Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

Pretty much everything the NFL did for Super Bowl 50 was black, gold, and silver.  That isn't anything new, per se.

I'd rather the Rams stick with blue and gold.  I don't think I'd want a football team to look like one big formal awards show.  Save that for the actors.  Two metallic colors that represent the exact same thing "awards and bling" probably won't win many people over, either.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, joshey said:

Here's a game changer and I'm sure no one will like this idea but here it goes -- SCRAP the blue - gold - white. It's played out and dulled down. Refresh with Hollywood Nights! Black - Gold - Silver.

I have no photoshop skills but I imagine it's stunning and if someone wants to take a crack at it, have at it. It screams LA to me. Black - hollywood nights, Gold -awards and bling, Silver - awards and bling.

At least in my head it looks really nice, wish I could convey that to all of you.

It will more than likely be polarizing but I imagine an all black look that will set the world on fire!

image.jpeg

6 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I was an Expos fan, so believe me, I know all about how terrible Loria was. Dean is right there with him, though. To put things in perspective, in the 31 years the Spanos family has owned the Chargers, we have only had 12 winning seasons - and zero championships, of course. Alex and Dean have overseen the LA drama, Ryan Leaf, David Boston, Jared Gathier, Dr. Chao, AJ and Norv, Bobby Ross being kicked to the curb in favor of that idiot Beathard, nearly every great player we've had leaving on bad terms with the organization, and countless other embarrassments. Dean in particular is one of the most spineless and cowardly turds on the planet. He's just lucky that other owners like Sterling and Loria and Snyder have been more flamboyant in their awfulness, enabling the media to give him a free pass all these years.

Just realized this...but you are/were a fan of the teams owned by Spanos, Sterling, and Loria?  

Lights Out's entire modus operandi is to find the difficult in the easy. My unconfirmed suspicion is that he rides a unicycle.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

Why not just make the L.A. Rams look like the L.A. Rams instead of the Raidersaints?

New era, bring in something fresh. Old LA Rams failed. Why do we want a replica of that so badly?  I think Raidersaints would look sick with a Rams template/modernized version. Just a personal opinion. 

GO NETS.

27 minutes ago, joshey said:

New era, bring in something fresh. Old LA Rams failed. Why do we want a replica of that so badly?  I think Raidersaints would look sick with a Rams template/modernized version. Just a personal opinion. 

We want a replica because it's what the fans are demanding. No navy and gold. No black and silver. Royal and yellow.

image.jpeg

13 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

We want a replica because it's what the fans are demanding. No navy and gold. No black and silver. Royal and yellow.

image.jpeg

This is going to be a very interesting experiment because I'm pretty sure if you asked LA based raiders, steelers, or cowboys fans to show up for a photo at the Coliseum, you'd have 5x the turnout. Aside from the 90's diehards that supported a very mediocre franchise and their kids, you have a lost generation of youth that grew up without a home team and a boatload of transplants that have other allegiances. There's a good chance that you'll see a san diego effect with 50% of the attendance supporting the visitors.

10 minutes ago, guest23 said:

This is going to be a very interesting experiment because I'm pretty sure if you asked LA based raiders, steelers, or cowboys fans to show up for a photo at the Coliseum, you'd have 5x the turnout. Aside from the 90's diehards that supported a very mediocre franchise and their kids, you have a lost generation of youth that grew up without a home team and a boatload of transplants that have other allegiances. There's a good chance that you'll see a san diego effect with 50% of the attendance supporting the visitors.

I don't know about that at all.  New York is another transplant city, full of fans of other teams, but we still manage to support our local teams.  Even the brand new ones.

And it wasn't asking fans of another team to "show up for a photo at the Coliseum".  That's much easier.  The photo above was from a fan-organized rally to show support for potentially relocating a team.  Hardly analogous at all.

It's seems as if the Rams older shade of royal was a bit bright to be paired with the gold.

My preference would be to keep the original athletic gold and go with dark royal like the Dodgers (rather than the light royal of the Cubs etc)

39 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I don't know about that at all.  New York is another transplant city, full of fans of other teams, but we still manage to support our local teams.  Even the brand new ones.

And it wasn't asking fans of another team to "show up for a photo at the Coliseum".  That's much easier.  The photo above was from a fan-organized rally to show support for potentially relocating a team.  Hardly analogous at all.

Plus certain teams just have good road fan bases.  Seeing the Coliseum fill up with a bunch of Steelers, Packers, Raiders, or Cowboys fans for a game against the Rams won't be unique at all in the NFL.   Road team fans at road stadiums are more a byproduct of ticket prices, arbitrage, television options, and utility rather than a lack of actual local fan support.  

53 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

It's seems as if the Rams older shade of royal was a bit bright to be paired with the gold.

My preference would be to keep the original athletic gold and go with dark royal like the Dodgers (rather than the light royal of the Cubs etc)

No. Brighter is better. It's southern California! It's full of sun and life! The St. Louis holdovers look drained of vitality.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

15 hours ago, joshey said:

No...Just No.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

15 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

image.jpeg

Wow, that's telling sea of royal/yellow. Given that they are sticking with navy/gold, I'd say the NFL and Rams clearly don't care one bit what the fans want.

16 hours ago, joshey said:

^

*can't go more than 5 sentences without saying the words innovate or disrupt*

*believes in modern technology wholeheartedly*

*sees unicorns everyday*

*gave Elizabeth Holmes $20 million*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously dude, no.  You lost me at "game changer"

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Plus certain teams just have good road fan bases.  Seeing the Coliseum fill up with a bunch of Steelers, Packers, Raiders, or Cowboys fans for a game against the Rams won't be unique at all in the NFL.   Road team fans at road stadiums are more a byproduct of ticket prices, arbitrage, television options, and utility rather than a lack of actual local fan support.  

The franchises that have evolved into depending upon visitors to fill seats on game day are typically in the bottom half of league value wise, not in major media markets, and aren't personally financing a nearly $2B stadium in an attempt to relaunch a franchise in a new city. The issue gets down to whether or not the local support will materialize or they revert back to the rams of old.  Granted it's a different city now and the league is a different animal than 120 years ago, but I think the local sports media is presenting a much more optimistic picture than what will materialize. It won't be as bad as the anaheim years but you're not going to see seahawks south either.

6 minutes ago, guest23 said:

Granted it's a different city now and the league is a different animal than 120 years ago

Going WAY back...^_^

The Seahawks fan base has been outrageously nuts about their team for a little more than a decade.  They had a nice fanbase while in the Dome, but it wasn't nearly as much of a thing as it is today.

Archived