OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

16 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Surprisingly, I think I like the all-white combo a little more for the Chargers than the yellow pants, even though I thought it’d be the other way around. I’m still glad they have the yellow as an option, though. I’m excited to see the powder jersey in both combos.

Metlife doesn't actually paint anything. Their endzones are just removable turf. When they played at Giants stadium, they used to do the paint thing, but said it was just too much work

full video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzr5NP3MiaE

2 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

Is it just me, or are the new Ram horns smaller than the old ones?

They seem to cover less real estate on the bucket, making them look like just large side decals,

rather than an integral part of the overall helmet design.

spacer.png

...and it may be out of necessity because of new helmet designs, but whatever...

I really don't like their new look.

they are too small and too low...there's too much blue space outside the horn now.

Saw the tail end of the Chiefs/Chargers game yesterday. The LA Stadium looked different yesterday. Last week I posted that the Rams/Cowboys game looked like it was being played on a giant green screen with high quality CGI. Yesterday the stadium looked.... real, if that makes sense. Perhaps different camera effects used between NBC and CBS 🤷🏾‍♂️

22 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Surprisingly, I think I like the all-white combo a little more for the Chargers than the yellow pants, even though I thought it’d be the other way around. I’m still glad they have the yellow as an option, though. I’m excited to see the powder jersey in both combos.

Honestly the all-whites are right up there with the powder blues for me, and I'm normally someone who prefers color uniforms.

TUCK IN YOUR GODDAM T-SHIRTS YOU CLOWNS.

Other than that, they look great.

14 hours ago, BBTV said:

TUCK IN YOUR GODDAM T-SHIRTS YOU CLOWNS.

Other than that, they look great.

At least it's harder to tell with both of them being White. If they were wearing any of their Blue Jerseys, or had the Gold Pants, then yes, I would be screaming as well.

I think the all white look (with blue socks of course) is better than the white over yellow. There’s too much yellow when they have white over yellow. The white pants make it perfect. And idk if powder blue pants would be better either. They double white looks great!

16 hours ago, colortv said:

119954187_10158452819702713_872253347615

Oh man, #25 here has the perfect accessories. The yellow gloves, shows, and facemark all pop the perfect amount, especially with the barely-in-shadow bolt on the pants. What an incredible set, it might very well be my favorite in the league. I cannot wait for the matchup against the Panthers this week.

1 minute ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I think the yellow pants look better but it's still a good look. 

I honestly can't decide if I like yellow pants more or not, I think they're both equally great looks. Just gorgeous, the Chargers might become one of my favorite teams on looks alone.

I'd be fine with this being the Chargers' look for the next 30-40 years. It's a pretty durable look. 

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

I'd be fine with this being the Chargers' look for the next 30-40 years. It's a pretty durable look. 

I'd just move the bolts up to the seam, like where Panthers-style (or even Texans) shoulder-hoops would be.  Then we're good for a few decades, until the whole uniform is made of some new flexible LED-fabric and the numbers and logos are programmed in.

Still don’t love the numbers on the helmets, still don’t like the italic numbers anywhere. 

The rest of the set is pretty good, especially when they stick to white pants and blue socks. 

53 minutes ago, colortv said:

Where do we stand on the helmet numbers?

I'm a fan.  And I do like the italics.  They add just a tad of contemporary flair without being gimmicky (like the current Falcons set) or NASCARy (like the last Falcons set.)

The only thing I don't love about helmet numbers is that since the helmet is a de facto logo, what number do you use?  If you default to the current year, then your materials are out of date every 365 days (and your logo will usually be an individual player's helmet.)  If you go with 00, it just looks dumb.

I guess you could make the logo without numbers and just treat the numbers the same way that the Steelers and Giants treat their front numbers.  That's probably the way to go.

The helmet numbers are fine, honestly. They're not offensive or anything, and if anything it's a nice little bit of individuality for the Chargers to have both numbers and a logo on their helmets, plus the historical precedent; ties the franchise's new look to its legacy.

spacer.png

Like, even as someone who normally likes the pants to be a different color than the jersey, this is still a friggin' gorgeous set.

They sure as :censored: did a better job with everything about this rebrand then the Rams. God, that'll bug me until they can finally get rid of those stupid, stupid uniforms half a damn decade from now. 

17 minutes ago, BBTV said:

If you default to the current year, then your materials are out of date every 365 days (and your logo will usually be an individual player's helmet.)  If you go with 00, it just looks dumb.

I guess you could make the logo without numbers and just treat the numbers the same way that the Steelers and Giants treat their front numbers.  That's probably the way to go.

I guess you could technically go with 60 as a reference to the franchise's inaugural year?

2 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

The helmet numbers are fine, honestly. They're not offensive or anything, and if anything it's a nice little bit of individuality for the Chargers to have both numbers and a logo on their helmets, plus the historical precedent; ties the franchise's new look to its legacy.

spacer.png

I love this set, but this picture is a perfect example for why the helmet numbers are unnecessary. The 10 is small and inconsequential, and feels forced into a space between the facemask and the bolt where it doesn't belong. The helmet is vastly improved without it.

As for the pants, I can see why many don't care for the yellow pants, because this all-white combo is beautiful. But I'm a sucker for nostalgia, and the Coryell-era Chargers are, to me, the pinnacle of sports uniform design. The yellow pants remind me of that era, and I love them because of it.