OnWis97

Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

10 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

If they just went back and didn't make a single alteration then it would have been a cop out. You shouldn't be able to just go back to an old look without making modifications in some way. People seem to think you can just go back to an old look exact and it will immediately work out but it usually won't..

The Browns & Bucs pretty much did that this offseason, and both changes were incredibly welcomed by the fans. We've also seen the Giants, Jets, Bills, and 49ers do it in the past.

11 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

If they just went back and didn't make a single alteration then it would have been a cop out. You shouldn't be able to just go back to an old look without making modifications in some way. People seem to think you can just go back to an old look exact and it will immediately work out but it usually won't. The perfect example of how much reverting back to an old look idea sucks is what the Ottawa Senators did recently.

The Rams should have done what the Chargers did. That's how you honor the past and move forward. It looks like 1960 but it also looks like 2020. Perfect. Instead the Rams tried to reinvent the wheel but the wheel got caught on fire and they had to extinguish the flames before it was completely destroyed so now you have this idea that's half burnt to a crisp and half okay looking. They spent all this time working on that wheel, it was their hard work and then it was on fire. They just want to see their hard work not be wasted so now we're forced to look at it for 5 years.

Which half is okay looking?😁😁😅🤣

23 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

It's the black pants that are destroying the color balance. Silver pants are all they need.

Agreed. I also don't think they ever need the black socks either, especially if they're going to keep the black pants around since they can't be trusted in recent years (when they first broke out the black pants they were only worn with the blue socks as they should, then they decided "hey lets look like crap instead"). I think the blue ones would still work with the black over silver look.

Look, I don’t know how many people have actually watched the rams new uniforms on tv but the gradient numbers on the blue uniform look spectacular on tv

All the Rams had to do was use the throwbacks full time but with that new helmet color and they were set. If they really wanted to they could have switched to a custom-ish number font like the Browns did, but that's it. How they managed to blow that layup so badly is beyond me. They somehow shot it in to their own hoop.

14 minutes ago, colortv said:

Look, I don’t know how many people have actually watched the rams new uniforms on tv but the gradient numbers on the blue uniform look spectacular on tv

I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of people who have watched the Rams on TV and still think the gradient numbers look something less than spectacular.

I think the Panthers should ditch silver completely. I have yet to see a uniform set use both silver and white and still look good. I would love to see them lean more towards blue and white, similar to the color balance in this Oklahoma State combo: 

kvo1k0t.jpg

I really like the black as an accent color rather than the main focus. There are too many black teams in the NFC South, so I'd love for the Panthers to lean more toward their beautiful shade of blue.

As far as gradient numbers go, they’re actually pretty good, but I’ve never seen gradient numbers and thought to myself “these are superior to solid colored numbers.” 

The Rams uniforms would improve if they had yellow numbers instead of the gradient. No question. Not much of an improvement mind you, there’s only so much you could do to that uniform and make it better, but it’d be something.

59 minutes ago, colortv said:

I did and they still sucked. Looking like gimmicky Pro Bowl uniforms or some barely known college looking for attention...

3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Our of curiosity, what would have prevented them from first removing the face mask before adhering the Ram horn? Seems like doing it that way would've prevented the strange gap in horn. 

No idea.  Maybe it's just another extra couple steps that, when added up over the 53-man roster, becomes too cumbersome.

But even if they cover the decal with the clamps and snaps, they're still covering the decal.  And that's still a problem.

1 hour ago, colortv said:

I have, and they aren't spectacular IMO.

Only piling on here due to your accusation that we haven't actually seen them 🙂

I really want to like the Rams’ new uniforms.  And I don’t even love the old throwbacks with their stupid, nonsensical shoulder horns. 

But other than the new horns (which are imperfect but still an upgrade), everything about the new uniforms is worse than the throwbacks the team should be wearing.  Even the old color scheme is superior. 

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

I really want to like the Rams’ new uniforms.  And I don’t even love the old throwbacks with their stupid, nonsensical shoulder horns. 

But other than the new horns (which are imperfect but still an upgrade), everything about the new uniforms is worse than the throwbacks the team should be wearing.  Even the old color scheme is superior. 

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Outside of the bone, why do you find the old color scheme superior? The new blue and gold seem so much more rich and vibrant.

23 minutes ago, colortv said:

The new blue and gold seem so much more rich and vibrant.

Highlighter yellow isn't exactly a flattering color for a football uniform; there's a good reason most of the NFL teams that use a shade of yellow use athletic gold over bright yellow. Hell, the Chargers' new uniforms use the exact same shade that the Rams used on their throwback alternates; R255 G184 B28. The Rams' new "Sol" (🤢) is R255 G209 B0.

48 minutes ago, colortv said:

Outside of the bone, why do you find the old color scheme superior? The new blue and gold seem so much more rich and vibrant.

You say rich and vibrant, I see gaudy and overly bright.

The helmet has a dayglow affect to it. That doesn't 'belong' in the NFL.

By the way, it's tough to accept that you get a pass for throwing out an entire uniform color. As it relates to 'bone', it is a poor choice in replacing white.

I was at Home Depot picking up a new toilet seat cover today. They were available in three shades. White, natural wood, and bone! Seemed appropriate. I like the shade of blue and the helmet and jersey matching, but the “bone” uni stinks. I am sticking by my first impression that it is the single worst, non alternate, uniform in Big 4 history. 

19 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

They made tweaks to the uniforms though, however minor they may be. The logos are different, the wordmark is different, helmet, etc. They both have great uniforms, so don't get me wrong there. Perhaps my point was a little too wide open and dumb sounding, I really believe that the Rams could have done the 80's look and still did tweaks but I personally wanted the Rams to try something new. Unfortunately the new thing they're trying isn't that great. I'm just trying to make you all think I'm not stupid because believe me, I like old stuff as much as anybody, I just felt that the Rams could have done something better than going back in time and calling it a day.

9 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Which half is okay looking?😁😁😅🤣

The colors and the helmet. Maybe the yellow pants too. The new uniforms are like bad pizza, it's terrible but at the same time it's pizza, so I'll put up with it I guess.

7 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I'm just trying to make you all think I'm not stupid because believe me, I like old stuff as much as anybody, I just felt that the Rams could have done something better than going back in time and calling it a day.

Changing the blue on the throwback helmets to match the jerseys & updating the rams head logo would've been just as much of a tweak as what the Bucs did. 

11 hours ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

I was at Home Depot picking up a new toilet seat cover today. They were available in three shades. White, natural wood, and bone!

"Bone Toilet" is a metal band from Fort Wayne where all the guys in the band work back-of-house at a restaurant that does murder mysteries.