Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

This photo proves that from a distance, the segmented horn on the helmet is a non issue.

You must have posted the wrong photo,

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

It'd be poetic irony for Spanos to :censored: over San Diego to move the Chargers to LA, then have to come back with his tail between his legs after all this is said and done. It won't happen, most likely, but still.

East Village proposal included $650 million in private money towards a new stadium in a small market, a market that wouldn't have supported PSLs.

Citizens still voted "no" at the ballot box.

🤷‍♂️

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

34 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

This photo proves that from a distance, the segmented horn on the helmet is a non issue.

Agreed. And I think it looks better than what it replaced. 

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

24 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

You must have posted the wrong photo,

Look at the blurry players, you can barely notice the segment. I, for one, love the helmet, the new shape of the horn is great and a necessary upgrade. The segment was a clever idea, but they didn't stick the landing and I'd rather it wasn't there, personally.

the user formerly known as cdclt

42 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Sure, when it's blurred out or barely visible in 3/4 view.

5 minutes ago, QCS said:

Look at the blurry players, you can barely notice the segment.

RhmOMvO.gif

Come on, you guys are kidding, right?

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

All the Rams had to do was go with their throwback set, maybe tweak the colors a bit and do whatever silly Fibonacci ram horn logos they wanted as long as they kept the actual helmet the same. They had a clear path and instead decided to cram in as many ideas as possible, creating a set that's at best divisive.

As for the actual jerseys? Well, the Pooh Bear looks "acceptable" when it's blurred or at great distance, too; that doesn't make it good. It's the equivalent of saying "well, it doesn't make my eyes bleed, so it's gotta be excellent!". Like, sure, it's not ugly in the sense of being garish, but it's also still the exact same Nike monochrome trite, just with a bajillion gimmicks thrown onto it.

Saying the helmet gaps aren't noticeable at a long distance or with blurring or because of a very specific angle is basically damning the design by faint praise.

12 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

You do realize I said “from a distance” right? As in when you’re a fan at the stadium watching a game.

Except that photo isn't 'from a distance', it's either blurry or at the wrong angle.

If anything, it shows that the segmented horn isn't the first trouble-spot that catches my eye.

ETA - Any time someone tells me 'to be honest' (much like 'no disrespect intended'), I feel like a heaping pile of BS is forthcoming.

It's where I sit.

If anything, the small detail being lost the further away you get in-of-itself makes the design overdone and needlessly complicated. It’s more a loss than a win for the poor design choice they made

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Except that photo isn't 'from a distance', it's either blurry or at the wrong angle.

Yeah, which is similar to how it might look from a distance. The main exposure fans will have to this helmet is as a small cluster of pixels on a monitor, where they won't get great focus on the helmet's finish and details. Realistically, the separation will not be that obvious/egregious from a distance.

I find the detail unnecessary and I prefer the full curl horn to the crescent moon, but I'm pleasantly surprised with how they look in photos.

These pics have confirmed my original opinion that the “bone” uni is the single worst, non alternate, look in the entire history of the Big 4. The only positive thing I can say about them is that at least the blue matches between the helmet and jersey. 

37 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Yeah, which is similar to how it might look from a distance. The main exposure fans will have to this helmet is as a small cluster of pixels on a monitor, where they won't get great focus on the helmet's finish and details. Realistically, the separation will not be that obvious/egregious from a distance.

I find the detail unnecessary and I prefer the full curl horn to the crescent moon, but I'm pleasantly surprised with how they look in photos.

Except every time between plays that they zoom in on a certain player, the only time it’s not an issue is the 7 seconds the are actually running plays

I apologize if this theory has been said already, as I'm not following this civil discussion closely, but could the bone away unis be the result of trying to shoehorn Dodgers iconography with the Rams identity?  I feel like the navy-white experiment was attempting to be close to Dodgers colors, and now the bone away looking like an over-designed college baseball uniform that's been changed into a football uniform.  I dread enduring a game against the Rams these next 5 years...

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

8 hours ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

These pics have confirmed my original opinion that the “bone” uni is the single worst, non alternate, look in the entire history of the Big 4. The only positive thing I can say about them is that at least the blue matches between the helmet and jersey. 

I don't know... I'd still take it over what the Browns and Bucs were wearing for the past 5 years.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, DNAsports said:

You do realize I said “from a distance” right? As in when you’re a fan at the stadium watching a game.

Yes, I do realize that. I just found it funny that the line separating the horn has to be blurred out or the helmet has to be at an angle where you can barely see it for it not to be a problem. (I thought perhaps you and @QCS might have been poking fun at that. "Hey, problem solved when you can't see the line!" Which is why I asked if you guys were kidding.) 😉

tumblr_p1j4aoyttV1u2ragso7_500-1.gif

If the fans in the stadium can't see the line then they're getting their money's worth. But the other 16.5 million fans watching it on TV? They won't be so lucky. And don't forget about the untold number of times it will be clearly seen in all other forms of visual media.

P.S. From a distance, the world looks blue and green, and the snow-capped mountains white—unlike the Rams' bone uniform.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

13 hours ago, doctorpeligro said:

East Village proposal included $650 million in private money towards a new stadium in a small market, a market that wouldn't have supported PSLs.

Citizens still voted "no" at the ballot box.

🤷‍♂️

Taxpayers shouldn't have to finance a billion-dollar stadium that the owner will inevitably want to replace 30 years down the road.

Archived