Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

5 minutes ago, the admiral said:

"Bone Toilet" is a metal band from Fort Wayne where all the guys in the band work back-of-house at a restaurant that does murder mysteries.

A townie bar I used to visit from time to time had a Bone Toilet.  This place was regularly open until 3 or 4am, and after 1am they were "closed," and would let whoever was still there smoke indoors.  They just turned the exterior lights off and turned the music down. 

Anyway, the Bone Toilet was in a weird subterranean part of the bar where they were permanently doing some manner of expansion, and getting to it felt like you were navigating the catacombs of Paris.  Anyways, the Bone Toilet was the single stall of the men's room where the floor was permanently wet with a swirl of mystery liquids, the condom machine was broken open and hanging ajar, restocked casually with whatever variety the employees could grab from the free bowl of the local college's student health center.  People would regularly have ugly sex in there while the remaining yokels chain smoked and talked cardinals baseball.

Played a few shows there, and it was never boring. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's close to the Lakers deal.

Does the yellow look good, sure. But switching to some sort of athletic gold would make it all look a LOT better.

Lakers did a closer and better job that what the Rams did.

(I bring up the lakers only to reference them as another LA team that messed up the yellows)

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

On 9/29/2020 at 11:35 AM, Lights Out said:

Seems like a pretty huge stretch to call Sand-Knit a "rival" to Nike. 

My guess is just that the Rams overthought the whole process and demanded lots of gimmicky changes. If their recent work in college football is anything to go by, the Rams' new look would have been ultra-plain glorified practice gear if Nike was left to their own devices.

So sand knit and Nike(bucs)

1 hour ago, crazylegs said:

The Rams have 2 more uniforms to unveil...One in 2021 & one in 2022.  I would like to see them do this:

https://www.fototime.com/%7B3A3B1586-ED5B-44AA-ABC5-3202907BE73F%7D/origpict/Rams%2520-%25202021%2520-%2520Football_Trio_2.0%25201%2520V2%2520Blue%2520Home.jpg

https://www.fototime.com/%7B4FDEDC3E-3B44-40B9-A24A-1CD54EBA4CB5%7D/origpict/Rams%2520-%25202021%2520-%2520Football_Trio_2.0%25201%2520V3.jpg

I am sure they will unveil an all yellow look along with a throwback 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, crazylegs said:

The Rams have 2 more uniforms to unveil...One in 2021 & one in 2022.  I would like to see them do this:

https://www.fototime.com/%7B3A3B1586-ED5B-44AA-ABC5-3202907BE73F%7D/origpict/Rams%2520-%25202021%2520-%2520Football_Trio_2.0%25201%2520V2%2520Blue%2520Home.jpg

https://www.fototime.com/%7B4FDEDC3E-3B44-40B9-A24A-1CD54EBA4CB5%7D/origpict/Rams%2520-%25202021%2520-%2520Football_Trio_2.0%25201%2520V3.jpg

I’m a fan of the new blue over yellow look, so while the throwback is iconic it’s a wash for me. I maintain the most baffling thing about the new uniforms is they didn’t make a modern version of the throwback white over yellow.

Even if the bone jersey had the blue sleeves from the new blue jersey it would be acceptable over the yellow pants. They just just chose not to. They gave it an entirely different sleeve design and it makes no sense.

9 hours ago, crazylegs said:

Hate to disappoint you but one will probably be a white version of the current home and the 4th is either gonna be yellow or possibly a throwback (depending on helmet rule changing). Wouldn't rule out BFBS garbage either.

I... actually like this look. And I think I see what they're trying to do here.

Any other uniform = LA Rams endzones + Ram Midfield

Blue over yellow (Classic Rams combo) = Ram endzones + LA Midfield

This design is more akin to what they've used since they've moved back to LA.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

On 10/1/2020 at 6:42 PM, VikWings said:

Hate to disappoint you but one will probably be a white version of the current home and the 4th is either gonna be yellow or possibly a throwback (depending on helmet rule changing). Wouldn't rule out BFBS garbage either.

I wouldn't rule out BFBS either due to the Rams' affinity for following trends, but I think it will be an yellow version of the bone uni paired with the yellow pants they already have. 

They're not getting a white jersey. The bone is their white jersey, remember? (special NFL permission...?)

16 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I wouldn't rule out BFBS either due to the Rams' affinity for following trends, but I think it will be an yellow version of the bone uni paired with the yellow pants they already have. 

They're not getting a white jersey. The bone is their white jersey, remember? (special NFL permission...?)

They could roll out a white jersey based on the blue one. It would allow them to sell white jerseys to people who want them but don’t like the bone color.

42 minutes ago, dont care said:

They could roll out a white jersey based on the blue one. It would allow them to sell white jerseys to people who want them but don’t like the bone color.

They're not going to invest so much in marketing this new color and how amazing it is for their brand and then go around and introduce a standard white set not long after their shiny new color toy has been introduced.

I agree. They bought in all the way on their clam chowder uniforms, and a white jersey would seriously undercut that.

My guess on the two new uniforms are a yellow version of the dishwater jersey, worn exclusively with the yellow pants for a nauseatingly eye-searing visual experience, and a blue and white fauxback, because of the helmet color. 

But we’ve seen teams already sell 2 different white jerseys before. Sure most of them were throwbacks or color rush, but i think the same would apply, especially if they see the bone color being a failure in the first year to try make some money back by year year 3 or 4

Archived