regular blue non-metallic paint. Mini helmets are regular blue facemasks (and are metallic silver for the Lions). 

I’ve come around on the shape of the horn a bit. The uniforms still suck. Just look at how bad the navy blue helmet horn above looks in comparison. But I still don’t like the separation in the horn. I would much prefer a continuous horn or perhaps use that light orange color to convey shadows or a 3D effect. Both would be better options than the route they chose.

8 hours ago, dont care said:

Respectfully, I disagree, the horn fits perfectly in the example below, it could even be widened some more towards the top. The current horn looks like it’s trying too hard to fit.

it doesn’t fit at all.  They’ve got to bend the decal to make it work, and the curve of the horn is ruined by the chin strap. 

This was a necessary update.  Has been for decades. 

spacer.pngThe more I see the helmet and what the designers were trying to achieve, the more I appreciate it. The break in the horn attempting to show the two sides(top and side view) of the Ram horn where it curls. It could have been executed a little better, but it's the only thing I see. I don't see the crescent anymore.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

2 hours ago, Rambulance said:

spacer.pngThe more I see the helmet and what the designers were trying to achieve, the more I appreciate it. The break in the horn attempting to show the two sides(top and side view) of the Ram horn where it curls. It could have been executed a little better, but it's the only thing I see. I don't see the crescent anymore.

If that is what they were going for, it clearly needed to be two different colors, just like the real thing.

It's where I sit.

Nah. I like the idea of the horn texture without being obvious about it. I think they did it right to begin with.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Yea, it seems like the new shape is at least better, I’ll admit. It looks more “circular” and consistent than the old horn. I still can’t get past the break in the horn, but if it were all one shape, this would be an acceptable change in my opinion, possibly even an upgrade.

Especially considering they were supposedly inspired by the Golden Ratio though, I feel like they still could have manage to incorporate the final “spiral” of the horn, but I’m not sure if that could have been possible with the new shape.

TMLLUN9.jpg

HTENvNh.jpg

I don’t mean to toot my own horn (pun not intended), but here’s how I would have handled the helmet. I think the gradients could actually be used to good effect here, as this way there wouldn’t be too much white on the helmet when it should be mostly yellow. Yet it would still allow for a sort of “textured” effect to the horn, while also tying in with the gradient throughout the rest of the set.

qwSNThM.jpg

8 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Nah. I like the idea of the horn texture without being obvious about it. I think they did it right to begin with.

On top of that it would’ve been a bridge too far to add a second color. The horn has always been one color. The Rams went as far as they could without committing complete sacrilege.

I do appreciate that the break in the horn actually had some thought. You could forgive anyone that saw it as nothing more than Nike trying to be trendy or edgy.

I still don't see the appeal, I can see both the crescent shape side and the side that says it's a segmented horn. Neither look good. This was a free throw, not even a free throw, it was easier than a free throw and they missed the basket entirely. Even @oldschoolvikings fix looks worse than the original. 

Honestly the colors are the only thing I like about this set. But even those are just a small upgrade over the navy and metallic gold. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

11 minutes ago, JLJ said:

On top of that it would’ve been a bridge too far to add a second color. The horn has always been one color. The Rams went as far as they could without committing complete sacrilege.

I do appreciate that the break in the horn actually had some thought. You could forgive anyone that saw it as nothing more than Nike trying to be trendy or edgy.

The damage has been done. They tried to reinvent every aspect of their uniform for the sake of design and created a busy and disjointed mess.

Archived