Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

Maybe it's just something with my TV screen, but it looked like the Rams game was being played on a giant green screen. Can't explain why, but the stadium had a CGI look to it. High quality CGI. It looked good, but felt like I was watching a movie.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Maybe it's just something with my TV screen, but it looked like the Rams game was being played on a giant green screen. Can't explain why, but the stadium had a CGI look to it. High quality CGI. It looked good, but felt like I was watching a movie.

Same for me, it also looked like everything had a blue filter over it. I had to change tv’s to make sure it wasn’t my picture settings.

Hey, weren't we supposed to have closed this thread now that the NFL season is under way?

And which NFL 2020 thread should we be commenting in week by week? The weekly matchup thread? Or the NFL 2020 thread? And in this section or the Discussion section?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 hours ago, tron1013 said:

they would look much better if they'd just copied the blue sleeves and yellow horn stripes from the blue top. And made rest of the jerseys and pants white instead of bone. 

And take out the horn segment

And the shiny numbers

And the wimpy font

And the horn shape

And the yoke patch

fiowXOD.png

Seeing them in action did nothing to improve my opinions on the Rams' new set. The monochrome bone combined with the Cowboys' grey helmets & pants made for a terrible looking matchup.

Sadly, judging from social media, it seems like Stockholm syndrome is kicking in and most of the average fans (i.e. casual uniform fans) are defending the new look now.

55 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Seeing them in action did nothing to improve my opinions on the Rams' new set. The monochrome bone combined with the Cowboys' grey helmets & pants made for a terrible looking matchup.

Sadly, judging from social media, it seems like Stockholm syndrome is kicking in and most of the average fans (i.e. casual uniform fans) are defending the new look now.

never thought I'd see the phrase "monochrome bone" etched in electronic text on an nfl uniform thread but here we are...

18 minutes ago, Chawls said:

I’m looking forward to week 11, which, according to GUD, we’ll see the world’s first ever “pewter” versus ”bone” uniform game.

I don't mind the pewter as a one off but the bone just sucks. I see no reason to wear dirty white unless your like me & can't afford to buy new white undershirts all the time! 😀

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I kid you not. A friend of mine was watching Rams highlights on MNF last night and when he saw the helmets he said,

"Them helmets man, they SPARKLY. Fire, man."

That's when you know, it was a mistake.

Huge mistake. People liked it!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

17 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I thought I was watching a video game from the early 2000s with the helmet color and the logo on midfield. It just looked wrong all around.

46 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The helmet looked fine. The midfield graphic did look CGIed in, I'll give you that.

I'm going to go the other way on this, regarding the helmet. I thought it was too bright, and didn't like the color. It needs to be toned down a notch, as it looks like it glows. That isn't a good NFL look, IMO.

It's where I sit.

19 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Hey, weren't we supposed to have closed this thread now that the NFL season is under way?

And which NFL 2020 thread should we be commenting in week by week? The weekly matchup thread? Or the NFL 2020 thread? And in this section or the Discussion section?

Well it's definitely not "News"...

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

But wait how interesting was that helmet since Jaguars in real life hunt from shadows... what a cool take on that helmet huh, oh wait the Jaguar is going into the shadow... never mind worst helmet I have seen please do not post again...

On 9/15/2020 at 10:08 AM, JayMac said:
On 9/15/2020 at 10:05 AM, Chawls said:

I’m looking forward to week 11, which, according to GUD, we’ll see the world’s first ever “pewter” versus ”bone” uniform game.

Will this be the ugliest game, uniforms wise, in NFL history? I think so.

That would be very ironic, considering that the same two teams participated in the most beautiful uniform matchup in league history, the 1979 NFC Championship Game.

4f31ccc527d9ff6ba16decfee47ae5ed.jpg

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 9/14/2020 at 6:54 PM, 4_tattoos said:

Yep, for me too. Weird looking visuals for me, the greens seemed greener, the blues seemed more blue, the yellow seemed more yellow, etc..

And at first I thought the game was being played at Jerry World. Similar vibe/stadium feel to me.

Archived