Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of those bolt designs seem to be created around the idea of showing that all avenues were explored. Avoids a lot of the, "But what about..." I often hear when I'm presenting my own work I know. A nice way to show, "We explored this and just doesn't work." Showing a client it doesn't work is much better than just showing the client 1 really good design and verbally shooting down their suggestions. 

16 minutes ago, bowld said:

Wow we dodged a bullet with this one. 95% of those are terrible

I guess sometimes you have to design and iterate yourself into some really strange places to realize that the shape and style of the original chargers helmet bolt should be the benchmark for all uniforms going forward.

31 minutes ago, doctorpeligro said:

I think white-paneled bolts (jerseys and pants) would have been a good choice for the Navy Color Rush set.

Two reasons that doesn't work, the first reason is that if they did that it would mean the bolt would have to be white on a white helmet and that doesn't work and second the helmet then wouldn't be a reference to the first LA helmet.

u3o3l3d11423sjxetd2zfpitr.gif

bSLCtu2.png

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Two reasons that doesn't work, the first reason is that if they did that it would mean the bolt would have to be white on a white helmet and that doesn't work and second the helmet then wouldn't be a reference to the first LA helmet.

u3o3l3d11423sjxetd2zfpitr.gif

I'm not suggesting a white bolt.  I'm suggesting a bolt on a white panel.

What I'm suggesting, effectively, is a Color Rush set similar to their primary set in 2017 and 2018.

spacer.png

Personally, I think the decision to use a navy bolt for the Color Rush set was stupid.  There's a reason they only wore navy bolts for one year: a gold bolt looks so much better.

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

It’s looking like the Rams won’t have painted end zones or anything in the end zones. It should be painted or being put into place today if they’re going to do anything, but every picture they’re showing of SoFi has it bare. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

3 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

It’s looking like the Rams won’t have painted end zones or anything in the end zones. It should be painted or being put into place today if they’re going to do anything, but every picture their showing of SoFi has it bare. 

I would be shocked if the endzones are left blank. Especially for a stadium debut. There’s still plenty of time to get them painted up. These multi-use venues can often flip the field in one single night. Here in Atlanta, for example, they can have a soccer game one night, flip it to college football for the next night, and the day after that is hosting the Falcons. Each event with its own markings and designs. It just requires an overnight crew. The Rams don’t play until Sunday night, though.

I think the big problem for the Rams is that they're not the sole occupant of SoFi. Doesn't really make much economic sense to have to tear up the turf to change out the endzones for whenever the Rams or Chargers are playing. Keeping it generic makes that a non-issue since it applies to both.

50 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

I would be shocked if the endzones are left blank. Especially for a stadium debut. There’s still plenty of time to get them painted up. These multi-use venues can often flip the field in one single night. Here in Atlanta, for example, they can have a soccer game one night, flip it to college football for the next night, and the day after that is hosting the Falcons. Each event with its own markings and designs. It just requires an overnight crew. The Rams don’t play until Sunday night, though.

That’s good to know and a good point. I know the Cowboys stadium has multiple field turfs for the various sporting events that they host (Cowboys, CFB, soccer) so it would make sense that SoFi would do something similar. Especially seeing that stadium is due to host a variety of different sporting events in the coming years. 

I just would have thought that the Rams would put something in the end zone by now. To echo your statement, I’d be shocked too, if the Rams don’t put anything in their end zones. 

20 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I think the big problem for the Rams is that they're not the sole occupant of SoFi. Doesn't really make much economic sense to have to tear up the turf to change out the endzones for whenever the Rams or Chargers are playing. Keeping it generic makes that a non-issue since it applies to both.

They play on artificial turf and they already have their Ram head logo at midfield, which would have to be changed out for Charger home games anyways. 

The LA Coliseum grounds crew would change field markings, midfield logo and the end zones when going from USC home games to Rams’ home games. They did it on grass, and occasionally in less than a day, which is much more difficult than an artificial turf change. 

The Giants and Jets have been doing that for years now too.

So I don’t think that’s an issue. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

2 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

It’s looking like the Rams won’t have painted end zones or anything in the end zones. It should be painted or being put into place today if they’re going to do anything, but every picture they’re showing of SoFi has it bare. 

Endzones are painted now:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived