Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

9 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I love this set, but this picture is a perfect example for why the helmet numbers are unnecessary.

If there's a still image from the side, the helmet number might be the only way to identify the player since there's no sleeve numbers.  More of an issue back in the b/w print days, but there's still a purpose.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The all-whites look so much better than the white over yellow. This way, you have a perfect balance between the blue numbers/socks and the yellow bolts/mask, there's not too much of either color. And I dig the italic numbers. They're charging. They should have them, the Steelers shouldn't. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I liked both white over white and white over yellow. I'm glad they have both.  I'd probably rather see white over white slightly more often, just because the yellow pants feel more alternative. 

I know the light blue over white will look awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing the sky blue over yellow, just to see how it looks.  My guess is it'll be divisive here.

Both color rush uniforms can get lost for all I care.

8 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I liked both white over white and white over yellow. I'm glad they have both.  I'd probably rather see white over white slightly more often, just because the yellow pants feel more alternative. 

I know the light blue over white will look awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing the sky blue over yellow, just to see how it looks.  My guess is it'll be divisive here.

Both color rush uniforms can get lost for all I care.

I usually don't like the helmet, jersey, pants being 3 different colors unless the pants are white. It usually looks really bad with white helmets, see the Titans columbia over navy pants in their previous set. But since powder and yellow are so bright it could work.

As a long-time Charger fan, I love this all white uniform. 

I liked the idea of bringing back the yellow pants, as a homage to the early 80s teams, but I’d prefer to see them just once a year, and unannounced.  Keep it special and as a surprise. Too many times will diminish it. And after seeing them in action, the bright yellow pants and bright powder blue socks were together just a little too...bright.  

I’d prefer not to see the yellow pants with the powder blue jerseys, but it won’t be a bad look. I’d just rather limit combinations or else it waters down the identity of the uniform. And the blue over white is superior with the white helmet. 

The "bone" jerseys look like white jerseys that haven't been washed in weeks, and the gradients make them look like a college team. Sucks we're stuck with these trash heaps for half of the decade when they could've just gone to those throwbacks they had and gotten to a beautiful look without nearly as much stupid Nikespeak.

When you make the Chargers org look competent, you done :censored:ed up.

6 hours ago, colortv said:

Rams uniforms look spectacular today, and the gradient numbers look wonderful.

What was the logic that determined that the numbers would fade top to bottom yellow to white, but the pant stripe would fade top to bottom white to yellow?

No, I don't think spectacular is the word I would use, without tacking on 'ly bad'.

It's where I sit.

Archived