Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

5 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

I actually like the bone-colored jerseys, particularly with the all-blue socks. *shrugs shoulders*

Would pure white be cleaner? Sure. But with the bone being an almost off-white color, their road uniforms have this odd but satisfying feeling (to me) of being both vintage and modern at the same time. 

I actually think the idea, in theory, of an off-white (or cream, or beige, or light cool gray, etc.) road uniform is interesting, and deserves some exploration. I just think it's a terrible idea for the sunny, so-cal Rams, and a terrible idea for a team with a bright royal blue and bright yellow gold color scheme.  The Browns or Bengals, maybe? The Eagles? A team with a darker, more muted palate, might be worth a try.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be all for a cream Browns jersey. I think it's appropriately "vintage", fitting for a retro-style team. The problem is the Rams don't really need that, and they chose the worst shade of off-white imaginable. Usually you'd want to lean in to the yellow side of the spectrum, but they went more towards gray and it looks awful.

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

Does it really, though? One looks vintage white while the other is... well... gray (and is clearly not just a "dirty" white).

KhB19Tm.png

This looks like the flag for a dystopian nation devoid of good sports uniforms.

51 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I actually think the idea, in theory, of an off-white (or cream, or beige, or light cool gray, etc.) road uniform is interesting, and deserves some exploration. I just think it's a terrible idea for the sunny, so-cal Rams, and a terrible idea for a team with a bright royal blue and bright yellow gold color scheme.  The Browns or Bengals, maybe? The Eagles? A team with a darker, more muted palate, might be worth a try.

Putting my marketing and designer hat on, if the rams absolutely had to have a non white road uni why not borrow from mlb and go light blue on the road? Brand it as agua del mar which would pair much more nicely with sol. Here's some inspiration from my mood board.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, guest23 said:

Putting my marketing and designer hat on, if the rams absolutely had to have a non white road uni why not borrow from mlb and go light blue on the road? Brand it as agua del mar which would pair much more nicely with sol. Here's some inspiration from my mood board.

spacer.png

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what the Chargers are wearing as a home uniform.

8 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

Those bone jerseys should be laughed off the field by, I dunno... week 4 or 5?

They're not worse than what the Bucs and Browns just replaced, and each of those lasted 5 years.  No amount of laughing will matter.

4 hours ago, dont care said:

They Seahawks don’t have an issue selling I white and “wolf grey” alternate so why would the rams

As others have mentioned, the Seahawks gray is clearly gray, whereas the Rams 'bone' isn't clearly... beige?  I'll concede that maybe in person it comes across different than in photos, but while I usually hate these types of labels, I do think that "dirty laundry" is valid.

I think the biggest issue isn't the 'bone' - it's the bright royal and yellow against it.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That's where I'm at with this too.  Cream/beige/whatever would be fantastic for the Browns or Bengals.  Eagles?  No, but a 'wolf gray' would be great for them.  

The Rams, like the Falcons, went with 50,000 gimmicks, rather than just picking one or two and executing them really well.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, selgy said:

The bone unis look home made. The look like they have yellow electric tape going down the leg of dirty white pants that havent been washed in ages. And as someone else said the numbers look like fruit roll ups. 

The bone jerseys look like they were made from parchment  paper.

I saw, I came, I left.

13 hours ago, El Diablo said:

The new Rams helmets have grown on me. 

3 hours ago, JayMac said:

Me too...

Like an infectious parasite.

It's all relative. The new helmets are good, probably top 10-12 in the NFL. The problem being that they replaced an iconic Top 5 helmet in the NFL. 

A $50 bill is nice to have in your pocket, but I wouldn't throw out a $100 bill so that I could carry one.

On 8/25/2020 at 7:54 AM, radchad said:

Taxpayers shouldn't have to finance a billion-dollar stadium that the owner will inevitably want to replace 30 years down the road.

But the people on this board aren’t holding other teams to the same standard.

To my knowledge only the Giants, Jets, and Rams (and maybe Dolphins?) haven’t received public money to build their stadiums. I don’t see people here throwing shade at the 49ers, Raiders, Packers, or Bears because those teams got hundreds of millions of public dollars.

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

1 hour ago, doctorpeligro said:

But the people on this board aren’t holding other teams to the same standard.

To my knowledge only the Giants, Jets, and Rams (and maybe Dolphins?) haven’t received public money to build their stadiums. I don’t see people here throwing shade at the 49ers, Raiders, Packers, or Bears because those teams got hundreds of millions of public dollars.

New England too outside of the public paying to improve the highway that Kraft has since paid back.

also Dallas 

Archived